I leave on Saturday Morning

Discussion in 'Chelsea Off Topic Threads' started by TerminalVertigo, Jul 21, 2009.

1. TerminalVertigo

Oct 18, 2004
    Ottawa Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    For The Military, my basic training starts next Monday.

Joining for Communication Research, basically deals with learning top secret stuff in a secure facility near Ottawa, with a secure future and pension setup, good pay, and decent hours, sounds good.

I was working as a network analyst, and a Server Analyst in Toronto up until last fall, but I hated the job, the city, the 45 minute daily car trips to work that take 7 minutes in off hours, where I lived, not much chance of promotion with it being a small company. (my uncles)

At least the schooling i did for computer technology will fit it well with the training i will get in communications research.

There is always the possibility of being deployed, and it is a purple trade, so that means it doesn't fall under the AF, Navy or Army specifically, its all three,so you go where they need you, AF base, Ship, Or Army Base.

But until I get all my security clearances (at least a few years, i shouldn't be heading anywhere, as they don't send people without the requisite knowledge into the field :)

Just wanted to share this info with you guys, I love this forum, and you guys.

Just wanted to post this so you guys don't wonder where i am over the next few months if i don't get on much.

Andrew

1 person likes this.
  2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Good luck Andrew. If you hear any cool secrets, please PM me. ;)

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    But then he'd have to kill you.

Take care brotha! See you on Facebook and such!

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    best of luck mate

please try to keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

5. chief232

chief232 Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Mississauga, Ontario
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Best wishes to you mate, my brother's a corporal currently staying in Petawawa(which is indeed near Ottawa :p), already did a tour of about 9 months in Afghanistan and made it back safely.

Hopefully you'll still catch CFC games :D

6. Blue Celery

Blue Celery Member

Apr 13, 2007
    Good luck Terminal. Give us a holler when you can!!

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All the best mate - do us proud :)

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    A job with all sorts of internet high speed activity to decode secret messages, transmiting classified IT data via satellites, configuring codes while watching a live stream of a CL match all while posting on the pbp thread on Big Soccer???

Cool!!! Where do I sign up?

Best of luck, and be well, man!