Hungarian national team [R]

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by zmse, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    is there not a nice and honest Hubgarian-bsed individual out there to to the VIDEO of Brazil-Hungary for an Englander?!!

2. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD

you should ask bentex,

3. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD

same goes for brasil, btw:)

4. Omi5689

Omi5689 New Member

Apr 27, 2004
    Ive got tickets to it :cool:
    its gonna be a good game, with Hungary losing by a lot, as i hate to admit it, theyre not their former self anymore

Im Lebanese, and Ive lived in Hungary for 10 years now, and Ive been going to an English school all those years :)

5. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Any takers re the video of the game for an Englander?

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is the line-up that Brazil will start with tomorrow:

Dida;
    Cafu, Juan, Roque Jr., Roberto Carlos;
    Juninho Pernambucano, Edmilson, Zé Roberto;
    Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Kaká, Luís Fabiano

Juan takes the injured Lúcio's spot, Adriano is injured and will not be on the benc (Luís Fabiano was expected to start anyways). Edmilson will play d-mid.

How's Hungary looking?

7. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    again: ask bentex, he will record the match on dvd, i guess

8. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    bad enough, maybe like this:

Babos - Molnár B., Juhász, Pető Z. - Bodnár, Farkas B., Lipcsei, Bodor - Gera - Torghelle, Kenesei

and, of course, with miklós fehér in our minds

9. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    In the US, the game is on Setanta Pub Channel. You may have to ask them to order it.

For instance, in the Cleveland area, five pubs are listed as showing it (relative to my zip code).

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Eager to hear from any of you who went to the game, not to mention envious. Please do give us a report.

11. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Brasil got lucky. We hit the post 4 times, missed 3 penalty kicks, and dominated the match.

:)

Ok, not really.

Not sure why Szabics didn't start, and Kenesi did.

12. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    ..........did anyone video the game via Hungarian TV?

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Actually, Hungary got lucky - their goal came when a foul on Juninho Pernambucano was not called and the scorer was offside, and Brazil had a goal called back because the ref called a foul rather than advantage.

:D

I know what happened in the match, I'm curious for more personal reports though and different perspectives.

14. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Would somone (Hungarian) please put here the OFFICIAL attendance when the papers publish it later today. Ta.

15. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    Just got home from the game....a few thoughts and observations

1) Good crowd....while Hungary does not play like they used to, fans are very knowledgeable. That said, many of the people at the game did not appear to be "fans"....they were there for the event. Crowd was probably similar to what you would see at a big rock concert,etc. Popular section of stadium (behind the goals) was even chanting at times "where have you all been"

Ticket prices were high by local standards, so many "fans were at training...am told 20,000 people showed to watch Brasil train

2) Brasil is a classier team, but Hungary played decently for the first half hour. Two goals within four minutes had them reeling, game was over in the 35th minute. Up to that point though they were hanging in there and giving as good as they got

3) Think that Hungary, like many teams, gave Brasil too much respect/were in awe of them. Yes Brasil is special, but you can not play in awe of the opponent

4) Was happy to see Hungary get a goal. Not pretty but gritty and I think that is what Hungary seems to lack (fight,grit, what have you)

5) Fans were happy to see the team attack....actually kept going forward through the end of the match. From what my brother in law told me, this has been a criticism of Hungary in the the recent past. Of course, being three goals down, really have minimal options but to go forward but still......

6) regarding brasil....while I would not say it was a great performance as a team, but they have such amazing players....a couple of let ups and Hungary is down 2 goals in four minutes....match was over at that point

7)sporadic groups of Brasilians throughout the stadium...groups of 2 or three....would guestimate there were 300 Brasilians in attendance

8) Agreed Hungary lucky on one goal from Brasil being called back and the offsides overlooked on their own

Great night overall....looking forward to seeing Hungary in World Cup qualifying in the near future

16. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    it was 30,000 people at the training.

in the last 2 decades we havent seen much of good football teams.
    hu ngarian fans are like starving for quality football, thats why the public interest was so intensive. reminded a bit the zte v man utd match 2 years ago, this time even more of a show event.

hope to see more teams like brasil, argentina, france, italy etc. for friendlies in the near future.

let the football show go on in hungary. maybe like this, we can improve and qualify to world cup or euro until 2050.

17. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD

18. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    You could tell that there wasa desire to see great football....do not speak Hungarian yet (only here a few weeks so far) but it was easy to see that there were very knowledgeable people watching the game and they took great pleasure in watching the performance of both teams

Sanyi, as a Hungarian, what did you think of your team last night?

19. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Gremista - I have sent you a PM. Did you get the video of the game?

20. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    they were not bad, compared to their performances in the last years it was one of the best matches we made. i think the result was maybe 1 goal too much.
    our coach is still doing experiments in order to find a good team for wc qualifiers.
    some our best players were missing for injuries (lisztes, fehér, petö t., löw)
    but there were some positive surprises like the youngsters huszti, juhász or torghelle , who scored the goal.
    next opponents will be china (june 02) and germany (june 06), both away games. hope for the best:)

21. O.K.

O.K. New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    Debrecen, Hungary
    Michel Platini's letter to Hungarian football players, on Hungary joining the EU. Nice gesture from one of the greatest players of all time and advisor to Sepp Blatter (though there's not much merit in that). :)

[​IMG]

I have only seen a hungarian translation of this letter so I translated that into english for all to read.

"Paris, April 30th

To all Hungarian football players,

On this historic day I would like to send my best wishes to the whole family
    of Hungarian football.
    A new chapter is written in the history of your country, which can further
    establish the solidarity, that exceeds football and includes any sport or
    sporting activity.
    With this friendly message I wish to encourage the frequent and all around
    beneficial exchange of experience between our countries.

Michel Platini"

22. magyaRulez

magyaRulez New Member

May 2, 2004
    Yes, i hope also that we can win both games. :)

23. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    san germanino v san hungarino 1-5 would be nice:)

24. zmse

zmse New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Hungary
    Scotland - Hungary 0:3

Huszti (45+1., 53.), Marshall (73.)

25. zmse

zmse New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Hungary