How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not like Florentino didn't try to sign a striker. He went to Lewandowski personally post match and told him to join us.

2. Adder

Adder Red Card

Sep 1, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's silly is you incapable of grasping that we already have other strikers than Benzema.

You do realize Mayoral is a forward, yes? You do realize Ronaldo spends half his time in that position as well, yes? If we replace Benzema with another forward, we've got 3 of them.

What, you want 4 forwards in the squad? Yeah, you sound really clever, buddy.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You sound really mad though. Need a bit more meditation and some Tao Lu forms to find your balance for today.

PigBenis, Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure the club planned to "delay" announcing the contract extensions as a way to "distract" from a string of poor results.

I'm sure the rationale was that the signings would be well received; and as per Benzema, they could just squeeze him in under the radar without much of a fuss.

But yeah, at this point maybe they shouldn't have conducted these elaborate ceremonies pretending as if everything is fine and dandy.

5. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    it is a stupid decision that was made 2 months ago, not the extension. Letting Morata leave was bad.
    you seem to think that we will get any good money on Benzema, he's price is very low now and will only continue to drop come next summer.
    all this is doing is making sure that promising young strikers, who don't have a problem with a fair competition on the spot, will not want to come and play for Real Madrid.
    Perez basically told the world, Benzema is my starter forever. Simple as that.
    Beside Perez, Zidane and a small group of delusional posters in here, nobody in the football business look at Benzema as a top striker.

J-Mezzy and Lyra repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some people here championed Lacazette, and watching him at Arsenal he seems to turn slower than the seasons. So far Florentino has made offers for Lewandowski and Mbappe, which suggest that if the quality is there, he'll go for it.

Judging by the kind of money the "football business" spends on players right now, it seems more likely that Perez, Zidane and the small group of posters are more likely in the right. Juve spent 90 mil. for a completely out of shape Higuain.

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thats exactly it. I understand people being frustrated by Benz, but I really cant think of that many options to replace him with. Lewa and Mbappe like you said we've tried and failed, and Suarez we didnt try for obvious reasons. If you look at the starting strikers for most big national teams, you will be severly underwhelmed. France has Giroud, Italy has Pele, Spain has Costa/Morata, Brazil went into a WC with Fred ffs lol.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But we already had Morata, twice, and both times we looked like fools for selling. And I can't think of a team in the world who would turn down Pele.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is why he now plays in China.

Zidane05 and yoanaidarov repped this.
  10. David Jefferies

Mar 14, 2017
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So an important question after tonights performance... should Benzema be an automatic starter when fit?

Surely any starting lineup which includes all three of the BBC is inferior to 442 with Bale and Cristiano up top? Im sorry there is no question Benzema is a good player but he is not good enough to play at Real madrid (in my opinion), although perhaps he can prove me wrong if he re finds some form. I think the only reason he has stayed so long at Madrid is because ronaldo has a soft spot for him

11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, the old man's still got it. He must be like 80 years old now.

LOL, if Benzema isn't good enogh for Madrid, Bale sure isn't.

It was a nice goal by Bale but Bemzema has scored that type of goal multiple times, I'm pretty sure he does it in his sleep because thats really the complaint about Benzema...that he looks like he's asleep at times.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Lol.

Both offer different things to the team. I'd like to have both healthy for the coach to have that option.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bale only has running on Benz, but lots of players run faster and more often the Benzema it's hardly worth mentioning.

But yeah, sigh, definitely looking like BBC will be a thing again.

14. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The best line-up and formation for this team right now is the 4-4-2 diamond like the one played against Dortmund tonight with Bale & Ronaldo up top. Both players actually played more wide than centrally (but not as far wide as RW/LW) and were more like RF & LF rather than RS & LS. It was perfect for the counter-attacking tactics we set-up. The great thing about this system is that everyone actually sticks to their position and I could count numerous times today where I could visually see us keeping our shape.

When the BBC plays and Zidane opts for a 4-3-3; the shape looks a lot more lopsided as Ronaldo crams the centre with Benzema instead of sticking to his LW and Bale is isolated out on the RW. He looks a lot more dangerous out on the left particularly in that LF role. His goal and assist to Ronaldo today came from that position as did Ronaldo's 2 goals coming in from the right and some of his other little plays.

This should be the midfield and forward line from now on when everyone's fit
    (4-4-2 diamond):

Bale - - - Ronaldo
    - - - - Isco - - - - - -
    Kroos - - Modric
    - - - Casemiro - - -

with Asensio being first sub off the bench to replace Isco & Benzema being the sub for Bale.

Excape Goat and Deep Pal repped this.
  15. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say Bale has pace, power, and perhaps even finishing over Benz. Benz is more technically gifted, but he chokes a lot of shots. Everyone chokes but I think Bale finishes more of his opportunities.

What Benz has over anyone is fearlessness. That's the one trait I like in him. He could have 2 or 3 top class defenders in front of him and he will have no shame taking them all on if he sees a potential way through. The clearest example of that was his run in the semi final against Atleti that led to the Isco goal.

The 4 4 2 worked today magically, leading many to believe that perhaps it is our best lineup. However, I worry that our offense can have its troubles without Benz, like we did in these last few liga games. We were lacking goals.

16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My preference with the squad we have at the moment is for 4-4-2 , unless rotating for rest, Luka, Toni, Casemiro, Isco must play and of course Ronaldo will always start, anyone else whoever is in the best form from there

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He obviously meant Pelle (the Italian).

It was just with on L less because you've taken so many of them over the past few seasons that we're running short right now.

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Shit, close this thread now. We've peaked.

Doni repped this.
  19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

Deep Pal, janos audron, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Omg that was deep

Screenshot_20170928-175149-653x382.jpg

21. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Clearly benzema telepathically guided bale and Ronaldo to them goals the other night, only reason they scored.

The selfless one ,lord benzema .

22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Who's back fit and ready to play?

[​IMG]

^^^^This guy. :)

Deep Pal, madridista_hr and Zidane05 repped this.
  23. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Logged into post this, beat me to it , hope he gets into rhythm and Ronaldo starts banging in the goals.

Hendrix22, S1na and Shay Z repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Good thing he doesn't play for France. Most fun country to root against tbh.

25. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The GOAT of making space for everyone else returns ! cant wait....:sleep: