Hypothetical: If You Were the I/O of the new Miami franchise, which DP would you sign?

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by Stefan Schuette, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Stefan Schuette

Jan 3, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a shame Claure backed out, if Miami had a team in 2011, I think signing Ronaldinho as a DP for that season, would pack any stadium in Miami.

As far as Miami goes, I think he's the ultimate DP. One that would have a Beckham effect in the Miami area (his national effect wouldn't be as significant as the Beckham signing, but I think it would definitely help a little bit).

Do you disagree? Who wold you sign?

2. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    erry henry

Thierry Henry would have been a good DP.

3. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry, Ronaldinho, heck anyone with that kind of name recognition would do.

In the end though it would be a consistently good team, one that challenged for MLS Cup and made some runs in the CCL that would foster great fan support. Having a Ronaldinho or Beckham on a bad team wouldn't help draw fans much.

4. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry wants to play in Miami. This is why the Barca deal not getting done disappointed me so.

But if I were to sign a DP, I would try to sign Didier Drogba.

5. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well now that the CBA is signed and there will not be any death of MLS, is there still a possibilty of Miami getting a franchise? or Even Orlando getting a franchise? There is still one more spot for expansion so where can it be next?

As for the DP, i think ronaldinho would be the best DP right now, I feel that would fill any stadium as said above..

6. A Hugh Jass

A Hugh Jass Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Myrtle Beach
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Henry or Ronaldinho, i really hope Miami gets the other expansion team since montreal is all but guarenteed