Hull City

Discussion in 'League Championship' started by Darral, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Below is what I posted a few years back (03.08.2005!). Can't believe that Hull are that close, at the moment, still six games to go though, But they are still in top form. You never know

2. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Well accounted for Watford, which I thought would be one of those major stumbling blocks. 3-0 was a very impressive result.
    The manager Phil Brown says that over the next few games there could be players rested? What is the point, 5 games to go, this is what the season is all about, no mid week games this week for Tigers, QPR on weekend. Maybe just mind games from Mr Brown!
    West Bromwich have a mid-week match though, If they win they will be on same amount of points. Hopefully not a big win for them as Hull have a better goal difference.

3. cadencecollision

cadencecollision New Member

Mar 22, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hi, do you guys know if KC stadium is expandable. of course this wouldnt happen for years, but did they design with the ability to up capacity?

4. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Yes! They have allowed for the stadium to have another level on the west? stand, I believe. Once they are in the premiership!

5. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All stadiums are expandable unless there are obstructions such as other buildings nearby. Some are easier to expand than others, as it's harder to build onto a stand that's already high, but three sides of Hull's ground shouldn't be a problem. Whether the club would be willing to sacrifice a large chunk of their transfer budget to expand instead is a different matter.

6. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    I have seen an interview with Paul Duffin, chief executive (CD with one of there magazines), that the club already have provisions in place for the upgrade, and will not effect there transfer budget.
    I believe under Paul Duffins leadership that the club are very secure in there finances etc. A totally different club from ten years ago.
    There is plenty of open space around the ground, The one down side to a very nice stadium, it is surrounded by waste ground. And you are correct about the 3 sides being upgraded, that is what I believe will happen if Hull are promoted.

7. SpiffCoug

SpiffCoug Member

Nov 10, 2004
    Orem, Ut
    I've been a Hull City fan since 2003. When I was in Iraq with the US Army, I met a British Warrant Officer from Kingston Upon Hull. He converted us to the Tigers. They were third division at the time. We even got our picture in a game day program as the Hull City Fan Club - MIddle East Chapter. The Tigers got promoted that year and the next. Here I am, getting ready to go back on another deployment and the Tigers could be getting promoted to the EPL! Up the Tigers! (I think that was a phrase he used).

8. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Good luck with your deployment in Iraq! Could very well be in the premiership soon! Keep up the support of the TIGERS!

9. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well here's hoping they have a good run in the playoffs- with an Aussie, Richard Garcia on board, we'll be following it with interest down here! :)

10. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hoping you guys go up!!!

11. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hull are 2-0 up over Watford at Vicarage Road, in the 89th minute. Looking good for the Tigers.

12. SirHenry

SirHenry New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Moyock
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now look at Hull now...

One game away from the Prem!!!

Up the Tigers!!!

13. Darral

Darral New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    UP THE TIGERS! Can't believe this, My wife's uncle and son in-law went to the match at the KC. He said he has never seen the atmosphere like that before, 3 pitch invasions, the ref stopped the match right on 90 minutes! People in Hull are over the moon with this, especially after last season nearly being relegated.
    Well even if we don't go up, It has been one hell of a ride. UP THE TIGERS!!!!!!

14. SirHenry

SirHenry New Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Moyock
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look at the scoring that Hull has done in the playoffs. Take the scoring that Bristol city had done in the same time frame...

Hull - 6
    BC - 4

Hull is in form...

15. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Congrats Hull City, and welcome to the spotlight!:)

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congradulations Hull! I honestly think, no matter how well the team plays - Hull City will add something the premiership next season. The colorful fans with their Tiger suits, the KC stadium, and the city of Hull itself, being the largest conglomeration never to have had top flight football will all add something special to the premiership. See ya next season.

17. Wezza

Wezza Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well done Hull. :)

18. ross from st paul

ross from st paul New Member

Sep 13, 2001
    gold river, CA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I definitely want to add my congratulations to Hull and their fans.

Best of luck next season.

(I imagine Paul Heaton is pleased... :D )

19. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Only five years since we beat them on the last day of the season to stay in the FL, and just four seasons since they went up from Division Three. Hell of an achievement.

20. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States