Hungary - Portugal (R)

Discussion in 'Group F - Portugal, Iceland, Austria, Hungary' started by nirvaanfc, Jun 22, 2016.

1. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    https://footballfutbolcalciosoccer.blogspot.com/2016/06/euro-2016-preview-group-f-portugal.html

It comes to a simple equation for Portugal, win and you qualify likely in first and avoid the deadly half of the bracket. For Hungary it is also pretty simple, win/lose/draw you're in - so who knows how they play this game.

Ronaldo has the stage set for him to be a difference maker and given some of the chances he had against Austria, you have to believe he'll come out firing.

2. Gilbertsson

Gilbertsson Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Apr 1, 2012
    Geneva
    Club:
    Toronto Croatia
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland

He even missed the lake.:D Anyway, I think that Portugal will win today and that Ronaldo, Nani, Quaresma will do great things today.:)

3. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Expect Ronaldo to bounce back today and Portugal to win by 3. I believe that many people underrate them and truly believe that the only reason why the ever qualify is because of Ronaldo when in reality is one of the most balanced teams in the tournament.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats gonna be difficult now that they're 1:0 down

5. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    First moment of brilliance with the assist from Ronaldo.

Still no goals though.

6. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pathetic Portugal performance.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Ronaldo's been trying to hit his shots into that lake, too....

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    CR7 with a best player in the world performance so far. Special from him for all you haters.

Shame his teammates are crap.

9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    its deflection city im loving this ****

finish them hungary!

FINISH THEM!

10. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    How the hell teams like Chelsea and Man Utd are interested in a headless chicken like Joao Mario is beyond me.

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    That one way to for CR7 haters to get served.

MadridRojoRowdy repped this.
  12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    As it stands Portugal en route to joining bracket of death with Germany Spain Italy England France. ..

MadridRojoRowdy repped this.
  13. MadridRojoRowdy

Jun 14, 2016
    NC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And the plot thickens...

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    So close... Iceland win their game at the death... stupid if you ask me. Should have played for the draw. Instead they get to go down the England - France - Spain / Italy / Germany path...

Portugal gets the following path: Croatia -> Poland / Switzerland -> Northern Ireland / Wales / Hungary / Sweden or Croatia -> Poland / Switzerland -> Turkey / Wales / Hungary / Belgium

puyol repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I watched the game with about 50 Icelandics. The consensus before the match was that they would rather play England than Croatia.

I tend to agree. The England match will be one-way traffic probably, but no tougher than Iceland's first 3 games of which they lost zero. Croatia is at a whole other level technically. They would rip Iceland apart imo.

A win over England would also be more historic for the tiny nation. Any win would at this stage but all the more so if its over England.

16. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We get Croatia who I think will crush unless we go ultra defensive and bunker. Thanks to Iceland we at least get the easy side of the draw. If by some great stroke of luck we manage to beat Croatia we get Switzerland or Poland.

17. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I agree I would of much rather play England because Portugal would of had a much better chance of winning and I think any team would rather play England than Croatia at this tournament. Iceland have a fighting chance as the England defence is their week point and their forward line has not fired as well as many people expected.

18. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    True. But getting Croatia gives Iceland the right to dream of a final... With England / France / Germany / Spain / Italy en route they know they are goners. The easy bracket is free for all.

19. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I honestly don't get your logic. Yes, Croatia seems a tougher opponent than England, but if Portugal wants to make the final and I'm sure they do you obviously want to meet Poland / Switerland next, not France.

20. Guinho

Guinho Member+

San Jose Earthquakes, bless their hearts
    Estonia
    May 27, 2001
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gotta say, I'm loving it that Portugal finished behind Iceland. Lucky for them it's a 24 team tournament!

zahzah repped this.
  21. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes that what I am saying in a less straight forward way. We have not beaten France since 1975, a 10 game losing run. Versus Croatia we have won 3 out of 3 (1995 3-0, 2005 2-0 and 2013 1-0) but they are vastly superior to us at the moment.

22. Agenbite

Agenbite Member

Jun 22, 2016
    What a fantastic game. Very exciting. Good to see Ronaldo back on track.

23. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #23 JoseEmidio, Jun 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    Iceland have been monumental. Don't have a bad word to say about them, fabulous performance.

Portugal have made it out of the group stage in the Euro's 7 out of 7 times. No Portuguese fan is happy with Portugal's performance this tournament but we are through. Bunker against Croatia and hope for the best.

24. Agenbite

Agenbite Member

Jun 22, 2016
    Defense better step it up for that strategy.

25. JoseEmidio

JoseEmidio Member+

Dec 6, 2009
    London
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Don't think we have a choice a ding dong battle with Croatia would be suicidal.