Hull v Liverpool - EPL - Feb 4 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by delaynomo, Feb 3, 2017.

1. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why bother watching for the rest of the season? At this rate there won't be European football next season much less the Champions League.

2. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Absolutely ridiculous, Mane takes on 3 players, loses the ball and their lone player in our half splits the 2 defenders and beats Simon. Klopp needs to ask himself some questions IMO. When Chelsea's form dipped, Conte had a backup plan, went to 3 at the back and have thrived since. We keep repeating the same mistakes because we keep doing the same thing over and over.

verde-rubro repped this.
  3. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably kiss top 4 good bye with these performances.

4. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The lack of a plan B has plagued us since Rodgers was in charge.

B.A. repped this.
  5. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    We had 3 bloody games in Feb ffs

And couldnt score v hull

6. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    2 good save by their keeper to thwart Hendo and Sturridge

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Gifts, again, I see.

Fussballer repped this.
  8. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't buy the players in the summer and didn't buy the players in the winter that's all we need to know.

Also now that we've thrown away the season we might as well put carious back in the goal

delaynomo repped this.
  9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I wonder if klopp will moan about long balls again.

Fact is his German technique is being bested by good old English style football backed by more heart.

10. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Rep

11. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can see Everton catching us.

12. Donfather

Donfather Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    I rather finish out of top 6 than play europa tbh.....the squad clearly ain't good enough to break down hull...how on earth they gonna play in Europe and domestic

13. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Game over, a body blow to our ambitions. We will now change our focus from title challenge to making top 6 IMO.

14. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like in a month and a week klop is losing all his goodwill is well

15. Lemmyfaith

Lemmyfaith Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I just hope Klopp does not come up with another stupid excuse. Own it and go come up with a plan B.

16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    MOTM

Marco Silver

17. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Like I said we are not good at basic English football

18. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 2-0. Absolute shit. No one in Red was any better than bang average. No balls, no brains.

15 corners and no goals.

Everyone has our number. Nine in the box. We can't break it down. Can't score from set pieces. So pack it and hit us on the break.

The team is falling apart and Klopp can't find an answer

newterp repped this.
  19. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #144 newterp, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    His answer is to play emre Can in every game and not make subs until they are too late to effect a game.

I understand that he has the utmost confidence in his tactics and his players, but right now he's got to switch it up and start changing things around because it's simply not working. This is not some kind of funk that we are going to play ourselves out of without some drastic changes.

Right now we are playing like Dortmund did in his last season in the first half of the year. Even though he turned around in the second half if we dont do something immediately we are going nowhere

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  20. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well for all those people crying about the lack of Mane being the reason for the down stretch, it's not just him (or Phil). The offense is sputtering and with yet another small team getting points, for whatever reason they are the harder challenge right now.

As for the negativity and proclamations about the sky falling, no Europe, Everton catching us, blah blah sure all those things may happen but it really doesn't make sense to anyone who watched this team early on. This tough stretch is mental.

IMO the talent is there on this team now - we all saw it for the first 3+ months of the season. They didn't have too much plum pudding over Christmas and forget how to play football. It just seems like the energy and confident passing is lacking right now.

Teams go through stretches like this. It sucks, but that's life. There's no way a team with this much talent and one of the best managers in the world will continue to struggle. Klopp and company will figure it out.

21. OhYouBeauty

OhYouBeauty Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately we are watching a squad with no "plan B," and our "plan A" has been thoroughly snuffed out.

22. newterp

newterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2007
    North Potomac, MD
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope so.

Having mane today did help - but having not a single other player on form didn't. Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana are off. Origi and Sturridge too.

Matip still looks rusty. No way should Niasse score there. Awful.

And the fact that we keep having to play Lucas says a lot. (He sure does still work hard).

RevsLiverpool and liverbird repped this.
  23. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Can't win if you don't score...again!
    First time in forever that I actually turned the game off before it was over...

I thought January was over...???

24. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    We play Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana and Mane. That is 4 creative players who interchange at will. With these four creating around the box there is no one in the box.

Give Milner and Clyne the ball, the opposition simply arranges themselves in the box and clear it away since we have the shortest players with zero ability to attack the ball in the air. As mentioned big Andy and Benteke are no longer with us. It got me thinking, even with them we would fail to take advantage since the crosses are not threatening at all.

Can will start the next game.

Subsitutions at the 80th minute and we still do not change the game. Those substitutions are for the sake of it.

Finally out of two cups, and possibly out of the top 4 tomorrow. Perhaps this is our level and it pains me to say that.

25. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #150 RevsLiverpool, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Yes, I hate losing as much as the next guy but we need some context. Forget about winning the league - but top 4 is very much within our grasp.

Liverpool sit 4th in the table at the moment. L'Arse already have lost to Chelsea. Spurs are playing Boro now. Tomorrow, City play Swansea and Yanited are at Leicester. This means at worst, by the end of the weekend we will sit 5th in the table with the mancs a point behind.

In fact, Klopp has been here before, which makes me even more confident things will turn around. In his final season in the bundesliga, Dortmund finished 7th after just 2 wins in their opening 10 games. They dropped as low as 18th during the season and spent 10 weeks wallowing between 12th and 8th around this time of year. However, they went 9-3-3 in the league down the stretch, which salvaged Europe for Dortmund.

We've got 15 games left. Time to go on a similar run and secure a top 4 place, starting with beating Spurs at Anfield next week.

soccershaggy and Red Bird repped this.