How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    What's the ETA on Mariano anyway?

2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Its unknown which is worrying

3. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lol..... you driving with a splint cast or a buddy strap on your hand is NOT the same as an athlete wearing a protective strapping and cast (totally different thing) on his hand. Chances of re-injuring the same hand/finger would be minimal.

The only concern would be pain and that can be dealt with.

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    plus, you are not getting paid millions of dollars a year to drive...
    I bet you that if I'll tell you must drive and I'll pay you $10000 per week to drive with your broken finger - you'll do it in heartbeat.

5. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You're pretty much obliged to.

And it doesn't even happen just with people being paid millions. At my job its expected that you will work through minor illnesses, i'm sure its the same in a lot of your work places. Everybody does it and people in my line of work (who are assholes) actually bring out the word "soft" if someone isn't doing it.

6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Reminds me of one biatch crying Salah crying for dislocating his shoulder in the friggin final of the CL that he might never play for again...

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    It's three weeks, it's not like he's out for a year. I'm pretty sure if this was the Champions League final he'll be okay. And the chance of you aggregating your hand injury is quite high. If you were wearing a splint and I stomped on your hand, not only are you going to feel it, I'm also likley going to ensure your recovery time will be longer. You also risk permanently injuring yourself if you don't heal properly.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's his ********inf pinky finger.

Cut it off and be done with it already.

Chinky24 repped this.
  9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    The thumb is actually the most important finger for humans. It allows you to grip tools and objects.

I don't think Benzema has injured his thumb, and even if he did, I can't see that grip is a particularly important skill for a striker.

I wish we still had Jese on the squad right now. We could have told him to do a diss rap music video on how Benzema is a pussy for missing games with a broken pinky and circulate it amongst Karim's crew in Marseille to affect his street cred. Karim would be playing the next day, broken finger and all.

10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Add a minor to dance in the video ;)

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    It's just not man. Unless you're an orthopedic surgeon take my word for it.

2F5A23AC00000578-0-image-m-11_1450063510616.jpg

Which is why you give him 7-10 days then wrap his hand in a cast like JJ is wearing in the pic (even a smaller more conventional one would do the job, something like Suarez wears on his thumb and wrist to look cool) and he can play with minimal risk to his hand.

3 weeks is a long time having to play Cristo.

12. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Yall Americans don't even get maternity leave. Used to being forced to work 24/7.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can't really hold up the NFL as a medical golden standard where people play with concussions from hell. Comparing it to the NBA where athletes are treated more like actual humans and actually skip games for rest, and smaller injuries.

Deep Pal and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  14. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    SMH man. Every 3rd post you bring this shit up. Your world view is weird and problematic not to mention uneducated. You're impossible to converse with.

What does this have to do with anything?

I didn't say that because NFL players play through injuries Soccer players should be held to the same standard. I said that most of us in our professions are expected to work through injuries or health issues that don't impair our work to a great degree. Fracturing a metacarpal in your pinky finger should not keep a footballer (doesn't use hands to play) out for 4 weeks especially when his team literally has nobody else. I'm not here to say NFL standards are great because they are not.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't know why ya'll even read his posts. I usually skip his and the other lunatics.

natenate101 repped this.
  16. Açores57

Açores57 Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is this a joke? I can see maybe a keeper needing to miss some time over this but an outfield player? This is as soft as it gets.

17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weak sauce.

But what do you expect from a player who gets his feelings hurt if the clubs signs a back up for him.

Oh that's right, you get the present situation.

18. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    You sure you're quoting the right person? Not too sure I've ever expressed my world view. And calm down bro, just joking with you.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Solari said he'd like to see Benzema play on Saturday so I'm assuming it's not going to be four weeks.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Excellent. This is what I expected too.

Well done Benzema. He usually has played through injuries before so I am not surprised.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Woah there tough guy.

22. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1088848014691782656 is not a valid tweet id

23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    is that a commercial?!? or this is the new players push their ways into new teams?

24. Namejs

Namejs Member

Aug 7, 2011
    Latvia
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Anyone remember that game way back when, I think it was against Valencia, when Ronaldo (R9) suddenly turned back the clock 10 years and absolutely ripped the opposition a new hole?