I Don't Like Mondays: Tottenham vs. Watford, April 30

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Phillyspur, Apr 30, 2018.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's Brasilian.

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Head clash between Trippier and Richarlison...Trippier up, but Richarlison sill down.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both players back on, good.

4. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess you could say he had a close shave then.

BalanceUT repped this.
  5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great ball from Kane to Sissoko...and you know the result.

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lloris with another good save.

7. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Victory.

This is the difference between a good team and an average team. In the end, there was not much difference between the two, both had control for periods, presented danger, and Lloris really had a more difficult game. But when the opportunity arose, Spurs scored and Watford did not.

8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Nice to see Lloris having a good game.

9. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Strange game. Lloris, who has been poor all year, put in his best performance of the season. Vertonghen and Sanchez, who have been solid all year, were easily ripped apart by Richarlison.

Thought Lucas had earned his way into the starting XI based on recent performances so I was disappointed to see that he didn't even make an appearance today.

10. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Vert was good, but Sanchez looked almost disinterested. And my interpretation was that Richarlison did more damage because of Tripper than Sanchez.

11. Count Chocula

Count Chocula Member+

May 7, 2010
    Cedar Falls, IA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wanyama continues to disappoint me this season

and Dier is so frustrating. he'll make a great long pass or two, and then the short easy pass he'll give to the opposition in the worst spot and give them a solid attacking chance

lamela also needs to stop holding the ball too long. he's not a goal scorer on this team unless someone else sets him up

but the #1 need is a LB unless Rose is coming back and fully fit next season

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It looks like some of our team are playing knowing they probably won't be at the club next season, while others look like they're saving themselves for the World Cup. Not very promising, considering there is still work to be done to wrap up a CL spot. We won't get away with performances like that every week.

Thankfully, Lloris returned to his traditional form or we would have dropped more points to encourage Kremlin FC. Dembélé continued his poor run of form with another dreadful performance, constantly giving the ball away, while our fullbacks were good going forward, but a disaster defensively.

It was a typical Watford game. I have enjoyed watching their games this season because you usually see a lot of goals at both ends when they play. They create a ton of chances but they are very profligate in front of goal and they always have 2 or 3 ricketts in them at the back and in goal. Don't know how that malakas Karnezis is playing ahead of our old boy Gomes, he is dreadful for club and country.

Another sign of how far we have come, when Wenger FC lost at Man U, it confirmed we would finish ahead of them for a 2nd consecutive season, yet the event passed with little fanfare.

soccernutter repped this.
  13. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I think it’s more players know there’s not a whole lot to play for. Easy games ahead, a five point gap over Chelsea and a game in hand against Liverpool. It’s Tottenham so an epic end of season meltdown is possible, but CL football seems the only thing left to play for.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A bunch of these players where there for the Newcastle match - 9 of the 11 starters (Alde being one) that day are regular with the club, and will remember the talk they got after the match.