How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yep just look at barcelona,Sureaz is banging in goals once again this season and then messi also . With us its ronaldo or nothing basically. Its not good enough to missing them chances every single match.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, many players were slipping, Carvajal changed boots and Nacho also requested a new pair of boots after he slipped once. Once he got his confidence up, nobody from Alaves could take the ball off his feet. He's having a horrible season, but he's not where he is by coincidence.

3. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He turned out to be an amazing transfer. Great partnership with Ronaldo and we won 3 UCL's. Hopefully he's sold in the summer.

Halycon repped this.
  4. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    obviously hasnt picked up much tips from ronaldo. Seriously thats another big game tonight hes awfull misses could of haunted us .

971151261134475269 is not a valid tweet id

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He could have scored two easily tonight. Or at least had an assist.

Zidane05 repped this.
  6. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    beside his 1v1 miss, the worse thing, that made me scream at my tv was that counter, ffs bro, you have 1 job, square it up to Ronaldo and its a goal, if you have more trust in shooting it your self, you have plenty of space to shoot with your left foot! instead, he does some weird turn around to try curling it with his right when there's a player right in front of him, ffs.

Chinky24, Shay Z, dipluso and 2 others repped this.
  7. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    BAN the next person to defend Benzema mentioning his "link-up play". Fine, we get it. He's able to hold the ball and not pass it like a retard. That's not RM level. The guy needs to regain his confidence but at what cost? Playing him every game will hurt us bad. It's hard to find a 9 these days but Benzema needs to go. Atrocious season in all aspects, well except for his link up play which is excellent and deservers the Link Up Play Balon Dor 2018 Trophy :rolleyes:

Nathanial Essex and Chinky24 repped this.
  8. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah that counter was totally ********ed by Benzema. Very awkward with his movement and shoot. Was quite painful to watch tbh

Romanero and dipluso repped this.
  9. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if we can play a 1/8 game with Kros, Modric, Bale and Isco starting on the bench, why can't we bench this embarrassment of a player?
    I don't see any logic in starting him in any game for the rest of the year.
    His value is already plumped to probably less than $10m, there is really nothing he can do in the rest of the games that can change that.

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Zidane, at his age, in his professional attire, with no warm-up would've scored at least one goal in Benzema's situation tonight. And the stepover nonsense is like, middle school era mistake.

11. Ankur Upadhyay

Feb 18, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane would have scored both those goals. He was ice cool with his finishing. I was watching a Madrid training clip some days back and Zidane was just toying with the players. He still has amazing ball control.. Only if we could have him as a player in this team.. :D

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and Chinky24 repped this.
  12. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sometimes Ronaldo has messed up his flicks too so I like to think I am fair to everyone, but when the only thing you do in a game is miss and then pull something that like... jeez it makes it 10x worse. Maybe I saw it wrong but didn’t the defender in Benz chuckle when the ball went out?

13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    B9C81030-768F-4F4A-9114-BEF5B31C2B59.jpeg

Those shin pads!!!! Ahhahaaa.

14. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    indeed, he was that good. Very elegant and effortless

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    None of this shit again.

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just wanted to make sure your around... ;)
    Have a nice weekend.

18. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    with the win yesterday and CR's amazing goal, people forget to mention how horrendous Benzema was yesterday. Literally playing with 10 men.

Nathanial Essex and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  19. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oops forgot to shit on one of our players, too busy celebrating a brilliant win and a historic goal. Thank god you remembered.

AriGold, 9Qui, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  20. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'll use any chance to shit on benzema. Been doing pretty much from his first day at Madrid.

21. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure you are doing this whole ‘supporter’ thing properly.

Shay Z repped this.
  22. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    no harm in criticizing a player regardless of how well we are doing in the CL.

Benzema was shit and if it weren't for CR, our situation could be a lot worse now. And Benzema would be a main reason. He's in bad shape, what's the problem in saying that? He needs to be benched and be sold next season. He's had so many chances to prove critics wrong. But 1 goal every 5 games is simply not enough.

Brilliant win against Juve yes. Let's celebrate yes. But let's not forget... Benzema needs to step up.

23. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You mean benzema need to step down.

24. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I guess it's easy to shit on Benz the day we lose, I'm sure you will be among the first ones here to do that.

Just 'cause Ronaldo continues to save his ass does not neglect the fact that his performances this season are shameful.

When we are winning, everyone forgets but there is clearly a weak link in this team. We have Asensio, Bale and Lucas all riding the bench 'cause of this human turd.

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    This is the main reason why Benz continues to fly under the radar in recent years ..because we win.
    I don’t know about others here but I rather have someone else who can take the scoring burden off of Cristiano. He is already 33 years old and his minutes need to be managed.
    Can you imagine if he gets injured at the end of the season?

hector_br and Digital repped this.