I have a 1 year old baby and a newborn

Discussion in 'Parenting & Family' started by ampark21, Feb 19, 2016.

1. ampark21

ampark21 New Member

Feb 17, 2016
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My wife has recently given birth to my newborn baby. May I know what is a good method to prevent my elder kid from getting jealous with her younger sibling?

2. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, if your kid is 1 year old, I would think the first thing you should do is not worry about it. Jealousy isn't something a 1 year old can feel; what she will know is that she's not getting the attention from her parents as quickly as maybe she has in the past. This is probably a good thing. Since there's two of you, you do have the opportunity to give each child 1 on 1 time when you're both home and available. And make sure you don't separate them too much. My eldest was two and a half when her brother was born and at times, for instance, we'd both put them in the same crib for nap time. The sooner your daughter realizes that there's a new baby in the house, the sooner she'll come to accept the baby.

dehoff03 repped this.
  3. Foraes

Foraes New Member

Juventus
    Dec 14, 2018
    Chicago, IL
    I agree with Val1 that you can spend more time with the elder kid while your wife is taking care of younger. This is the best way. Also, you should consider taking care of a newborn as well, so the elder child didn't get less attention from the mother.

4. Roberto11

Roberto11 New Member

PSG
    Japan
    Feb 14, 2019
    Hmm, It is a great question with no answer)) When my second child was born my elder kid was happy. But after a few months, I discovered he became a jealous kid. He even started to smoke!
    I had to do something with it immediately, so I found this great article https://vapingdaily.com/quit-smoking/reducing-smoking-among-teens/ and tried to become not his father but his friend or buddy) It worked!
    He quit with it. And I think the answer for jealous problems in a family is a communication! ONLY!

5. MFisc

MFisc New Member

FC Porto
    United States
    Feb 26, 2019
    How old is Ur first son ?

6. Thomas Cook

Thomas Cook New Member

Manchester United
    Portugal
    Mar 28, 2019
    Yes Exactly how old is your first son that he started to smoke?