I dare you all...

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by mlsrevs, Jul 29, 2002.

1. evilcrossbar

evilcrossbar New Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Well then the 'Articles and Links' should be expanded. It's logical, since it seems that the primary reason behind its creation was to find a place to put soccer-bashing articles and threads (regardless of whether they are published or broadcast).

In contrast, the typical b*tching and complaining about ABC/ESPN coverage that goes on here should NOT generally belong in 'Articles and Links' but in the general 'Business and Media' forum.

2. mlsrevs

mlsrevs New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    MA
    Well seeing as how a whole different debate has been sparked here, i will again say my point.
    1. Why do we care if someone wants to bash soccer. Yes, we care about the game, but it is ridiculous to come here to say "Tony Kornheiser is a poo poo head and is stupid and ugly and looks like a monster". I think just sending him a simple email would be more efficient for you, and all bigsoccer B&M browsers. Coming to cry at bigsoccer and spew hate at the man will be useless.

2. Socccer will not become a mainstream sport anytime soon, and the game will repeadidly be bashed until it does. So bashing the bashers will do nothing but waste your own time. It is foolish to flock to BS and have threads like this:
    Subject: Soccer bashed on ESPN
    First post: I think all ESPN people are stupid heads and should go eat some Jell-o. I cant believe they made fun of soccer.
    Reply: ridiculous
    Reply: BUMP

I was looking through the forum this afternoon and started at the bottom, the first four threads i came upon included soccer bashing articles or comment. And then going up the list, there were a few more. Can we please just have a sticky thread for all these articles so half the threads arent listed as
    "ESPN SCREWS SOCCER AGAIN" "Soccer Bashing in the New Republic" "Check out this page in ESPN MAG" "TOny Kornheiser on PTI bashes soccer" and so on.

3. evilcrossbar

evilcrossbar New Member

Jan 19, 2002
    That's the problem, there is a sub forum where all this should go but it is not well advertised nor are the moderators doing thier jobs by moving these threads to the Articles and Links forum.

Topics having to do with business and media that many people might find useful or interestig: financial deals, debates about salary caps, what one can do to get x or y soccer programming, etc. are all being drowned out by soccer bashing articles (they have a right to be seen yes, but in thier own forum please).

I just find the response to a soccer bashing article to be somewhat limited to "yeah that guy is a real b@stard"/ "those guys are full of **** "/ "we should all email him(them)"/ "no we shouldn't"/ "yes we should".

4. Why don't they just make a category for soccer bashing then. Being that its so difficult for some of you to roll the mouse past soccer bashing links.