How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread[R]

I disagree at Lyon, Benzema was more of a Left Forward rather than a nine, and it was there he got all the hype. I believe his attributes are that of a support striker, but that my guess.

At Real Madrid we lack strikers, and Benzema is fitting the mold to become a world class striker.

2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

No bro check out Styles reaction. Karim is not the kind of player to hold the ball wait for everyone to get on the opponents half. Not a Adebayor/Dzeko-like players. Its better for him to play behind the striker and have some more space/freedom. Build the team around the kid and Özil, our two most attacking intelligent players.

3. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I think in the near future, he will be able to do it all, just like R9 was all around striker.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Same gropus of people not long ago were trying to sell Benzema. Today they want Cristiano out. Tomorrow it will be Higuain. The day after Ozil, then Di Maria, then Benzema again, then Alonso, Cristiano, etc.

It's quite pathetic.

5. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Of course :rolleyes:

Except Iker.... we don't mess with Iker

6. Laaura

Laaura Member+

Apr 2, 2009
    Manchester
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

The funny thing is that the users who say things of the sort are the same ones who are constantly going on and on about how much greater Messi is...but when Messi doesn't show up against times like Espanyol they keep their mouth shut. It's only when Ronnie has a bad game that they come out and constantly criticize and demand he be sold. It's pathetic really.

7. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This player has come a long way and other than Di Maria (Iker of course) this season I cannot see another hard working player who plays as his manager has told him to do so. Simply comes to life in the all important games.

AS

8. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Indeed, though the article doesn't mention the number of assists he's got for a forward/striker, which is even more of a bonus..

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

Well if you didn't know it is only our players (especially the big named ones) who deserve to get bashed for poor play. When Messi has barca carry him time after time, nothing. If Madrid carries Cristiano he is all of a sudden a poison which we need to get out in order to succeed.

Backward destructive mentality which I will never understand. Cristiano needs to stop pouting, needs to get over the hump, needs to step his game up.

He will. He will come back even stronger and this useless morons who most likely have never accomplished anything significant in their lives will soon forget they were the same ones trying to sell him after the howler he had against barca. It's a never ends.

You haven't been here long enough. Just not too long ago one of the village idiots was saying how Valdes... yes even Valdes was playing better and was a better option.

He knows who he is.. you will soon..

10. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

Now THAT was a good thread

11. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It sure was. Never seen our fellow posters so enthusiastic before or since.

12. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

oh i remember that. ha valdes hahaha i don't remember who said that but let me guess, was it demo?

13. ratheesh7k

ratheesh7k Member

Feb 18, 2010
    India
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Valdez still need to beat Raina before taking Iker's position. Only in his dreams...

14. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

This load of crap just gave me a fit of laughter.

At first I thought you was a arrogant, hot-headed and persistent poster. But now I've learnt you're a lying son of a gun who not only chats a load of bull online, but think you're somewhat the guardian angel of madrid. IF no one agrees with you, they get disrespected, along with the usual (and I quote ozilll lol) 'chipmonks'.

Trying to back up a player before we bought him and shitting all over him while he is in his first season/beginning of second are two very different statements.

Fair enough you backed him, since he wasn't proven as much as a bigger profile player. However, (lol this is where it gets funny) you precisely, was shitting all over him after his continuous poor performances in his first year.

Do not try to confirm you were the bus driver when you're the hypocrite.

They can think all they want. If I back up everything I say, I don't think/care about any personal attacks. If however I cannot back it up, then I'm wrong.

lol you see what I mean? no? go and read the first paragraph of my post.

Yeah, since you're not going to admit you ever talked crap about him, you're now going to dick ride him. Nice plan.

If players are playing poor, for a amazingly long period of time, and are hopeless when we need them the most, you still think they don't deserved to be bashed?

If not, then you've just confirmed you're a fanatic. And you know what they say about fanatics.

They had 'a' down game at barca? lol this gets funnier the more you type.

If they had 'a' down game at barca, I would've not said anything. Since they repeatedly lose confidence when they play them, I will say something about em.

The main point I want to reiterate is, you keep lying persistently. You claim how I wanted to get rid of Ronaldo and Higuain (again and again). Yes, other posters may have said it.

Go and find and quote where I said I wanted to get rid of Ronnie and Pipita. If you can't you seriously need to stfu about this nonsense.

To conclude, I hope the mods do not delete this post. I want YS to read this and if we want to carry on, we'll PM. I do not want to mess up a thread (even though some of this is partly related to Benzema).

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

Only thing laughable is how stupid you've become since early December. That and the fact you still don't realize that even demo wouldn't support you on this Benzema-hate bullshit you're spewing.

Hell who has? In fact poster after post has said you're full of shit, but since your as dumb as a rock we can't expect you to finally understand.

The funniest part about your stupidity is I actually used examples, you have done nothing but accuse and whine. Back up what you say.

Yo Dummy, you've made an accusation about me bashing Benzema and an accusation I never wanted him. You backed away from the never wanting him here but have still yet to prove me not being supportive.

If you can't back what you say, you're wrong.. right? So shut the hell up. :)

Great then the entire forum is waiting for you to tell us all how much of an absolute ASS you are for that bashing of Higuain.

This will take forever.

God you're stupid. It is called talking crap, realizing you were wrong, then saying "I was wrong about X, this is why, then being supportive". I was fully against Di Maria coming here, then I realized he was an asset. After he proved himself as a fan of the club and helped our progress I got behind Di Maria. When Di Maria goes through a bad patch though I won't say we should sell him, that we're better off without him in the squad and the utter nonsensical crap you have spewed any time one of our players has an off game. :rolleyes:

When the player has proven himself in this shirt act like you have some damn sense (maybe you don't?).

Can anyone be this stupid? I mean were you hiding all of this or did you get dropped on your head the day of the Clasico in December?

No. It's called loss of fuucking form. If you knew anything, you would know that they would get back to where they were considering how young these guys are.

Besides what more bullshit is this? "Amazingly long period of time"?

LOL!

So 90 minutes of a Clasico is such an "Amazingly long period of time" for Higuain and Cristiano that they are suddenly shit players who have never performed well against barca, suck and should be sold?

I can't even put in words how stupid that is. Congratulations!

Don't worry, Horsey and co know I like to stretch my legs out time after time and have some fun with those who either are mentally inept or don't know any better (you = both).

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Benzema deserved most of the (level headed) criticism he got. His performances were abysmal and he was rightly criticized.

He finally figured Madrid out and now we're reaping the rewards. We have the 2 best young strikers in the world. On top of that they are not the same kind of player so its a win win. Our future is secure in their hands.

YS has been the on the wagon from the very beginning. From the time Karim broke through for Lyon. He's one of his biggest fans. This is a fact.

Heck, he even defended those two little strips on the right side of Karim's head. Lol.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

That's the key point, nobody is saying constructive criticism is not warranted or needed for players who are playing poorly. Of course it is.

It is when constructive turns to destructive that there is a problem. There is a difference between saying "Benzema is playing poorly, needs to stop missing/wasting easy chances and step that shit up"...

...then saying "Benzema sucks, never plays well against *blank*, we'd be better without him, can't score for shit and to who and for how much can we sell him?"

It is especially appalling when you see posters ripping these Madrid proven players. Give them the benefit of a doubt FFS, they've proven their quality in our shirt.

18. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YS87 is/was a long time supporter of Benzema. And he called Kaka as being past his prime very early in the game.

But what is the fun of things if we fans can't get mad at the players (or coach) when they mess up? I will never sign up for that.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

Pantless hug coming your way. :eek:

Who says you can't or shouldn't? I never have, you well know I do. All I'm saying is don't go into the crazy zone selling a player after a game or two of poor form. At least if you do, admit that you've went too far when people call you out on it.

20. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

That's two things you already know about me? Adding to the fact that you're a liar, you can now read minds telepathically across the internet? On top of that you already concluded it's a fact. Holy crap man. :eek:

Apparently, you said this last year (and I'm not surprised):

You admit to bash players. To me, that's enough to settle this. If you are allowed to bash players, can't I? You talk trash about players and I'm not allowed to bash Ronaldo or Higuain for legitimate poor performances?

And if I start to praise players, I get called a troll beater. This is why (In my opinion) many new users don't feel comfortable here.

Umar's quote in that benzema thread:

I didn't even once mention selling any players, while I bashed Ronaldo, semi-bashed Higuain and all of a sudden I become a hater? a idiot? and stupid all at the same time?

I've actually quoted a member about talking crap about ronaldo and all they try to do is justify it with lies. I mean, if you talk crap about player 'A', then surely you actually mean it in that period of time? or unless they are trying to fit in with the majority of the votes, which is more believable to me.

This whole debate/argument/name-calling is about how we bash players and the point of bashing them in the first place. This doesn't only have to do with Benz. It's everyone on the team.

I made a point about Higuain and I get bashed for it, where is the justice in that?

Where have I full on bashed, demanded to be sold and hated the living guts of Pipita? If you think that's bashing, are you trying to say you've never bashed a player in your life?

Since you only think linearly, I'll explain. Ronaldo and Higuain have both played many games against barca. In those games, they have failed to produce goals when we needed them. Mainly due to finishing (especially Ronnie). btw I'm not talking about the copa games. I'm talking about in general against barca.

Ronaldo has only scored 2 goals past valdes. One of them is a penalty. Same logic can be applied with Higuain.

If you think scoring 5 goals with 30 odd attempts isn't good enough to justify 'player bashing', then you have some serious issues with player bashing. In fact, you give it a whole new meaning.

You still haven't quoted me where I mentioned the selling of them two........and said they are shit players........I'm still waiting................

Another personal insult. I've lost count of these. Not only from you. ;)

So, by your logic, if our player has actually performed bad against a team repeatedly, and they get bashed for what they've been doing on the field, they automatically become a hater?

I don't think this whole argument has any merit from your perceptive. I'd try harder to make some quality posts when you're actually willing to argue points from a clear standing point. There's no point in debating if you're just going to insult me in every single sentence.

However, if you've (or anyone else for that matter) has a grudge against me (which I think you have), then there is, again, no point in debating about this topic.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

You're pathetic.

Someone should get you a dictionary or at least explain the difference between constructive and destructive criticism. The fact that you didn't just disappear and you are still going on and on (even further from you first accusations on me about Benzema) after regular after regular after regular has denounced what you said just makes you seem even more delusional than we all previous thought you had become post December-clasico.

Don't blame a grudge, we could careless to hold one. Blame your own brain meltdown since that 3-1 in December.

22. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Nice reply, I didn't expect nothing but insults. Carry on, please, it's fun reading them.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

I wish I could say your posts are fun to read.

Still waiting on you to prove how much I am a liar about Benzema and I hope you finally learned the difference between constructive and destructive criticisms, I won't hold my breath though.

24. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I'm still holding it, only it to find a post of selling Ronnie or Pipita. lulz for the sake of it.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005

I guess that is your response when poster after poster tells you how wrong you are. I mean even Lockjaw had to smack sense into you.

You failed though LJ. :(

We all failed. :(