I can't stand Nationalistic commentators!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by luisare81, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: I can't stand Mexican comentaristas!!

The general rule for narrators is the same like the referees': make sure the comentaristas are from a different country than any of the teams.

So Ill be watching the rest of Libertadores via Fox Sports Arg :cool:

2. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Chivas-SP game intolerable. So one sided it became laughable.

If you only had the volume and not the picture, you would have had a hard time figuring out who was playing.

Chivas vs. Brazilians of some sort. By the way, inform the Vatican to make room for a statue of Oswaldo....and his father.

And on the few ocasions they did refer to the actual team in question, they were San Pablo. I know that it is not too hard to call the team Sao Paulo. It ain't Russian. They dont work for Deportes La Volpe en Espanol. No, they have used the real name of the network parent company FOX. So they are capable of retraining.

3. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I agree with all of you. It was EMBARRASING to hear those new mexican comentaristas during the Chivas-SP game.

Even worse was the "La Previa" show they had before the game, for God's sake they had Chivas cheerleaders in the show!!! Might as well call the program "We are mexicans and we want Chivas to win" instead of La Previa. Completely unprofessional attitude by Fox Sports.

4. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

i agree...i don't know who is worst univision or fox sports.

5. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

Clearly Foxsports...all the commentary done for the u.s audience sux major balls !!! Whats worse is..they start with the south american previa...then jackass sammy jacobo cuts in and ********s everything up. WHY ???!!! the new commentator they had was horrible ! Yesterday before the Libertad game they cut in during the SA previa...boy was i happy when they didnt commentate.

6. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

LOL... !...now thats repp material !

7. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Sammy Jacobo is the worst of them all in my opinion.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I was pissed off when the mexicans cut in, and it was so funny when they said, "Here in Asuncion" as if we were to believe that they were actually in Asuncion.

9. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I would love to have Goltv buy the Copa Libertadores rights and have the crew from 45/45 Commentate!!! This way we can kill two birds wiht one stone.. We can have great commentating and not have to deal with the Mexican Clubs.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

the worst thing is telemundo when they have the nerve to ask Argentians that work for them who they want to win mexico or arg, and who they think will win. And then there like omg what a let down Argentina beat us... WHo the hell do they think they are

11. Necaxista

Necaxista New Member

Oct 23, 2004
    Cuernavaca
    Club:
    Club Necaxa
    Nat'l Team:
    Namibia

I listen to fox sports arg as well, the other one is full of incompetent asholes. Plus their accents are awesome.
    But the ones in arg talk about omar bravo like hes god or something.

12. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

you now how i know that's a lie, no way in hell will we ever chant si se puede. that is why i dont go to games were somebody from mexico to ecuador is playing except maybe colombia. shit the koreans have better chants and i dont even know theyre language.

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

a lie? you're implying there are no other biased commentators?...lol

i rememeber the Pumas - Boca game from the sudamericana..followed it on a argentinian station...as biased as a comentator can be...

anyone who thinhks there isnt biased commentators everywhere it's just dumb..

14. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

its not that they are bias, its that the Argentine commentators do it an a elegantly way. I enjoy watching games that they do because of their professionalism and their knowledge of the other coutries other than argentina. Plus they have years of experience.

The Americanized Mexican commentators dont know what they are talking about and often make many mistakes on players names. They often repeat the same phrases over and over again.

On the other hand, i have heard some great commentating from Mexican commnetators that broadcast in Mexico, for example El Perro Bermudez.

15. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

That's the bottom line. If you think about it, how easy is it to find a non-bias comentarista when their team is playing? The difference is that most of the time the Argentines do seem to know what they are talking about... and the abhorrent bias usually comes up only when Closs and Niembro are on (anyone remember those Boca games from last year? Disgusting) because everyone else (including Varsky, who's probably my favorite comentarist on Fox Sports) is pretty level headed most of the time.

But bias or non bias they all know their shit... they like the sport and they like to know what's going on in other countries. I don't know if the Mexicans are too self centered (more than the Argentines? Hard to believe) or they just don't have enough access to what goes on in South America... either way, when they confuse Paraguay with Uruguay and don't even know the players names on the opposing team, the joke is on THEM and THEY are the ones that look unprofessional and idiotic. I'm sure even the Mexicans agree with this.

16. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

I dont think their to self centered.
    I think alot has to do witht he fact that we havent had a quality commentator for a long time now. IMO the best weve had was Angel FernandeZ and Roberto Hernandez...the Mexicanos from foxsport cant even hold thier jockstraps. Also the fact that they dont kno shit about SA football..they think they kno..which is funny to me.. The Argies are the only ones that should do the commentating for this tourney in SA as well as for the audience in the u.s......and thats the bottom line, cause ElDivino said SO !!!!!!!!!

17. smd9

smd9 Guest

very well said, but watch your mouth next time.:D

18. ACGreen

ACGreen Member

May 12, 2004
    São Paulo, Brasil
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How bad is it gonna be tonight, boys?

19. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia

With Mexico's long tradition of television broadcasting, I find it hard to believe how terribly bad ALL their commentators are. Univision, Telemundo, Fox Sports, all of them- what's up with that?

20. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth

I'm watching the Sao Paulo game right now on FSE...so happy Chivas missd that PK...just to shut up the announcers.

21. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth

They can be funny..but biased as heck..which ruins their creditability. I don't mind bias commentary...on your own turf. Those listed channels are broadcasted in the US and made available to everyone. Be neutral.

22. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

considering that all those stations you mentioned none of them are mexican i dont know how you would talk about mexican commentators basing it on those channels...

all those channels lack professionalism when it comes to soccer commentating...well maybe not lack of it...but they just will get anyone who can name a player to get to the commentator's booth...

anyone here has had the chance to listen to Fernando Schwarts?...that guy spent all his career in mexico just giving out sports news...but was enough to be the main commentator in Galavision

23. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

that's one dude that irks me....i don't know what it is but i'd like to punch him in the head....

i'll even settle for the dude that belts out "gol azo azo azo" :D

shit, i'll even settle for marcelo balboa than schwartz:eek:

24. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Forced to settle for one crappy option amongst a sea of equally crappy options. :(

25. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia

Here's how: THE COMMENTATORS ARE MEXICAN NO MATTER WHAT STATION THEY'RE WORKING FOR. Samuel Jacobo is Mexican if he's working for Televisa or Fox. Get it?

And don't think those channels pick the very best South American commentators. Sammy Sadovnik from Gol TV was pretty much an unknown in Peru, I also read that Andres Cantor came to the US because he couldn't hack it in Argentina.