Hwang Hee-chan @ FC RB Salzburg 2016-2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by batumchange2, Dec 8, 2016.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think Salzburg would mind keeping him as I'm guessing his salary is manageable, but the rumor timing seems pretty suspicious and he doesn't seem to be on a fast track to Leipzig.

2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    But even if that's the case, he would join a bundesliga team...coming from a Pohang youth player, that's remarkable.

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think HHC has fully earned what he's gotten so far, especially looking at Lee Jin Hyun in comparison. And RB has been very generous to an unproven kid. And I think HHC maybe has a future at a higher level too even if its not Leipzig level. I'm sure German BL clubs would love a hard working fast guy.

But the RB talent machine is just that even if HHC has "won" all but the final round.

4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #604 aeh1991, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    The rumor timing is obviously because Salzburg has reached the semi finals of the EL. It's not only him, but also Lainer, Samassekou, Berisha, Haidara, etc. are being scouted atm. Do you think the agents of these players think the same way? :rolleyes: And of course he doesn't seem to be on Leipzig's list as they are 1. not only reliant on Salzburg players (A.Lookman, Bruma, J.Augustin) and 2. doesn't seem to have any interests in CFs atm (there are no rumors about other CFs). They are focusing on replacing Keita and probably Forsberg first.

Edit: I am not saying that HHC will be a Leipzig candidate. How should I know? But I don't think the rumors have anything to do about him being good enough for Leipzig or not.

Edit2:
    I don't understand this sentence.

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    cause to win the final round you must be technically on other level, and let's be honest, HHC is not.

Or they might just think it's not good enough for their Bundesliga team now, but they are willing to wait and see what he can do in the ligue, since they feel HHC have nothing to prove/improve in the K league,i mean...in the Tipico Bundesliga.

6. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The point is that if he were ready, he'd be suiting up for Leipzig. All their attackers are about the same age as HHC or younger. And I don't think HHC would want to sit around for another year of waiting either seeing that.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah, as I said, RB is probably ok with having some continuity in HHC for a reasonable cost. They have a fourteen point cushion after all lol. And I do think they think he has resale value in Germany that makes it worth their while.

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think the situation might change when Leipzig sells Werner to Bayern (Pretty sure it will happen within the next 2 years) and Poulsen who said that he wants to go to EPL. If not, HHC also has a bad luck in timing, because as you said, the Leipzig attackers are all around HHC's age.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    https://sport.sky.de/transfers

BVB joins the list of interested teams!

seolseol and 10August2012 repped this.
  10. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Our KPAs dont have good experiences at Dortmund LOL

LYP, JDW, PJH

nmssis repped this.
  11. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    yeah, rather he not

12. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if his options are BvB, Liverpool and Spurs.. he should definitely sign for BvB. i can sort of understand the interest as the 3 clubs require aggressive pressing from the FWs.

at the same time, I've read Favre has a FW he likes from Ligue 1...

aeh1991 repped this.
  13. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think he should move to a mid tier Bundesliga club. Playing time for him is the most important right now.

12th Player and nmssis repped this.
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    nah, he should definitely join a top club if the offers are there. careers are too short for Korean players to carefully plan each move, not to mention.. the chance to join top clubs don't come often. joining a midtable doesn't guarantee playing time as well

also, it is better for national team if Korean players are challenging themselves at top clubs. not only do opposition NTs fear players at top clubs (Forsberg recently stated he couldn't remember playing against any Korean players in Bundesliga but knows of Son :ninja:) but also raises the profile of KNT as a whole.

edit - anyways, BvB do not have established FW unlike the PL clubs.

Chucky2202 and sac517 repped this.
  15. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Favre seems to be interested in a young French FW from Lille, from what I've read. HHC must be an alternative for that guy (at least HHC offers more international experience). But it seems like they won't sign Batshuayi to spare some money for other positions (they want Ziyech for example). So it makes sense to think about a young, affordable (15 m) FW with potential like HHC and one who is more established, but no a top player (similar to Aubameyang when he joined BVB) or another loan (Morata rumors).

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i personally don't rate HHC highly nor do i think his "potential" is great. at the same time, if the interest is serious & offer is there..he should definitely join BvB. the FWs BvB are linked with lately (which even includes Michael Gregoritsch) isn't all that impressive tbh..

sac517 repped this.
  17. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, but JDW and PJH went to BvB fully aware they would get little-to-zero playing time. So in HHC's case, we have much more reason to be optimistic he would get his fair shot.

18. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    Too many people here tend to be conservative. People predicted his doom and labeled him a traitor for leaving pohang.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    10August2012 and seolseol repped this.
  20. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Does BVB still play a high energy pressing game? If so, HHC might be valuable to them.

nmssis repped this.
  21. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    With Favre they will play a different style, but he is a great developper. He might bring HHC to the next level.

22. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    don't take the rumor to BvB seriously though (nothing from kicker or local press). it was just last season even this guy was linked to BvB

http://www.soccernews.com/bobby-wood-on-borussia-dortmund-radar/227847/

edit - anyways, BvB are also linked to OGC Nice FW Favre knows well... along w/ FW from Real Sociedad.

23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Hannover 96 seems interested, too. But they won't be able to afford him, I guess. Meanwhile Salzbufg has extended the contract of Haidara who everyone expected to join Leipzig (just like manager Rose). I think there's a big chance that Hwang just might remain in Salzburg.

24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LOL. Hwang Hee Chan is my starting FW for my career mode BVB.