Hungarian national team [R]

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by zmse, Apr 4, 2004.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hi, there!
    Could someone tell me where Sowunmi (sp?) is originally from? Or where his parents are from, for that matter?

Metro

2. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    As far as i know, one of his parents is Hungarian, the other is Nigerian. He has lived in Hungary his whole life.(i think).

Btw, i won't make any comments on yesterdays game...what a disaster :(

3. ZeekLTK

ZeekLTK Member

Mar 5, 2004
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Tough luck yesterday, but I can't say I'm disappointed. :D

Good luck against Bosnia on Wednesday though!

4. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    his moms Hungarian his dads Nigerian.. he was born and raised in Hungary. he is a terrible player and we stand no chance of winning if he is on the team.

5. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    I kind of figured that 1 out. That is not a hungarian name, so ofcourse his mother must be hungarian.

6. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    The same with Tim Howard. His mother is hungarian and his father is american.

7. WCoastSoccer

WCoastSoccer New Member

Sep 16, 2005
    I was very happy to see Fox Soccer Channel carrying the Hungary-Norway qualifier...then I watched the game. Does anyone know if the qualifier against Bosnia will be on TV here in the US? I must say that Zoltan Gera is an awesome player, though, and kept pushing until the end. Does anyone know where Zoltan Kiss plays club, and what his story is (caps, international performance, etc.)? I thought he was solid as a sub, although there wasn't much to play for by the time he entered.

8. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    hurray, San marino will be on FSC this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I predict San MArino 0-7 Germany!
    The Hungary match will only be shown to those here in the states who have Duna Tv. U gotta love it they want $14.95 US a month i think for 1 channel.

9. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    haha, seriously who cares about Howard? :D

10. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Seriously who cares about SIr ALex Ferguson! Before he moved to England no1 here in the states ever looked at him as some1 who would represent America, but wonderful Sir Alex Ferguson did until that huge mistake that cost United the chance to go to the Finals.
    Anyway my friend i know u don't care.
    So, what is the chance of Hungary winning today?
    MORE IMPORTANLY SLOVAIKA IS GONNA LOSE TONIGHT. TELL THAT TO MR. SLOTA. THE ONLY GOAL WILL BE SCORED MIGHT BE BY NEMETH SZILARD!
    HOL VAGY PETI???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. balatonsurfer

balatonsurfer BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    I predict Hungary 3:1, with Huszti scoring a penalty, and Gera and Dardai each putting one away.

12. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    that would have been an amazing 'prediction' if it was 1 :D

13. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Ye they don't like Hungarians in Szlovakia... but we can play on their national team. even I was discriminated against in Szlovakia.. i had my magyar sapka on and me and my family were in the Hungarian part of Szlovakia and went into some store to buy some beer (cuz its cheaper in Szlovakia :D) and I saw some soccer balls so I started playing with 1 and some stupid old guy said somin in szlovakian I didn't understand but i told him 2 shaddup and just continued :D he only said it cuz i was Hungarian.. asshole.

14. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    wow what a wicked match! I am so proud :) I knew we could win! I know some Hungarians who were countin us out b4 da game even started... if our players used the same 'logic' (was that the word you used?) than our 'fans' do than we would lose every game.

15. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Hmmm, with little experience actually being able to see the Hungarian national team play, I hesitate to comment....

But this is either the best terrible team or the worst great team, I have ever seen. Hungary looked like they would rip Norway apart, then ridiculous -- absolutely RIDICULOUS, U12 type mistakes -- cost them the game.

I seriously have to question if certain players are being bribed.

Obviously, since the second game wasn't shown in the states, I don't know how the team looked. But what I saw in the Norway game, made me extremely interested in this team.

16. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    Pretty interesting comments. Nothing to add, but I will ponder the bold text for several more days.:D

17. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    szia balcsi szörfös, back from your vietnam/thaiföld trip? how was it?

me being in budapest right now at anikó's place, I was with the huszti's before, I am shooting a gypsy music documentary atm, üdv to the ázsiai magyarok :)

hajrá magyarok!

18. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    I have no clue what you just said there... our players are being bribed? by who? by Norway?! I seriously have to question if you are mentally stable. If you would like to catch the Bosnia match, go to www.dunatv.hu and you can watch it completely there. ooh, and take some advice from the King about the Norway match:
    http://www.nemzetisport.hu/Stream_player_index.php?stream_id=591

19. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown

Well, he's actually complimenting Hungarian football. He's saying we play such good soccer, that it seems impossible that when you can play such great soccer, you can make the most fundamental of mistakes.

You need to grow up and take a few English comprehension courses as well.

20. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    kurva jo! you should shoot a doc about the Magyar cigany valogattot, and have every Hungarian nationalist hate your guts! :D

vietnam & _cambodia were tok jo. Angkor Wat a legjobb!

21. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    the válogatott, yeah, but actually it is only about zene, and the nationallist I don't care, most of them have no clue about Magyarország anyway, why take them seriously in the first place? with their sumerian nonsense, my segg :D

22. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Yes, I don't actually believe anyone was being bribed. The team I saw play against Norway should have beaten Norway handily. I think that bodes well for the future. The mistakes made the game a farce.

It has to be extremely frustrating to watch a team play that well and lose that badly. And also, to think that Hungary could now have 6 points and be leading the group.

There have been plenty of "false dawns" in Hungarian soccer over the past 20 years, so it would be foolish to think this is the team that is "going to do it." But, perhaps the Hungarians are getting closer, with more players playing in England, Germany and through out Europe.

Thanks for the link to the other game, I will watch asap.

23. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    i've yet to see Hungary play 'such good football, that it seems impossible that you can play such great football, you can make the most fundamental of mistakes' in my life. Obviously we need improvement after that game. and I hope you aren't making fun of my english since HUNGARIAN is my first language, hallod? jo, akkor fogd be.

24. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    our best team will come up in about 5 years, hopefully in time for the 2010 WC. Our youth players are very promising and are already playing in foriegn lands. and it doesn't really matter by how many goals we lost by - the fact is that we lost. I am glad we got all of those mistakes out of our system (hopefully) in the first match and get smoked, than making a mistake that costs us the game in 2 or more matches. Plus it was the first match... there is still a lot of time to catch up! this group is very close.. and anyways I don't think Norway will beat Bosnia at home or away.. something we did (beat them away). and I also think we will beat Norway away. I'm not sure if we can qualify.. but I still have hope and I do really think we have a serious chance, even though it is very early. The Turkey game will be critical.

25. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    Listen faszfej, who cares "what you see"--it was this posters' opinion you misunderstood-you began name-calling the poster when you misunderstood his point.

You are being an utter paraszt, saying "hope you aren't making fun of my english since HUNGARIAN is my first language." No one is making fun of your English--but you are a paraszt. You namecalled someone over his personal opinion, which YOU did not understand.

Now, parasztgyerek, apparently you deem it neccessary to tell me to shut up as well. What's up with you?

Sanyi, is this guy retarded? Seriously. As in the technical definition of having an IQ under 70. Do you know this intellectual tour-de-force?