How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah he was. I remember I'd always sign him on my fifa career mode back in 2008 and he'd go to 87 rating after a couple seasons at 20-22 yeas old. That game against Man Utd in the CL RO16 in 2008 was really something. Shame he was quite crap in the Euros of that year tho as was the whole of France.

Chinky24 repped this.
  2. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    I think there was a world cup where he was on fire early on. Well most of our stars were.

3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ??? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: what WC? Must ve missed something he was fire in 2006 when he was 17 or what?

4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He was one of the best players in the first round of the 2014 world cup

5. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    You could research it. Or you could actually use your brain before resorting to verbal diarrhea.

Shay Z, Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  6. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nobody is even commenting how bad benzema was as it became the norm with him. What a liability he has become....

7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He isn't a liability, he's the epitome of consistency.

Shay Z and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    964067241837891586 is not a valid tweet id

9. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    90 minute game, 1.42 minutes of usefulness.

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought it was one of his better games. He was unlucky not to score that Toni Kroos' style goal.

Shay Z repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sure, for his low standards. thats how pathetic the situation have become. a game like that and "its one of his better games" while Marco play only 12 minutes.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I don't see how Kane's performance against Arsenal was so much better... besides the fact his header went in and Benzema one touch curling shot got stopped.

13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Answered your own point there mate.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Goalkeeping has nothing to do with their performances... unless you want to discuss Kane's misses in that Arsenal match. It isn't Benzema's fault PSG made a spectacular save while Arsenal did not.

If that is your own basis then your insinuating Kane has even less value because his is down to luck. Luck can change.

Also, Benzema's one touch curling shot was far more difficult and it needed a spectacular save.

Kane just climbed over a defenders back to head the ball which could have been called a foul depending on the referee.

Excape Goat repped this.
  15. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think alot of posters realize how difficult some of those plays are to pull off and that a player like Kane will probably never be good enough to do so. However, it's also a lot of fluff because in the end forwards are there to score goals and Karim for all his class and skill has never been reliably clinical in front of goal.

Hendrix22 and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well my opinion about that video is the same as always, he’s our number 1 and only real striker, and he played for about 65mins?, and had 1 shot on goal, not good enough for the position he’s supposed to be playing,

they are others in the squad who can link up play just as well, I am not comparing him to anyone, just talking about what he is supposed to be doing in our squad , score goals, he doesn’t even make the keeper work much, so, IMO, he continues to underperform, right now I am actually tired of seeing him start every game.

Doni, Ahmadi8, natenate101 and 8 others repped this.
  17. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Being a striker is the most objective position in football. If Benzema played game after game not getting involved, not linking play and not making assist but was scoring 25-40 goals a season, no one here including myself would complain. Problem is, not only does he not do this, he costs us games by missing chance after chance. People hype up Benzema's link up player but fact is, take him out and Ronaldo, Real Madrid and France still score.

I noticed a few times this season he has hit the post. Once is unlucky, twice and is unlucky and perhaps even three times. After that you are just shit. On the other hand, Harry Kane may missed a big chance against Arsenal, but in the end he scored the winning goal, has 33 goals this season and has scored against the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Dortmund and Juventus.

Since Ronaldo has been here he has hogged up the free kick spot despite being shit at taking them, thrown tantrums, been selfish with the ball and guilty of missing chances as well. However, he's still scoring 40+ goals a season, breaking records and winning games for club and country.

Essentially what I am trying to say is Benzema has no mitigating factor. He's just all-round shit.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'm not praising Benzema's performance as great, I'm stating realistic perspective when comparing both players performances in the big match.

What was so great about Harry Kane's performance against Arsenal which saw him get praised on here than Benzema's which he got shitted on?

The difference if you watch both performances is one missed many chances but scored one. The other had a great chances saved by a spectacular dive and linked up play a little.

Neither were great.

Yet one gets praised as if he playing like Ronaldo in his prime.

Excape Goat repped this.
  19. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Don't want either player as an undisputed starter but the fact Benzema didn't cost hundreds of millions of dollars makes it a bit easier to swallow.

YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  20. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I see where you are coming from but as I mentioned, Kane's mitigating factor is that he scores week in and week out and that's why he does not get shitted on. Essentially, and in the end, he gets the job done. Either way I would not purchase Kane.The striker we purchase does not have to cost a stupid-record fee as we have the midfield and fullbacks to only require someone who is simply good enough.

This summer will be interesting. The only area that needs changing is the attack but, for me at least, there is still a huge question mark around what change is needed: Benzema has a simple answer, sell him. Ronaldo, does he still have a season or more in him? Is this relatively poor season just a blip and he'll come back roaring next year? Is Bale actually going to be fit a play a game? Fully fit he may play poor but there is little questioning over his finishing.

'

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Subtractam

Subtractam Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    just putting it out there i reckon if morata was undisputed starter for madrid like benzema is right now, he'd be doing 2x better

22. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    Oh please do tell...

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He preferred to go to London to be Conte's undisputed backup for Giroud instead. Must be the biggest case of Deja Vu yet.

Deep Pal, Digital and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

:D:D

Great performance from the lad today. Hopefully his confidence continues to rise. Also, it's been wonderful to see how Ronaldo has encouraged him along.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Great game, but he also fluffed a great chance on the counter, and missed an open net that turned out to be offside anyway. He will always get shit regardless of how good a game he has if he keeps missing those chances.

Digital repped this.