How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This reminds me of the LeBron fans who followed him from Cleveland to Miami back to Cleveland lol.

Now they full steam on the bandwagon to LA

2. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #9577 Varnagel, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Benzema is still 7th highest top scorer with over 200 goals.

And his goal/minute ratio is nothing short but remarkable.

He has definitely missed chances over the years, he's no different than any other forward since none is 100% clinical in front of goal.

For instance, Edinson Cavani is one of the best-out-and-out striker in his generation but you can easily find videos on forums about his misses. Or when Luis Suárez has been wasteful in term of the unreal supply he has received from Neymar/Messi.

With enough material, any forward would look a utter shit finisher on YouTube if people only judged them based on misses throughout their careers.

Do you also scapegoating e.g. Sergio Ramos where Real Madrid have conceded goals due to comical defending and put his team into difficult situations? Just an example since you can find faults for every player (bar maybe Cristiano) on why Real Madrid have won 2 LaLigas in 10 years.

3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Anyway: Benzema had a brilliant performance against Celta today.

Him and Odriozola were RM's best players IMO.

Scored an amazing goal btw.

4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So much criticism and he’s been our best player under Solari

5. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't understand how he can be so damn good one game and so abysmal the next. That first goal was nothing short of spectacular, a true modern striker's goal.

Chinky24, Shay Z, MaxY and 2 others repped this.
  6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That second one was R9 like, how he played the ball between his legs and got it back, beauty.

Deep Pal repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    The one that hit the bar would have been goal of the season worthy.

Shay Z and Deep Pal repped this.
  8. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I know its too early but, this is what Benzema should have been years ago.

Chinky24 and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If we were living in a fair world, hisrecent performances would have gotten him a call up with French NT.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have been his fan since early 2018. He was worthly of a spot of the team because he kowtowed to Ronaldo. I do believe becaue of that he always thought of passing it to Ronaldo... he might be thinking of passing the ball than shooting it. That slight hestitation might contributed to his aweful finsihing in front of goal.

Deep Pal repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It’s fantastic to see him actually step up, own the responsibility of scoring and leading our attack. He needs to try and be that guy every game, and we could do with Bale doing the same.

12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Character.

Lets hope he steps up for a few matches more. Possibly until june 2019.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  13. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    lol

14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Credit due when credit is due... Very good game from him. I really hope he keeps it up throughout the season.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    As I said many times before I’m not giving up on Benzema, he has all the tools necessary to help us win more titles in the next couple years.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good game by Benz, as has been mentioned got to give jack his jacket when he performs well, I hope for the best as we need both him and Gareth at their best if we are to win anything , but i’ve also seen this show before, hoping for the best but it will take a whole season of consistent performances like this to convince me about Benz now, two ordinary seasons has put me in this frame of mind, well done this game though, looked good and did his main job first and foremost as our 9, score.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this world Mbappe, Lacazette, and Martial have all been in good form recently, plus they are all much younger with long futures in the NT ahead of them.

At this point if the club is hanging on to this player, given his age and history, it is better that his NT doesn't consider him an option.

18. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    he blackmailed a team mate, which would cause dishamony and fall out

19. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    No he did not. Stop perpetuating blatant falsehoods about a man's character.
    He was unwittingly/stupidly/naively accessory to a blackmail attempt on a teammate. Which is different.

Shay Z and libertao repped this.
  20. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    GTFO if you don't know what actually happened.

Shay Z repped this.
  21. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but Ronaldo is gone and it doesn't look like Benz will turn the tape over to the authorities.

Would love to see what he's got on Perez tho.

22. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    I watch Benzema since he came to Madrid and this was his best game ever IMO. Unlucky to only score 1 goal. But lets not forget who he is... he had 1 good game and many bad. He didn't score in the last 8 La Liga games until Celta...

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He got Pérez 4 CL titles in 5 years.

24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Well people say Karim is Zizou's son...………… that first goal had Zidane family DNA written all over it. What a touch and turn. Holy shit. I almost saw the shirt number change to 5 when he was turning and getting ready to shoot.

Could easily have had 2 more goals and an assist (Kroos miss). Regardless MoTM performance from The Dream. He was toying with the out there. Lyon Benzema got in his DeLorean and came to the future.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And it was legit R9 move on the second. Meh maybe he IS a mixture of Zidane and Ronaldo as Perez once said

Shay Z repped this.