How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    What? His 'Boezil the Clown' photo wasn't good enough for you? :D

2. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe if the film was inserted in the camera better, the balance would have been right and the shot would have been captured.

3. ADiSKOTEC

ADiSKOTEC Ketchup Factory

Dec 3, 2010
    Burbank, CA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I found this gem...

[​IMG]

4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    ^Froonck, my first love :eek:

Right Madrid_1902? :D

5. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I think the rock, paper, scissors incident rekindled your love for him. Reminded you that he is so much more than a pretty face.

6. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    holy shit, look at his teeth? one is having sex on top of the other.

7. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol!

My ribery's ache :D

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A master in wasting crucial chances. Should get his "complicated game" out of Madrid and join some club that doesn't mind losing. Fatass.

9. MadridOzil

MadridOzil Member+

Jun 6, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think the chances he missed cost us at the end, hopefully it won't cost us the title but I have my doubts.. he needs to put in an extra shift in the next few games and put away chances.

It wasn't just him though Ronaldo had chances too.

10. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what it is about Benzema and Higuain.

Higuain - huge misses in crucial Champions League games
    Benzema - huge misses in crucial La Liga games

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is the second game in a few weeks that Benzema has the 3 points on his foot right in front of the goal and f***s up.

This guy is gift wrapping Barcelona the title with his feet. I'd jeer him during the next home game. What a loser.

12. anticule

anticule Member+

Feb 17, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You must be trolling like a cnut. That's how you treat our players? Give them the boot? You're just fishing for a reply. Guess what, you got mine.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is not the first game where Benzema could have touched the goal line faster with his tongue than with a shot. Anybody remember the game against Depor? Seriously, this is like the matrix, this guy is doing it all the time.

I find it hard to not be frustrated with a player who time and time again gives away points.

14. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    He's in a rough patch. When he, Ronnie, Angel, and Ozil are all in form together we are very hard to shut down. Be patient. If he keeps up like this for the rest of the season, then maybe these types of comments are warranted. But it's a bit early to toss him to the wolves.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why, because he'll be pichichi of the pre season again, like last summer?

16. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Benzema has cost us alot of points in the league so far this season

Should stick to playing Benz in cup games and Higgy in league games

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He posed with a catalan flag before he signed for us, so we can't be sure. We should get somebody to go through his rap lyrics for hints.

18. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol

19. Lurtz

Lurtz Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Couldn't agree more.

20. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    Because he is very capable of scoring big goals, and will do so before the end of the season. I will make sure to point it out to you when he does.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's had the chance to give us at least four points this season, and he failed.
    You're free to notify me how awesome he is when he scores the next fantastic goal, which he will without a doubt do, but i don't trust him. From those 6 points we dropped, he had four of them on his foot and missed them from exactly the same position.

We should probably adapt our game to it. It's clear he can't score those. Every one of the huge chances he's blown is from that same position in front of the goal. Look up how he missed against Depor, which is his trademark miss. It's the same thing all the time. Maybe he should work on those, because it's getting mighty frustrating, and the patience is running out, especially if we sign a high profile striker any time soon.

It's not like he's a child either. He's a year younger than Wayne Rooney and a year older than Kun Aguero. Both are within the elite of the worlds strikers. A year younger than Mario Gomez. All top strikers are at his age group, so i can't accept the age argument. He should be doing better right there.

22. madridismo

madridismo Member+

Feb 28, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I bet he's rueing now that shocking miss against Malaga where he missed from 5 yards out. You'd think that when he has the same chance 2 weeks later, and is given the chance to make amends, he'd put it in the net :mad:

If I were his trainer, I would stand him outside goal and not let him leave until he has put it in 500 times from that spot. So never.

23. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    You're obviously a Benzema hater, yes he missed chances yesterday, but it's football it happens.

The whole team was shit yesterday (including Higuain who you think should have stayed on). Benzema was our best attacker last night, he set up Ronaldo for a guilt edged chance which he missed in the first half (just as bad as Benzema's miss) and then put Ronaldo through in the second half (which should have got a Valencia player sent off) he missed one really good chance (with a bit of credit goes to the keeper as it was a fantastic save) but at least he was getting, creating chances. The whole team was shit, and it's very simplistic to blame one player for dropping points. Di Maria, Ronaldo, Oezil, Marcelo everyone is to blame for the draw (including an incompetent referee).

Benzema continues to start despite you thinking he shouldn't be playing for this team, obviously Mourinho sees something in him that he starts him in the majority of games. According to you Mou is the best manager in the world, so there you go.

You're just as bad as the others who continue to blame defeats and draws on Ronaldo etc. Yet when it comes to a player that you have dislike for, for whatever reason (maybe it because he likes rap music, has a bald head or because your dad doesn't like him) it's OK to go overboard with the criticisms of that player and demand he gets dropped/sold. Hypocrite.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're obviously a blind fanboy then.

Amidoinitright?

He misses the same chance in front of the goal. Over and over. That's constructive criticism. He has to work on getting those ugly goals. At the end of the day, it's costing us points, and he's getting paid like a superstar and people act like he's 17 years old still improving. Even Huntelaar has surpassed him, fancy footwork aside.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    IMO Karim is more a Cup/Europa player than a league one. There is a certain mental inconsistency to him, even Lyon knew that. In France it wasn't so noticeable because Lyon was dominating Ligue 1, and they could afford to miss chances left and right.

In Champs League games, though, I wouldn't change Karim for anyone else.