How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    What happened to those Milan rumors..? :whistling:

2. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Benzema is living like a King in Madrid. I doubt he will be willing to leave his comfort zone, especially in such mental state.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only way for Benzema to leave is for the club to sign a household name who pushes him out the frame. That's the reason i'm kind of disappointed that the Falcao loan deal or some of our other striker attempts didn't become reality. Falcao could have become a fan and club favourite.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    The household name is now available. Time to end our misery.

5. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Where is Phoenix Rising when you need him to defend the indefensible

6. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #7631 Halycon, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    I am not watching one more game with this fat fck in our beautiful white shirt. Enough is enough.

he is the only reason I miss Mourinho, who at least had some cojones to bench this motherfucjer.

7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    can we change the thread title to "how can you like me now?" ?

AriGold, Lyra, Chinky24 and 14 others repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Shit, thanks for making me laugh.

Aimar 21 and Doni repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    That's my fear. How can we go from ^^^^^^^^ this to #benzemaout. I hope he's sold as soon as humanly possible so Alvaro can maybe think about staying.

This is legit hilarious. Good work Sir. Needed some laughter.

10. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No one is going to buy this french lump of wood , you couldn't give this waster away for free. A center forward that chokes 100 percent of hes chances every single game .

11. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just watched that chance... brilliant pass from Marcelo, so much space and Benzema still shooting straight to keeper. it was 1-1 then.

12. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's amazing that after all these years, we're having the same discussions and complaints about him. We've done everything possible to cater to him and he simply hasn't proved that he can be consistent and relied upon to deliver week in and week out. He's easily one of the most frustrating signings of this new era because the talent is clearly there but he just never seems to be able to make the most of it. We need better if we want to dominant domestically and in the CL and Benzema simply isn't it.

As I said in the match thread, I'm genuinely just tired of him as our striker. I'm tired of the missed chances, killing our attacking plays, the lack of effort, drive or motivation, him being our undisputed starting striker with genuinely no performance based evidence to back it up. We haven't had good competition for him since Higuain (who was flawed in his own way) and now that we have Morata nothing has changed. It's time that he moved on and we either bring in someone who is already world class or has the potential to be and focus on them. I'd take 2 seasons getting a younger striker to be the best in the world than waste it on Benzema. I'm tired.

Goodbye Benzema. Just Goodbye.

13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, hes been great in the past three seasons. This year he simply lost the athleticism he had. No need to project retroactively, Benzema has been a great player for Madrid. He's just not anymore.

14. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well said, I agree with every sentence of your post. I'm really tired of him and want him gone without even thinking of any $$ for shipping him out.

Edit: here comes Hendrix with the unexpected Benzema's defense. I'm tired of that too. :D

sleepyvato50, MerlinRM and Digital repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As expected he thinks Benz has been "great" and not just that, for "three seasons" at that, sigh...

temesgen repped this.
  16. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He thinks mario balotelli is great so hard to take him seriously most of the time .

17. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unfortunately, your average fan's goldfish memory cannot change the fact that he scored 74 goals in 134 games in the previous three seasons during which he won two CL trophies being instrumental to our attacking play throughout. But what can you expect from people who interpret 'thank you and goodbye' as defending him.

18. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Benzema's main role here has been to be Ronaldo's fluffer. And that worked with 2012 Ronaldo. But nowadays Ronaldo doesn't merit that kind of catering anymore.

19. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty sure anyone with an IQ above 75 and some footballing talent at Europe's top clubs could've done the same. Do you realize scoring x amount of goals per y amount of games is different for Stoke (or AC Milan) than it is for Real Madrid? He was a better player at Lyon than he was at Madrid after 2012.

Aimar 21 and janos audron repped this.
  20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This x1000. Benz has a real sweet pass, the one on one Ronnie missed started with a nice chipped ball from Benz to Asensio. I don't think he is thaaaaaaat good of a passer to justify his other deficiencies, and his attacking partners are not that lethal anymore to have him with the sole purpose of supplying. Suarez also has real good linkup play, but it's not just soft touches of the ball and quick one twos that he can do, he also makes clever decoy runs, body checks defenders (check the 3rd yesterday, great movement by Suarez), and is the La Liga top scorer for the second season running. We can do much better, and since this is the glamorous number 9 spot we are talking about, I am surprised Perez has settled for Benz.

J-Mezzy and temesgen repped this.
  21. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The 9 might not be all about goals anymore. Especially, when Ronaldo and Messi have scored their many goals from other positions. But Benzema doesn't offer enough anymore, and Ronaldo isn't worth it having a player on pitch just because he's supposed to link up well with him.

Hendrix22 and temesgen repped this.
  22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    BBC needs broken up, team can't paper over the weaknesses anymore. Benzema could potentially maybe work in a line up without Ronaldo and Bale but his mentality and work ethic make it criminal to try. I'd love to see us sell the BBC this summer and integrate Isco, Asensio, Morata into squad. That of course won't happen but maybe we'll see Bale and Benz head to the EPL and see the squad give Ronaldo a free roll up top with hard working ambition surrounding.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spot on. I would end it with both and have a fresh start with a new era, we sure have the pieces for that already and one more Galactico (Mbappe) will be enough. But CR has too big reputation here, and he keeps scoring enough, which is expected when the entire team plays for him to score (pretty noticable against Barca). Hes becoming like Ibrahimovic who also scores a lot for ManU but hampers their overall play. There were so many moments the other day when we were on the counter and I thought a 2012 Ronaldo would have killed this Barca, but he simply can't shake off his marker anymore.

9Qui repped this.
  24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Benzema`s "link-up" mastery would actually work if we would have technical and fast wingers who could exploit that. CR7 lost his pace, while Bale simply lacks technical ability and does not know how to exploit that space.

We don`t need pseudo striker, especially not one who seems completely defeated player. We need 2 CF`s and magicians behind and it will beat everything Benzema is able to produce 10x over.

Hendrix22 repped this.
  25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    LMAO wtf am I reading?!