Hypothermia

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by George Griffin, Oct 12, 2002.

1. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Just a reminder all those coming to the match to wear some warm layers under your rain gear tomorrow. This is especially true if you are bringing youngsters. The forcast sounds like it could be a day with a real high risk for hypothermia. I also remind those who take a beer (or 2 :) that alcohol makes one feel warmer but increases the risk of losing body heat and thus more susceptable to hypothermia. Of course since we all will be jumping and screeming in support of our lads I'm sure everyone will be toasty and just fine.

GO REVS

2. Ross

Ross Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Straight outta Qtown
    He ain't lyin. Layers! Fleece!

Thank you Dr. G. I'll be dusting off my rain gear and woolies at the same time that I'm packing the Sams and the chili in the cooler...

-Amy

3. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Game time conditions, 59 Degrees, Rain, Wind from the East Northeast at 16 mph, be prepared!

4. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    In case you haven't left yet,

non-cotton clothing is the way to go. Anything else, fleece, wool, or polypropene (Gore-tex, Terramar) is the way to go. I wouldn't even recommend jeans, since cotton does not wick away moisture.

5. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    Let it rain

After MLS-Cup '96 I went to Wal-Mart and got professional strenghth rain gear and rubber-duckies.

Mom has red carded the kids for this game though.

6. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    If things get really desperate, you can buy hot chocolates for $6.00 each. (I didn't like the cocoa, but this isn't a complaint or a rant against the Krafts, just a helpful suggestion...)

7. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    $3.00 each. ;)

8. moacir

moacir New Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Figueira da Foz, PT
    Little drizzle...

I know someone that says that Weather Forecasters are part of the Baseball Conspiracy.

After all, a nice cool New England Autumn evening with a little drizzle that did not stay very long.

9. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    I had all but jeans, my jersey and a poncho on today and came out fine. It was a little bit cold and uncomfortable but I'm not sick (yet). Oh and moacir, you were joking about putting professional and Walmart in the same sentence right?