How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I am thinking on contacting Benzema and providing shooting master class.

2. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Can you teach how to run aswell ? dont think he knows how to use hes legs to be honest .

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As long as you've never shot a master class with Valbuena in the past, you should be fine to contact him.

Deep Pal, Umar, Shay Z and 1 other person repped this.
  4. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Came in, missed two golden chances, will start next game for sure. What a life for this lucky guy.

5. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He knows how to run. It seems that he has mental problems, which is extra bad considering that his character is problematic.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Morata is suspended so he has to start.

7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    :(

8. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I am a bit fed up with Benzema, I usually like the guy but I think he's running out of time. However, I am not sure Morata is the ready-made solution.

There were a couple of occasions where having Benzema instead of Morata would have actually helped. On both occasions he took a poorly executed shot from a silly position instead of holding and passing the ball. I was not impressed at all by Benzema in this game, but there's nothing that made me think that Morata is any better (apart from his willingness to run down lost causes).

Morata is very direct, and Benzema is very intricate, and when you keep flitting between the two, the other attacking players need to think about what type of run to make instead of automatically making it.

Digital, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Morata just needs a consistent run. Hes overeager to impress, just like he was before he left Madrid. Otherwise hes good with the ball. He needs to get some preferential treatment Benzema style.

Deep Pal, Aimar 21 and AriGold repped this.
  10. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yup, check his starts earlier in the season. Even when he didn't score he was helping the team in build up and I recall many here were satisfied with his contribution and were confident the goals will eventually come.

If he tries too hard he isn't really to be blamed considering his share of playing time.

11. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Change the goddamn system if needed be, don't start with Benzema , it is like already starting with ten players before the match began, and twelve players for the opposition cause he does their defensive duties as well.

Eddie repped this.
  12. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point I fail to see how Mariano can be any worse than Benzema, who has reached rock bottom.

13. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Switch to 4-4-2 for all I care but sit Benzema. Enough is enough. I have no idea if it's regression or just lack of confidence but he needs to stop playing.

Deep Pal and ahnaf repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He practically scored in every game he played for weeks now, and had a legit goal called offside yesterday. I am 100% positive that Morata is the better option right now.

Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  15. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. He has this Higuain-like desire and instinct to always score, just get him the ball in the box.

I gotta say though, I really hope we buy a legit striker over the summer. I dont like the idea of heading into next season with either Karim or Alvaro as our main striker, though I really hope we keep Alvaro around. As a rotation striker/impact sub, cant get any better than that.

As for who do we get instead of Karim, I am open to Aguero (despite my reservations, he is the best available big name striker out there, and I am positive we will get at least a couple of good seasons out of him), or a young prospect like Celtic's Dembele or Mbappe.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata should stay, Mariano go out on loan/buyback, and we should be looking into a new striker. Benzema is mentally done.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would keep Benzema after this season if he had been around for only a couple of years, but the fact that he has been here 8 years and he still hasnt figured it out probably means he never will. We can definitely do better, he can definitely do better, but it seems like it isnt working out here. Shame, last season he looked real good for a stretch, I felt maybe Zidane coaching him was the answer.

Deep Pal, Digital and El-CapitanoR7 repped this.
  18. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will state this one last time... Getting Aguero is impossible. He has stated he would categorically NEVER move to Madrid no matter how much they offered him.

19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He'll probably be more injured than Gareth anyhow, I can see no point in bringing him to us, not that it matters what I think anyway

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Last two seasons Bale has play a lot less than Aguero.
    2016-2017
    Aguero: 1428 mins
    Bale: 1121 mins

2015-2016
    Aguero: 2362
    Bale: 1735

21. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Thanks for your opinion, and here I was just about to sign off on a cheque to Man City.

Relax dude, just saying he would be a good alternative, and given that he is unsettled at City, might be worth a try.

22. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    who cares there both very injure prone and aguero is getting worse i would actually be fuming if we bought aguero for benzema .

surgeon repped this.
  23. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The striker market is so thin especially if you want someone younger. Only Dybala seems to be the option in terms of age and quality. Otherwise Morata is more than enough. Give him a long stretch of games and I think we will get fruitful results.

24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Much of a sameness, injury prone , both of them IMO, I can't be bothered to actually count the mins,

25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Perception is that Aguero is even more injury prone than Bale when that is actually not the case