Hucles, the next big star

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by ttrevett, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry this is so delayed from the US-Canada game, but did anyone else think that Hucles was as good as she looked in the brief moments she came on to the field in the second half. She had great ball control and looked very adept at the attacking mid role. She looked a bit like Wagner looked when we were thinking she was "the next big thing" a few years back. She seemed to possess the edge that I used to think Mathis had in the run-up to WC02, just something that made her dangerous when she was on the ball.

I hope she gets some quality time in Athens, but given the current coach's tendencies, it's likely we'll just see some rare cameo appearences.

If it were me, I'd start her in the next friendly and see how she controls the attack with Foudy in support, Lilly and Tarpley on the wings, with Mia and Abby partnering in the attack.

Alright all you Wagner fans, let me have it!

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would tend to agree that Hucles looked MUCH better out there than Wagner.

(talk about damning with faint praise) :D

3. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Considering She was April's star in College, that line is funny.

Hucles has no buisness being on the roster other than to get the coach water. Wagner has done more internationally and that is a stretch. I am not a Wagner fan, but Hucles has been worthless, after she gets introduced she turns into the invisible women.

Glad she made the WWC roster, but we all know how that turned out.

Aprils dedication to Hucles has been laughable and keeping a quality player off the roster (Chalupny, Mac, TR.....)

4. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

to be honest w/ you, i haven't seen her enough, she always comes in a few minutes before the game over, she is probably a good player who knows....

5. xkimo_fire

xkimo_fire New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Iowa
    If April knew what she was doing... She'd leave Foudy at home

6. Chargefan

Chargefan New Member

Oct 9, 2003
    KOP
    Someone always brings up Foudy, YES - she is responcible for everything, now go away

7. Fraser

Fraser New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Oz
    Chargefan, Where have you been? your my hero! Hucles has been an okay player in the WUSA but internationally is unproven. There are other more proven players that should be on the roster beside Hucles.

8. defensewins

defensewins Member

Nov 15, 1999
    "On the other hand, no matter how little contribution Angela Hucles made to the team in the pre-Olympic matches, she seems to be Heinrichs baby and so overwhelmingly likely to have been nominated."

http://www.cybersoccernews.com/uswomen/040708olympic_rosterMR.shtml