How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The success he's had speaks a different language. We've had tons of strikers in Madrid, few have been as successful and been through so much with the club. Overall he's had an amazing career.

2. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Not doubting that at all. I will say though, if we did not have Ronaldo (besides the fact his is probably the greatest player of all time), Benzema will be receiving a lot more criticism in this forum. Regardless of his past achievements, if anyone says he's good enough to be our main striker going into next season, they simply do not know football.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Higuain outscored Ronaldo in the first season in the League, but the team wasn't clicking with them two together. Of course Ronaldo is a brilliant player, one of the best ever, but you can only win as a team, and Benzema was part of the team that was winning the trophies, arguably an important part of that.

As i said earlier, Bayern have had Lewandowski for his entire prime scoring 30+ a year, but they've won 0 CL trophies with him on the team.

Raumdeuter and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Our first CL success had a lot more to do with us playing our best players in the right positions more than anything else. Prior to that, we had Ronaldo and Benzema but did not win it. Benzema is good with Ronaldo but not good enough to lead our front line. The evidence of that is proven this season.

Barcelona have Suarez and Messi, Manchester City have Aguero and Liverpool Mane and Salah. No way we win without a world class striker in our ranks.

Despite the Solari criticism, we dominated Barcelona and the only thing missing was a goal. You saw the Juventus game against Atletico Madrid. That's what a world class striker does. Look at Dybala's goal against Tottenham last year, no way Benzema scores that. Throughout this season we have created chance after chance but are struggling in the league and got knocked out by Ajax because we don't have a good striker.

I'll say it again, anyone who think Benzema can lead the front line next season knows NOTHING about football. I have even noticed people now starting to criticise Kroos and even talk about selling him. I have been saying how useless this guy is ever since he joined the club. When we win and dominate games he gets away with his side passes and lack of goals. Same way people were singing Jorginho's praises at the start of the season, but as soon as shit started to hit the fan, people began to see how useless he is.

Benzema starts next season and we just have the same problems we are going through now. We need at least 3 goal scorers in the starting 11 come next season; a striker, winger and midfielder.

5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Bring Hazard, Jović and i am happy camper. Also, we should consider Raul de Tomas as back up considering he is producing great numbers in Rayo.

As for Mbappe. He is realistic target in 21/22 - if he does not extend. If he does, he will rot in Paris indefinitely.

Digital repped this.
  6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Benzema such a horrible player he's fourth on the CL all-time scorers list.

Some of you are just lost.

MerlinRM, Varnagel and rrrrrafik repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well personally I am worried about his consistency as our only real striker especially when it comes to league competition, we’ve won 4 CL’s in 5 years, but even with Ronaldo we’ve only been able to win 1 league title in 5 years, too many periods of not producing, not even taking shots ( missing) we’ve all watched this, it’s no myth, we need someone else to help and compete with him, he’s not magically going to get more consistent the older he gets, link up is all well and good but we’ll need goals, unless we are now as a club focusing solely on the CL and league and Copa be damned

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We defeated them like a week before Juventus did? 1-3 at their home ground no less.

9. cr771

cr771 New Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Mar 12, 2019
    now that zidane came back benzema will end is crear in real.

10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Yes. Don't know what that has to do with what I said though...

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're using Atleti as an example for Juve and Barca as an example for Benzema. It's the same with Kroos, "I always said he's nothing special" but you're talking about a player that multiple of the greatest coaches in the game have absolutely relied on. Really weird set of standards for different players and performances.

Drouchk repped this.
  12. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I was using Ronaldo as an example, not Juventus. Benzema was fit pretty much the entirety of last season. Ronaldo had a slow start, Benzema never picked up the slack and that was the prime reason we never won the league. Pure lack of goals at the beginning.

Forward to this season. Ronaldo is completely absent so it's an even bigger chance for Benzema to step up. Again, slow start to the league season and even when we dominated games we failed to score. We actually broke a record for the amount of consecutive games without a goal with Benzema being our main striker.

Now he's on 13 goals in 27 games this season. Not bad, but definitely not Real Madrid quality. There are players from Getafe and Sevilla who have more goals than him. Again, if you think he should be our main man going into next season, who have know nothing about football.

With that said, I am pretty sure it won't be long before you and others defending him on this forum are calling for his head.

ABB94 repped this.
  13. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Fantastic. We can pair him with Jović upfront. Then maybe we will pass Ajax next time.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, all we needed to do was start Isco since apparently he's the soution to our problems.

Varnagel and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raul is third on the list. Bring him back and bam, problem solved.

16. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've enjoyed Benzema more this season than I have in a long time. He has busted his ass to be available and you can see he is doing all he can. Still want a change up top but the effort and desire to succeed is there.

Shay Z, MerlinRM, Excape Goat and 4 others repped this.
  17. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed

18. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    Immobile would not be my pick but if i had to i would trade them Benzema for him. The guy only flopped at Dortmund, he barely even played at Sevilla, same as Mariano right now at Madrid. Hard to play when you dont play. But trust be Immobile would not go 2 years scoreless with France. We are talking about the top scorer in Serie A last season along with Icardi!

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Until he goes on a 5 game goalless run where we desperately need goals to win and stay relevant in the league, or to win a knockout CL game and Benz has disappeared, either missing easy chances or somewhere in midfield playing “superbly” linking up with zero presence in the box, with no Ronaldo around to make things happen, and even he wasn’t enough in the league,

i’ve seen that movie too many times already, the frustration was real, despite what the “stats” say, they only tell part of the story , that’s always my take on any stats,( including “take ons”, had to put that in there) but, with ZZ back, I’d be disappointed but not surprised if we head into next season with Benz as our “striker” once again

Chinky24 repped this.
  20. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    I was looking at CL assist stats the last couple of years and.... Ronaldo give more assists than Benzema. So much for Benz being the sidekick like one guy said lol anyway back to present day the goal gap keeps getting bigger... the season is dead already but its interesting to see how far off Benzema will end.

1 [​IMG] Lionel Messi Barcelona 29
    2 [​IMG] Luis Suárez Barcelona 18
    3 [​IMG] Wissam Ben Yedder Sevilla 16
    3 [​IMG] Cristhian Stuani Girona 16
    5 [​IMG] Jaime Mata Getafe 13
    5 [​IMG] Karim Benzema Real Madrid 13

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People won't miss a chance to slander Benzema but as soon as you say something vs Juve or Ronaldo you're a barca fan. :ROFLMAO:

22. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If Benzema took all our penalties he'd be 2nd.

SayWhatIWant repped this.
  23. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    How many goals has Immobile scored with Italy in the past 2 yrs?

24. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Drouchk and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018