How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, but thats pretty much it. So hes been a top 3 striker. Also people keep failing to grasp the psychological element to it: Ronaldo wants to be undisputed top dog, so he needs a partner who is both capable and also highly deferring to him. Its hard to find this balance, Benzema is the closest to it.

T2100 repped this.
  2. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #8627 T2100, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    It has nothing to do with his performance. The reason why he isn't in the squad is because of the tape scandal and his poor relationship with coach Deschamps. The NT made it very clear about this.

Not going to happen as long as Ronaldo is a starter. Lewi or Aguero is not the type of player who is williing to play selflessly or feed Ronaldo goals. There is a reason why Benzema is still in the club, and the reason why Madrid dumped Morata.

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    If you don't agree with someone, post your POV.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm I watched the game late, the first memorable thing I can remember happening is Benz fluffing a one on one chance with the keeper, I can’t remember if Casilla rolled the ball to Benz whilst he was in “our” penalty area and then he ran maze like through the entire opposition team before.......... fluffing the one on one with the keeper, i’m pretty sure he didn’t but seeing as he got “no service” according to you, maybe he did, i’ll have to rewatch the incident ,

i’ve seen Benz fluff chance after chance last season and this one so far, but you think it’s because, he get’s no service, for two seasons straight now, what about that long barren streak for France, no service there either?, man, his teammates must really not like him, or...or, he just isn’t playing that well, that he still starts no matter what is mind boggling to me, ( well not this season as there isn’t much of an alternative unless we set up differently) and it’s not just about this season,

as for Ronaldo, he’s been abysmal this season so far, no two ways about it, but for about 5 seasons straight he has scored more than 30 goals, chalk and cheese, he gets patience, fairly simple really, that’s it from me in reply to these posts, as i’m pretty sure someone is joking

As for the Ronaldo can’t play without Benz thing again I say, far far too much credit for Ronald’s succeses being given to Benz, that is just a way to justify a nonperformer in the team IMO, It’s purely an idea that people have, maybe if we got to see Ronaldo play with someone else we’d know for sure, he still seems to do well with Portugal,

the idea that only Benz can play with Ronaldo and Ronaldo be productive is a bit ludicrous to me to say the least, I am not a big stats person but I doubt that Benz is the biggest provider of assists for Ronaldo, the only way that could be would be because he has been here the longest and Ozil, ADM and James have all come and gone, post is too long, i’m done.

Bear Crotch and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  5. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I would not be so sure at all. What I would predict is that we won't sign a striker that will solve our offensive problems.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Faubert 2.0?

MerlinRM, Digital and Deep Pal repped this.
  7. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    I don't even read this thread anymore, only socks/tools/trolls/bots that defend this useless sack of potatoes post here. :laugh::D

8. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well said, Benzema averages about 2 or 3 assists a season to ronaldo who in turn offers more. Ronaldo is the top all time assist maker/goal scorer at real madrid likewise in the CL. So who feeds who here?

Hes fans invented this myth that Beznema makes Ronaldo perform better to cover the fact that hes a serial chock artist in front of goal, as bad as cavani.

Ronaldo had great partnerships with Rooney,Tevez,Berbatov,Javier hernadez and he performs well for portugal with far worse players beside him. Just stop posting that rubbish about ronaldo ever needing benz beside him please becuse in truth its the complete opposite.

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I find this idea that Ronaldo somehow needs Benzema's services to succeed to be laughable to say the least.
    Ronaldo would still be Ronaldo regardless of who he plays with as long as they have quality. The personnel really isn't important. They said the same thing about Ozil & Ronaldo saying Ronaldo would struggle without Ozil upon his departure even though the German only assisted 5 of CR's 55 goals in the season prior to his departure. Then they said the same about Di Maria and what happened after? Ronaldo kept up his 50+ goals per season rate.

The argument becomes even more fallacious when you consider the seasons Ronaldo was top 3 on the planet prior to his move to Madrid when he probably didn't even know who Benzema was. So using this logic, somehow the stars aligned for Ronaldo that he just happened to move to Madrid at the right time when Benzema joined otherwise his time here would've been nowhere near the historic standard he has set.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Arcticmandaly and Deep Pal repped this.
  10. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Same window -- I was thinking Huntelaar.

11. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Btw, Ronaldo scored so many hat-tricks when Higuain was the starting striker alongside him particularly in their final season together. Think he even had his best games alongisde Higuain in 12/13.

Hat-tricks against Celta Vigo 12/13; Sevilla 12/13; Getafe 12/13

Arcticmandaly, Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This love to Benzy just mystery... he is good player and IMO great to have him in squad, but always assume like without him Ronaldo, BBC, our attack, Zizou, ALL TEAM are not good enough, won't survive and similar stuff.. just smth.

13. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I'd use a Huntelaar right about now. :)
    Thank you for your contribution.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Completely agree. That's why Benzema got tired of scoring goals during Ronaldo's suspension earlier this year.

Deep Pal, ahnaf, dipluso and 1 other person repped this.
  15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Benzema is literally not bothered. There is no one on the bench to challenge him, president likes him, manager likes him and he has a number of years remaining on his contract. Worst case scenario for him is that Real Madrid cancel and pay up the rest of his contract.

If we go trophyless this season, just through sheer fan pressure alone, I don't see him staying here.

Deep Pal, RaMaaa and yoanaidarov repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he just got an extension. He is not leaving anytime soon. Maybe if we end up trophy less, if we win something, he will stay.
    such an awful player to have. You can't even use him as a sub because it will "hurt his feeling" and make him "loose confidence".

17. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We dont need him to leave. He can be a golden sub.
    We just need Zidane to change his mind about starting him.

MerlinRM and surgeon repped this.
  18. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    yoanaidarov repped this.
  19. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Zidane05 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    S1na repped this.
  21. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Vieri is criticizing Lineker for only being a poacher striker? o_O

22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Maybe in his later days he turned into that, but in his younger days, he most definitely was not just a "poacher".

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the most attention Lineker has gotten since he stopped playing football. Enough already.

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Maybe not just a poacher, but I think of him as one.

Just a weird comment anyway -- an English striker who scored close range goals isn't allowed to criticize Benzema for not scoring? Uh, okay.