How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

2. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great to see. Being an involved father seems to have grounded him as a person compared to a younger Benzema.

Stiliyan and Anon. repped this.
  3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did he do a Ronaldo? I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a wife or gf.

4. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #10004 Varnagel, May 16, 2019
    Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Apart from few traffic problems, Benz has always been professional on/off the court.

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it's a "she's my GF, not my wife" type of situation.

6. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just never heard of or seen a significant other, yet, voi la - 2 kids. None of my business, but almost all the players I'm aware of their personal/family life like with Isco and Courtois.

7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You mean in/out of court?

temesgen repped this.
  8. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    *on/off the pitch

Don't know why I was using basketball terminology when I wrote my previous message for some reason at the time lol.

9. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Because you were subconciously thinking of all the time he's spent in court.

Eddie repped this.
  10. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Lol, no.

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody care to explain this

[​IMG]

12. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Was there to explain? he drippin

MerlinRM, rrrrrafik, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man this season has really cemented Benzema’s place in my heart. He’ll go down as one of my all time favourite players.

14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

By this I assume you mean he dressed in clothes made out of bed sheets.

Nobody will remember this season apart from maybe Vinicius debut, or for it being the first post Ronaldo.

Nobody will remember that Benzme didn't win the Pichichi.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, i’ve tried to forget most of it already

temesgen repped this.
  16. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yes. Not everyone has to be Cristiano to be a legend. What Benzema did this season will stay with me. We didn’t win anything but he stood up when everyone else was shrinking. That means a lot.

MerlinRM, S1na, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congratulations Karim!! The finalists included Pogba Lloris Kante Griezmann and Benzema

MerlinRM, Stiliyan, Anon. and 5 others repped this.
  18. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema was interviewed by Spanish Magazine GQ during this month.

He was photographed with multiple attire, not just the one you posted.

https://imgur.com/a/cubsL0v

Eh, it'll definitely be remembered as probably the Benzema's best individual season in his career. Going from 13 goals to 30 goals is something not many people really saw it coming. Most genuinely thought the Frenchman couldn't become 1st option and Benzema proved his critics wrong. Real Madrid wouldn't have secured a CL-qualification if it wasn't for Benzema.

It's comparable with Rooney who himself had his best individual campaign back in 2009/10 season after becoming the 1st option for Manchester United when Cristiano Ronaldo left the club. Rooney won 0 major title and didn't become Premier League's top scorer. Yet, people still remember Rooney's season.

Well-deserved. Benzema is 2nd best French player behind Mbappe IMHO.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  19. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #10019 Varnagel, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019

[​IMG]

There's a lot of truth about Benzema's lack of goals against 'top teams during 2018-19 season & it's been used as an argument by Benzema's critics. However, almost everyone in that list hasn't been exactly prolific whenever they're playing against top teams. And if we're being honest, Real Madrid haven't been exactly great in general against top 7 (only 6 victories with a goal difference of 16-14 in 12 games).

On the flipside, Benzema has been great and undoubtedly been absolutely essential for Real Madrid in LaLiga considering his game-winners & how many goals Benzema has scored whenever RM needed an opener or equalize. Never mind on how many points the Frenchman have won for the club. Just only shows that Real Madrid could've been in Europa League next season if it wasn't for Benz. He's the only RM-player with LaLiga goals in double-digits.

Benzema can't do it all on his own, unfortunately. His forward partners during 2018-19 season have been a highly inconsistent Bale who hardly even cares anymore, an 18-year-old raw Vinicius who's clearly talented but still have massive improvement, and a serviceable but very limited Lucas Vasquez.

The supporting cast around Benzema is historically bad for a club as ambitious & successful like Real Madrid. If Hazard actually joins RM next season, Benzema will finally have great help.

20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The irony of this is that Benzema was part of the duo that stunk it up while Ronaldo carried the front 3 for years here.

Shay Z, PigBenis, RMSocrates and 5 others repped this.
  22. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #10022 Varnagel, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Not really. Benzema was great as the 2nd/3rd option who acted as a foil alongside with Cristiano and a healthy Bale, although he didn't had a great LaLiga campaign last season like many other Real Madrid players.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema had a historically bad season, but it was forgotten because of his crucial goals in the CL semi and the final.

24. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Only if you watched stats. Benzema's goalscoring production declined because he was asked to play deeper and support Real Madrid's midfield & bring the play forward. His role wasn't emphasized on goals like this season. It happened the same with Dybala. He went from scoring 22 league goals as Juventus' 1st scoring option last season to suddenly 5 league goals this season. Which isn't really that strange considering Dybala's role in the team was changed.

25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What was the problem for his goalscoring drought with France?