Huevos Rancheros - We're nuts about FIFA 10

Discussion in 'Games' started by don chulo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Welcome to the home of Huevos Rancheros, a new FIFA 10 Club a few forum members have just put together.

We had a our first games last night and came away with decent P6 W2 D2 L2 record. Not a bad start particularly since, with a little more luck, we could have easily won the 2 games we lost. The final game was a particularly enjoyable 5-0 thrashing of a team we just drew with.

At the moment we have 6 members and fine bunch they all are. Vega and our newest signing Td99 have been particularly good at leading the front line. Honorable mentions to thingswecarry and ncthfan for their stellar team play. I like that we can keep it light-hearted and fun while still remaining pretty competitive.

If anyone's interested in joining our team (PS3 only I'm afraid) then let me know. I don't care if you're not a superstar, as long as you're fun to play with and available around 10pm (CST) then you're welcome to join us. Currently we're looking for a LM, CM and Defenders.

2. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Already we're a much better club than last year. I like to echo Don Chulo's (aka Don Flaco) suggestion to work on improving your Virtual Player whenever you're not playing with us. Td99 played so well because his VP already has a high rating. If players can use their bluetooth headsets to communicate during the matches, it would help our play. I've yet to get mine since my last one got thrown in the washing machine.

3. Td99

Td99 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks for compliment, you guys. I've already played for a couple clubs and they were all unactive for a lot of the time so its a relief 2 have a regular time to play. Hopefully, Once we get used to playing with each other we'll become more consistent and become a club to be reckoned with.

4. overlookedx

overlookedx Member

Mar 4, 2008
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess I missed the club sesh tonight? :( I was too busy watching Thursday night TV - MLS playoffs, The Office, 30 Rock, etc. Too much to watch!

Anyway, how'd we do? Doesn't look too bad, looks like the last game was a win. Hope I didn't miss out on another 5-0 win! Been fun playing with you guys, this year's pro clubs are much more enjoyable than last years, though I gotta improve my guy (even though I hate playing the Be a Pro seasons). Aiming to get to Td99's level, sending in rockets from 30+ yards out (crazy!).

Hopefully we can get in some games tomorrow night. 9pm PST, right?

5. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    We only played 2 games. Won one, lost one. There was only three of so it was pretty hard work. We have a new signing called Cellonation so our squad is up to 7 now I think. Hopefully we can put together a good team this weekend.

6. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wow that's good. I signed on around 10 (PST) but I didn't notice on don's post that he said (CST). I'll will definitely be on tonight and hopefully I'll have my bluetooth headset by then.

7. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Yeah, 10 PST is pretty late for me on a weeknight since I'm in Texas and have to go to work in the morning. Weekends are another matter though.

8. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    We have a new addition with superromanian25 joining the team. That takes us up to 8 players now which means we should be able to field a team every night. Positions are not totally settled but this is what i think we have so far:

LF - Td99
    RF - Vega

RM - thingswecarry
    CM - donflaco
    CM - cellonation
    CM - superromanian25
    (obviously we'll need to shift around a bit since we only field 2 CMs in our formation.

I'm not sure which spots ntscfan and DSK90210 but we'll find a role for them in the team.

Again, anyone wanting to join the Huevos Rancheros Revolution is welcome.

9. Ron86

Ron86 Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So everyone has on player on the field? How do you guys keep order? that's crazy.

10. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Haha yeah, by all rights it should be utter chaos but we mostly have enough positional sense to know where we should be on the field at any time. There's also a helpful indicator which points roughly to where you should be stationed which, if I'm not mistaken, has a bearing on your player rating at the end of the game.

11. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The only thing I don't like about the positional indicator is that it chains you to an area if you don't want to harm your player rating. As a forward sometimes I want to track back a bit more into the midfield to either help out with pressuring the other team or make myself available if I see that the team is having trouble clearing the ball. I generally still do it anyways and just take the hit on my rating since I prefer we win than I get a good rating but I think it's should be more of a guide than a requirement.

That's great that we're getting more members and it doesn't hurt to have more than one player in for a position since it is more likely that we wont have everyone online at the same time. But if we did, that would be a good problem to have. Maybe a rotation system would help if we did have too many players for one position.

12. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Agreed. I got a terrible rating one match partly because i was expected to be in the opposition box when we attacked and in our own box when we didn't have the ball. My player simply doesn't have the speed or stamina to keep up with that.

Anyway, we're on a good run of results now. We've now won 4 in a row without conceding. superromanian25 has been good in midfield. We're just looking for a couple of good wingers and then I think we'll be pretty formidable.

I think we'll be on at about 9 cst tonight. See you there.

13. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any room for another?

14. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Of course. What's your PSN?

15. superromanian25

superromanian25 New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey, I've really been enjoying being part of the club. One formation that we can use to fix the 3 CM problem is a 4-1-3-2. So it would look like this :

RB----CB----CB----LB
    ---------CDM--------
    RAM-----CAM-----LAM
    -----RS--------LS

16. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Interesting. I'm always welcome to new tactical ideas. Do you want to create a tactic around this and we'll try it out next time.

17. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bcasher

Thanks!

18. Td99

Td99 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I really like the idea but i'd like someone to play CDM to really break up the play for the opposition.

19. superromanian25

Nov 9, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, that's also true. But we can get that position filled until a CDM joins. But until then we can just keep the formation we have right now.

20. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually prefer CDM playing online - my "pro" isn't a CDM, but I like that role.

21. Td99

Td99 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ^
    A large part of playing CDM is about positioning so if you can compensate for your VP's lack of speed by anticipating the attack and positioning yourself to stop it then there shouldn't be a problem.

22. superromanian25

Nov 9, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If we get a very good sturdy CDM that doesn't try to push up always and score, the formation i showed can be extremly deadly.

23. superromanian25

Nov 9, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah, I'll create the formation. But we'll have to try it on friday since that's the next time I can realistically come online. But do you know how to take my formation from my player hub?

24. don chulo

don chulo New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    I tried adding you but it says your name is not registered. Could you confirm that's your Playstation 3 name?

25. Td99

Td99 New Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Played some crazy club games with Superromanian25 and MEisChang.
    WE BEAT #2 and #7 in the North America region.
    Score line
    3-1 Una Familia
    6-3 Heady Buds FC (it was 3-3 at halftime)