News: Howard Webb REF

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by gedkeeley, May 2, 2009.

1. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Howard Webb probably made the biggest mistake of the season last week, by giving Man Utd a penalty at old trafford (for a change) whick kickstarted Utd's comeback. He was then told he would not be refereeing in the Premier League this weekend by the FA as way of a punishment, he will be doing a game in the Championship instead, So what game do the FA give him, only the biggest game in the Championship all season Birmingham V's Reading, who ever wins this game will be prmoted. What an absolute joke the FA are.[​IMG]

Ged Keeley
    http://www.teamlineups.co.uk

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Would you like a tissue? A Liverpool fan is the last person who has the right to whine about decisions this season.

3. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This.

I don't seem to recall there being such a tremendous uproar when Squidward Riley didn't give us a pen at Wembley, in fact I don't remember being this tremendous uproar when Mascherano dived to win you a free kick at Hull or when your second wasn't disallowed after Lucas' handball. Football's like that, grow up.

4. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Grow Up says a fan whose team has more decisions from referee's than any other team, Morten Gamst Pederson dragged down in the box, Rooney and Ronaldo kicking out in the same game was that at Old Trsfford, YES. Just like rooney kicking out on sat against boro oh, and Vidic and Berbatov handball. They say over a season these decision's even themselves out but not for UTD This season referee's have won you everything and thats only this season, I will give you credit for all the season's before that you have been the best team in Europe, but not this one sorry

5. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    steven gerrards a diving cheat

6. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    HAHA
    The whole subject is about referee's you saying Gerrard is a diver, is a total diversion, whats wrong cant think of something to comeback with.World, European and Premier League Club Champions would have shut me up. I think you have forgotten one diving player Ronaldo.

7. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i havent,but for a liverpool fan to talk about other teams like their side have no cheaters in is ridiculous

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    How many red cards, dives for free kicks/penalties and offside goals have Liverpool benefited from this season?

9. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pedersons pathetic penalty appeal at Old Trafford was widely derided by all and sundry on just about every programme I watched that night.

While there was "contact" between him and Rafael contact does not mean it was a foul. He felt a brush on his shoulder and fell to the floor like a girl looking for a penalty. People use it as an example of penalties not being given at OT but the truth of it is that it was a dive and he should have been booked.

Given that not a month ago he sealed his reputation as a diver ([ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-_AKlrfZVQ"]YouTube - What a dive[/ame]), using Pederson as an example of a foul not being given is ridiculous. Do not try and convince us that that little turd deserved anything but a slap around the face at OT. And stop trying to convince your self that these decisions have undermined Liverpools title bid.

Listen SON, Liverpools inability to get results this season has nothing to do with referee's favouring United.

If you want a helping hand in working out where yout title challenge fell apart you'd better start looking at your home form over Christmas. Home draws against Hull, Stoke, Fulham and West Ham are just the start. Then there's your inexplicable loss away to a 'Boro side that are so poor and weak that if they were an animal they'd have been put down months ago.

While United were in Japan playing in the Club World Cup, you lot were at home dropping dropping points to promoted sides. United came home, got some form together and made you look like mugs. If you want the title, then you need to win consistantly, regardless of what other sides are doing. Had you done that this season, you might have been in a better position. As it is, you tripped yourselves up.

10. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    We have no were near as Man Utd FACT

11. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Answer me one question then. Is football a contact or non-contact sport? and also what about Rooney and Ronaldo kicking out in the same game?

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Thanks for highlighting that you are a blinkered fan with no grasp of reality.

13. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    What a pitiful response. Feel free to answer the question I set you earlier. Not doing so merely highlights your ignorance to the reality of the situation. It is particularly tragic that, as a newbie, over half of your posts are in this thead and you only have a single post on the Liverpool board.

15. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Wrong.

Liverpool have seen 8 players sent off on 9 different occasions in the league this season - by far the most of any EPL side. Those players are:

Vidic twice, Barton of Newcastle, Folan of Hull, Friedel of Villa, Lampard of Chelsea, Adebayor of Arsenal, Valencia of Wigan and Zabaleta of Man City.

Manchester United have had two players sent off against them in the league.

Wilkinson of Stoke and Robinson of West Brom.

If any side has benefitted from the referees' this season, then Liverpool have a strong case. Almost a 3rd of your league games have ended up being played against 10 men. These are facts dude, not your ridiculous ramblings about one refereeing decision in a game that we won comfortably won 5-2. :rolleyes:

Interestingly, you failed to acknowledge my point about Liverpools dropped poonts at home as reason for you being where you are. As a point of interest - had you won those home games and not spunked them away, you'd have 8 extra points. Maybe even 11 had you betaten Boro away, like we did.

Liverpool - always blaming someone else...............

16. gedkeeley

gedkeeley New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The only sending off that wasn't a sending is Brad Friedal, as for Joey Barton is was a disgrace, i am ashamed to say he is a scouser, but he is a really bitter evertonian,i cant think of the others i will check them. The games at home were we dropped points Steven Gerrard's free kick ruled out for nothing.

17. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's neither here nor there, dude.

Your assertion that United have benefitted from refereeing decisions more than most is, at best, crude and under-researched. It simply seeks to carry on this ridiculous stereotype that Man Utd and referee's have some kind of mythical pact between them so that we get gifted titles, rather than "merely" being the best side in the country.

In one sentance you say that Friedel was the only one that didn't deserve to walk and in the very next you confess that you "can't think of the others". If you cannot think of them, how can you say that Freidels was the only mistake? :rolleyes:

Thank you. Finally some sort of admission of responsibility that Liverpool have been responsible for their own fate this year and not the victims of some terrible conspiracy between the footballing authorities and those nasty-pasties from Manchester.

Liverpool have dropped 16 points at home this season. United have dropped 5. That is where the title has been decided, if you ask me.

18. JayBoy

JayBoy Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Lewisham, S. London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  19. TheFlint

TheFlint New Member

May 6, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Is this thread about Howard Webb referee, or is it about which team gets favourable calls? I ask because the title suggests the former while the discussion suggests the latter!!!

Now, Howard Webb is an average referee. Anyone who watched him referee Barcelona vs Bayern this season can tell you that he is capable of making terrible decisions.

As for the penalty against Spurs, come on. It was a split second decision which he got wrong. But that's not the reason Spurs were thrashed. They were going to fall apart sooner or later anyway.

The media and fans of other clubs love it when United get a favourable call they don't deserve, so that they can start their favourite pass-time, which is to hit on United. Clubs up and down the country get screwed by refereeingd decisions week in week out. United themselves have been victims of it on many occasions. Yet you never hear much about it after a day or two. But when it's United the uproar goes on and on until the referee has to come and make a statement!!!!

Spurs have been screwed at Ewood Park so many times but no one remembers it.

20. GranCanMan

GranCanMan Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A level headed person would come to that conclusion, yes.

But some people would much rather look for a conspiracy than a reasonable, and logical conclusion.

21. Spursfan.info

Spursfan.info New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Sadly Webb made a cock up.

Nothing we can do about it now.

Drogba is the worst diver...Ronaldo is much better at it.:mad:

22. goalie23

goalie23 New Member

May 8, 2009
  23. Spursfan.info

Spursfan.info New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Likes to be centre of attention...wants a job on sky when he retires like Graham Poll

24. chrizzah

chrizzah Member

Aug 8, 2000
    DC
    I'm not sure what the controversy is. The Egyptian guy intentionally blocked it with his arm. It didn't even look like one of those things where a home fan can distort things to believe it wasn't a foul.

25. Spursfan.info

Spursfan.info New Member

May 12, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It is all about Man u and the Pool because they seem to get all the decisions for whatever reason