I can't stand Nationalistic commentators!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by luisare81, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Re: I can't stand Mexican comentaristas!!

Thats true

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

personal insults will only get you a card

3. divo2317

divo2317 New Member

Aug 25, 2005

First do like i did: I e-mailed fox sports and their sponsors and let them know that these mexican commentaristas suck and nationlistically biased when relaying the game. Now about the playing pitch,notice how the field had horizontal and diagonal rutts and groves made where passes are mostly made horizontally and diagonally(just to the sides of the penalty areas). This is obviouslly intentional. These mexicans think they're SLICK. The teams that go there to play,should refuse to play and Chivas should be penalized and not allow to compete until they fix the problem. Furthermore, I don't give a damn if mexicans are the biggest amount demographically!!!!!!!!!!

in closing i'd like to say that perhaps that Chivas stadium is used part-time as a corn field, so they can make their tortillas, thats why it's full of rutts and groves,as though they were farming there!!!!!!

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

lo de ayer fue funesto!

recuerdan en el minuto 6 cuando uno de esos turds dice: " la peino para atras"

duuuuhhh

no bobote...la peino para adelante!

o en medio tiempo cuando samuel Jabobo dice que Talavera no fue acosado.... ese no conoce ni a los de su familia!

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

I can't believe those guys dared to say Bofo's goal was legit.... do they even know the rules? Are they professionals?

Then again, it doesn't really surprise me... and here I was thinking they were getting better.

Jacobo's shennanigans have become the standard. It would be abnormal for him to say something smart.

6. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx

Well why dont you get FOX SPORTS en Argentina? I was watching it with the argentinian commentators because i cant stand the mexican one's. The situation with the field, well three teams share that field and its old. The new Chivas stadium is being built which is pretty badass you should check out some pics of the stadium on the internet.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

lets see what we get tonite (MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!)

I found this place to leave messages with criticisim about their broadcasts:

Fox Sports en Espanol
    Jennifer Serna
    310-444-8736
    or
    H&M Communications
    Etienne Hernandez-Medina
    310-849-3663

esos tipos ni las reglas o pronunciacion del visitante sabian, ademas el visco de los comentaristas se notaba nervioso (con solo verlo agarrar el microfono en la previa)

8. Pedro80

Pedro80 New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Long Beach

I Cant Help Wonder The Critisizm And Biased Opinions Coming From Some Of The People In This Forum. And I Am Trying To Understand If The Comments Made Are Made To The Mexican Commentators Or Mexicans In General. What Ever Biased Opinions Some Of You Guys Might Have Obviously Doesnt Make You Any Differerent From The Opinions Some Of These Commentators You Guys Are Critizing Have. As A Matter Of Fact Some Of The Comments Some Of You Guys Have Are Worse.
    Im Pretty Sure That Shallow Thought Some Of You Guys Might Have In Persisting To Think That Mexican Soccer Cant Compete With Those Of South America Seem To Over Whelm Your Thoughts And Thats Fine But Mexican Teams Keep Showing And Proving Those Persons Wrong. Not To Mention The Biased Treatment The Mexican Teams Have Been Receiving From The Conmebol And Fro The Referees In The Libertadores.

9. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

if there in the fox sports office in santa monica i work two block away from them.

10. Cosme

Cosme Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Houston

I just got back from Mexico and watched a few Copa Libertadores matches. Two of the three I watched had Argentine commentators (it was Fox Sports Espanol). Not to derail, but I found them horrendous. And at one point they wanted to know what kind of food was being put up for sale in the stadium and they sent a crew to interview people purchasing food and drinks. It was rather lame. But I guess we're never happy. :)

11. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino

Argentine commentators are the same as mexican ones i was watching the Sao Paolo vs estudiantes game and they were "vamos estudiantes si de puede" and a bunch of other crap

12. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Hey Im mexican and I cant stand them either, those guys are annoying, but as far as being partial, well, who isnt ?

13. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I quit watching any games that include a Mexican Club because of the commentators. Yeah, I don't mind people being partial but also comment on the other team. When River played Libertad, You also heard The Arg. Comm give mad praise to Libertad. That "US" against conmebol is getting old especially with the cupacabra, Area 51 etc.. conspiracy theories. Its sucks but unless the conmebol does something about it, Most true fans like myself that have watch the Copa Libs since infancy will just lose interest. I will not watch a Mexican Club in the copa lib.

14. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Add me to the "hate" list for the mexican FSE comentators. They are so biased it's not even funny. During 90% of the game they only talk about and analyze the mexican team playing the game but now that I think of it's actually better because the other 10% when they talk about the other team they give wrong information or they simply don't know what they're talking about (most common mistake calling Paraguay ---> Uruguay or vice versa)

It's funny because my favorite comentarista is actually mexican (Pablo Ramirez aka Las Torres de Jalisco). He's the most unbiased comentarista ever, he will scream a Togo goal as hard as a Mexico goal.

15. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

[QUOTE

It's funny because my favorite comentarista is actually mexican (Pablo Ramirez aka Las Torres de Jalisco). He's the most unbiased comentarista ever, he will scream a Togo goal as hard as a Mexico goal.[/QUOTE]

???? Are you being sarcastic??? U can't posibly be serious about la torre de Jalisco, he is by far the worst comentarista, that has ever lived. He made the WC painfull for us to watch, I would take all the one sided bias from anyone Mexican, Argentinian or whoever as long as I don't have to listen to Azo azo azo. As for the comentaristas I really like the Close guy I would have Payed to listen to him during the world cup, The other Mexican crew to me is not that bad, they are by no means good either, but U can't go by me, because after listening to La torre for so long my standards are so low that anyone who doesn't talks about Palo, pintura and soldadura , is a good for me.

16. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I guess people either hate La Torre or love him. I have many friends that have different feelings about him. At first I hated him, but I got used to his AZO AZO and "tubo fierro y metalll" screams. He is very passionate and unbiased and knows a lot about the teams he is working on (he rarely misses players' names, he even knows players from small football nations like Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, etc.)

17. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx

Yeah I agree, I used to hate him as well, but then i realized that he is a master of bringing the excitement out of the game. Now hes been one of my favs.

18. Guti™

Guti™ Moderator

Mar 6, 2005
    La Victoria
    Club:
    Alianza Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
  19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He's fooking hilarious!!! My Dad and i were fooking rolling!!!! I actually enjoyed listening to him. His little extra Shinanigans was great!!!

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Pablo Ramirez's "welcome to the jungle" almost made me piss my pants!!! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Man this is a new one for me I never met anyone that doesn't HATE la torre, let alone being his favorite comentarista and Paraguayo, but to each his own.

Have you heard that Cardozo signed with Olimpia today?.

22. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Thank you!!! I almost forgot about taht! One of the jewels of the WC.

23. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Yes, I think it's a good signing now that Martin Garcia got injured. The problem is that Cardozo has to wait for some kind of resolution from the APF if he can play or not (because the signing date for players in the clausura is already closed) so I guess we have to wait and see if he'll be able to play. :)

Yeah, that was funny as hell. I also like how he goes crazy screaming penalty, penalty, PENALTYYY :D

24. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Argentine commentators are generally biased, but in my opinion their comments are unbearable only when an Argentine team faces a Brazilian one. Like somebody else said, when you have supposedly neutral commentators rooting for a team (like that Estudiantes game, as an example) it just becomes annoying.

They had a new guy today for the Chivas vs Sao Paulo game... I thought he used to work for Televisa? Regardless, he was consistently bad when it came to comments unrelared to the Mexican league... I think this is what hurts most Mexican commentators. If you are gonna talk about something, you better know your shit... even more if you are broadcasting Libertadores, which is a tournament with a rich history.

Oh yeah, and La Torre sucks... but I believe this is due more to personal taste rather than him being horrible. He seems to be pretty knowledgeable (compared to most) so that earns him some respect... but I find his style annoying.

25. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

maybe he want's to give him a rim-job !!, and he's was thinking it's gonna' be pretty Sa-br-osa!!!!....