Hugo Rodallega

Discussion in 'MLS: Rumors' started by USvsIRELAND, Jan 25, 2012.

1. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
  2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was coming in here to post this.

I'd put the money on it .... I think he'd be great here.

3. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Doubtful that he'd come to MLS right now but if he did he and Montero would make a great Colombian strike force.

That said, just because a player is on the outs with their current club doesn't mean they are bound for MLS any time soon. The guy is only 26 and a fixture on the Colombian national team which means there will be plenty of other places offering him far more than what any club in MLS would likely offer him and the Colombian national team has not been kind to players playing in MLS.

4. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    I know he's not bound. But if I were a club that wanted a DP that was extremely effective and not necessarily a box office draw I would be making overtures to this guy right now.

And if the money was right I think he'd consider it considering our league is half Colombian by now.

And he and _insert anyone here_ would make a great strike force!

5. RaveGreen

RaveGreen Member

Seattle Sounders FC
    Apr 6, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It's very possible an MLS club has but it's unlikely to bear any fruit any time soon.

It's not a top league. He's a top player in his prime. He's not coming. It would be a stretch to think he'd even go to Mexico.

6. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I dunno, I think you might be overlooking the "fringe" of being on the ins or outs in the EPL just a tad.

He was in Mexico in 2008 ... and while he hasn't been horrid, he hasn't exactly set the place on fire either. I mean hell, Mauro Boselli is better than Rodallega and he couldn't even get a look at Wigan. Making the overture now and putting it in his head at 26 ... just might land him here at 28 if he can't improve at that level (and this season is quickly wearing thin his opportunities).

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    guess if Kenwyne Jones could be a DP, quite possible that he could as well