Hugo Perez: Best Salvadoran-American footballer of all time

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by FenoFutbol, Mar 26, 2007.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Re: Hey Salvatruchos, how good was Hugo Perez?

Y despues te caiste de la cama o como? :D :p

Metro

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

JAJAJAJAJAJA, cerote.:D I'm foreal! Good 1 Chile.

3. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

No, se callo de la amaca.... :D

4. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

What kindof monsters are you!!!!!!!!:(

5. aguimarães

aguimarães Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense

Yeah Salvador plays tons of calle futbol, just like Costa Rica and Jamaica, which is why all three have always had CONCACAF's best dribblers. Even though the US and Mexico are better, you don't see either one dribbling a whole lot because their systems bring them up differently.

6. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Can you please not forget to say El, not just Salvador. EL Salvador.....sorry mate it annoys me.

7. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

No seas chiyon zipote.....! Que no tenes coyoles?

:p

Me too..

8. adunosirbe

adunosirbe New Member

Jul 14, 2006

Les cuento, Hugo era uno de los mejores jugadores que hemos visto en la historia. No habia alguien con la technica que el tenia. Tenia derecha pero era tan bueno con la zurda que no habia necesida de usarla. Llego a El Salvador con el FAS y gano dos campeonatos en las dos temporadas que jugo. En la selleccion no hay todavia un jugador con la tranquilidad y la inteligencia que tenia el. Era el mejor "10" que ha tenido los Estados Unidos. Yo no sabia que El Salvador no lo quiso llevar al mundial del '82. Con razon que se hizo Americano. Yo me acurdo que el tenia hast contratos de Puma y de Umbro. Solo El Magico era mejor. La zurda era inmortable. Los tiros Libres eran cosa de Magia. ojala que los Americanos se despierten y lo contraten ha ayudarles porque sino vamos a ver el mismo futbol aburrido.

9. Maradona07

Maradona07 New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Cuantas veses tocaba maradona la pelota con la derecha? para mi el usaba mas la izquierda que la derecha. y Hugo igual

10. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

cuzcatleco, i need to ask you something, idk if is a good idea.

can we keep magico gonzalez, barraza, and perez post sticky? these post are tributes to some of our best representatives ever! therefore, these threads should not die.

also if you could change the subject of this one to "Hugo Perez, best Salvi-American player ever." bc i think Hugo was the best Salvadoran American player of all time, and correct me if am wrong. Im sure Alvarez is going to be the second best Salvi American ever :cool:

11. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Cheak your PM's.

Done ;)

Well there aren't that many to begin with. Unless i'm mistaken Menjivar was the first US born player to play for us, Alvarez is now the second. As for Perez well personally i don't consider him as one of our own. Yes he was born in El Salvador, but he played for the US, so in my eyes he's an American. Don't get me wrong he'll always be Salvadoran, but i just don't consider him as being one of "our" players.

It'd be like Brazil claiming Deco or Santos as one of theirs. It just doesn't seem right. Atleast to me that is.

12. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    please next time you bring a link. post some of the highlights so we dont just open it up.

at least we would have an idea of what kind of article we are reading.

13. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    idk if somebody posted this one already but is always good to bring the memories back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5Dyz4sLXOQ"]YouTube - San Diego Sockers 1988 Hugo Perez goal[/ame]

14. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You are so F'ing lazy :)

15. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    He does have a point though. When you post a link it's best that you highlight what it's about so that people know what they are opening.

16. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I didn't know how to do that when I posted it, sir. :eek:

17. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    That's cool, just don't let it happen again :mad::rolleyes::D

18. imonfire

imonfire Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Just in case it has not been seen on this forum

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoRJZX8rcII"]Hugo Perez tribute Video[/ame]

19. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    thanks man, love the video.

which there were more videos!

20. Crazy_Yank

Crazy_Yank Member

Jan 8, 2001
    Matamoros, Mexico
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am old enough to have seen Perez play many times. Perez in his prime would walk into the US first 11 today and would have been playing for a top European side.

21. AguiluchoMerengue

Oct 4, 2008
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    ha i think i saw him once with cd fas, in fact i think he scored againts us, cd aguila. it was a free kick and he scored upper ninety, that was his style.

i remember being young sitting in the stands of the stadium when that happened.

i hate it that guy on that moment :D

i wonder if any of you know who waldir guerra is/was, he was pretty fun to watch too.

another salvadoran that was brought to the states really young, but he was an artist with the ball.

22. senorhenriquez

Aug 5, 2009
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree to an extent. but i believe Arturito is giving him a run for his money.

23. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Hugo, you make me sick to my stomach every time I see you. :( Not because I dislike you but because I wish ES didn't turn you down! EFFFFFFFFFFF!

24. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    With Hugo Perez as our new assistant coach, it's a good opportunity to bump this thread again.

Reading about Hugo's story as a player is bittersweet. Sweet in the fact that he's a USMNT legend, and bitter in the fact that he suffered from setbacks in his career that prevented him from being an even better player. He was injured prior to the 1990 World Cup and thus did not make the cut for USA. Come the 1994 World Cup, he was old then. It's really interesting to learn that he initially wanted to represent La Selecta, but when FESFUT turned him down, he then switched over to the USMNT. It's also interesting to know that when he played at his last club FAS, he was fulfilling a dream to play for his father and grandfather's old club.

Hope he can enjoy success with La Selecta.