How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    I'd rather win the UCL than a league title tbf.

Even this season I'd love both but if I had to choose, I'd take the UCL all day every day.

S1na and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  2. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's going to sting real bad if we fail to win the league this season. We've only won 4 out of the last 13 available, Barca have not been at their best, and we've been on top of the table from pretty much the start of the season. Back-to-back CL titles would be a remarkable feat, but even the possibility of becoming the first team to retain it doesn't interest me as much as clinching LaLiga. Just been too damn long, and to end up empty-handed after so many emotional roller coaster matches this season would be a bitter pill to swallow.

ABB94, raven3k and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Where does Benzema stand after these b team performances. Definetly not a sell, but next season should see all roles alongside CR be experimented during preseason.

Zidane is being pressured into dismantling of the starting 11 baring a few exceptions. You can't fault him for sticking with the current 11 throughout the remainder of the season as we have been succesful thus far. The next month will be truly interesting as all our players are in good form and i trust zidane will do whats best for the team going forward.

Benzema is still very useful but so are many others who aren't playing regularly, we keep him to fight for his spot and heck buy Mbappe in the process - let them all fight it out, the cream always rises.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No way. He needs to leave asap. This Galactico project is finished. Ronaldo is holding back the team too in terms of performance, but at least he still scores a lot of goals and its hard to remove such a huge legend. But Benzema is done at Madrid, and I would say at the highest level. Any italian team apart from Juventus would be perfect for him right now, I hope to see him at Inter or Milan next season.

9Qui repped this.
  5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He stands in the departure booth. Physically and mentally defeated player, definetly a sell.

Through out the season we had fantastic opportunities to make 2 digit lead over Barca - we failed. We also failed to keep that lead and managed to be currently behind poor Barca. Also through out the season, our performances were not the ones of the powerhouse, the contrary they were bland. But the most problematic is your last sentence. Judging by the moves taken by Zidane this season, i don`t have perticular confidence in him doing what is best for the team. For example, the best for the team would be to bench Benzema and Bale until furhter notice. Will he do that? No he won`t.

Benzema was unable to fight for his spot on his own when he was young and in his prime, as result club either sold or reffered of buying new options because it would hurt Karim. So, what makes you think current Benzema is able to fight for his spot? He is not. The only one fighting for his spot is Zidane.

Objective number 1 this summer should be offload Benzema alongside Bale. Secondly, keeping our young, talented base and adding leathal CF who can beat opponents - Mbappe fits that perfectly. By doing this, we already have a better team.

6. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Griezman, Kante, Dembele and.. don't know how Benzema nominated for the best French player abroad award this year.

7. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Zidane has been so shockingly stubborn with this situation that I still don't see Benz being benched let alone sold. The Clasico debacle at home in front of the whole world may be a factor in perhaps utilizing Morata a bit more now but I don't see anything changing for the rest of this season.

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has 18 goals this season in all competitions - a goal every 82 minutes. Benzema scored one less but played 1,060 minutes more. [as]

kime777, S1na, Doni and 3 others repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    This for a backup striker who has not even got a fair run of games.

Will be catastrophic if we let go of him.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Understood, to each his own, I enjoy every CL win, but, I'd loved us to have won more than one league title in 7 years, I'd like us to win everything all the time ( not possible of course) this season for sure I'd love the league title, it's high time we showed that we are capable of this difficult task. Consistent excellence throughout the season,

11. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    So you would rather a league title than making history by becoming the first team ever to win the UCL back to back.

odd choice but ok...

RMSocrates, Shay Z, Eddie and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd take both but if it came down to it, I'll take the CL. 12 CL's, that'd shut all those Bayern idiots up.

S1na, RMSocrates, Ahmadi8 and 1 other person repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For me it's always gonna be CL over La Liga, especially in this edition where we can become the first team to win it back to back.

madridista_hr, surgeon, S1na and 3 others repped this.
  14. snooop

snooop Member

Apr 26, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ZZ rates his boy Benzema higher than Raul/Ronaldo in his Real Madrid all time greats. Chance of him getting sold in the summer is next to zero.

15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, easily, don't even have to think about it, we already hold the most trophies in that comp, not getting caught anytime soon either, back to back is not personally a big deal for me, but that's just me, we show we are a major club with tradition in that comp, as a major club though, 1 league title in 7 years is poor, let's begin to set that right, my thought, but as I said, to each his own, no one is wrong or right here I think, we just have differing opinions

ABB94 and Crimson repped this.
  16. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That can't possibly be true can it?

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Same. Would be quite epic. We are almost always competitive in the league but its not the same in the CL so when we are going through a good time in Europe I want as many trophies, who knows when we go through a long drought again.

18. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair enough, but no competitive trophies are handed out, but I get that most prefer the CL I'd probably prefer it too if our league haul wasn't so poor in the last 10 years to be honest

Madrid_1902 repped this.
  19. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Posted below comment in match thread but thought i would see if i could get some explanation as to why the home crowd are so lenient with this guy ?

How does benzema never get booed or whistled that badly after doing nothing for like 15 matches yet ronaldo gets booed or whistled for missing a chance against bayern after scoring two in the first match ?

20. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    People just expect Benz to be poor? Whilst expecting perfection from Ronaldo?, I have no idea really,

J-Mezzy and Lyra repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Benzema is done. He's mentally checked out. Everyone knows this except his coach. Look at the way he moves, all in one direction. His runs are straight. And once he gets into the penalty box, he's static. No better examples than on the goal where he just stood still while Ronaldo had to move and come near post, or on the counter a few minutes later where he just ran from box to box in one straight line.

MerlinRM, J-Mezzy, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  22. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he did get booed when he went off, lucky for him, he was very close to the line, so it only lasted 1-2 seconds before the crowd cheered for Morata.

23. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Well said. The issue right now seems to be mental.....just not into it. Talent means nothing if your mind is not right.

I guess Zizou is persistent with him to try to force him into good form for the crucial month ahead because to win these titles, we'll need contributions from everyone. An in-form Benz is still world class.

That being said, he shouldn't do it at the expense of other players.

Zidane05 repped this.
  24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He's done for the season. There is nothing to recover at this point, and we need every point until the end of the league. The time to be stubborn is over, there is nothing to be saved here.

9Qui repped this.
  25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is not a lack of form issue. Benzema was an elite striker in the past years, but hes not anymore, plain and simple. He needs to be sent packing, with the respect he deserves for his contribution over the years, as soon as possible.