How visitors and tourists can get tickets to Dutch league games

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Oct 9, 2009.

1. sk1001

sk1001 Member

Australia
    Oct 28, 2017
    Any recommendation on which areas to sit in and which to avoid at the Ajax Arena?

2. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to Ajax vs Heracles game on April 8th. Managed to get a ticket off of Visit Ajax.... I'm assuming that that ticket is all I need right, no need for passport / photos or anything like that? Can't wait for the game...

3. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the Ajax-FC Twente match on February 11th and based on my experience, just a hard-copy printed out copy of the ticket was all I needed.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  4. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the Ajax-FC Twente match on February 11th and was in section 401. It was lacking a bit in atmosphere, but the view was pretty good - I get the sense that with the Amsterdam ArenA being relatively new, most if not all seats have a good view of the pitch. Section 401 is also above and a little to the side behind the section where it seems the official Ajax supporters stand in section F behind the goal.

5. As a Liverpool fan you should have gone to the "Kuip"! When you do that and I recommend it as Cruijff called it the best (football) stadium in the world and you will discover an atmosphere that is electrifying.

6. honkifulovemls

Sep 5, 2001
    NY/MA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tried to buy tickets for the F-section at Amsterdam ArenA, but I believe you need a club card in order to do so. I did sit (stand rather) behind one of the goals at Stadion Feijenoord for another match and found that to be a more lively atmosphere.

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that worked out well...

8. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sooooooo.... how hard would it be to get tickets to Ajax-Spurs/Man City as a non-season ticket holder?

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hee hee... well I have a ticket for the final in Madrid, so might get to see Ajax yet again... :D

10. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Question for whomever on the thread lives in Netherlands - preferably Amsterdam.

My family will be in Amsterdam on 12/22, when Ajax has a Sunday afternoon match against Den Haag. We would like to go to the match.

If there is anyone who could tell me how can we buy the tix online? Or, over the phone?

Also, info about do's, don't's, what part of the stadium to buy tix in, is there a tailgating culture with Dutch football? Anything else I'd need to know, I would really appreciate it. We can take it to the "message" part of the board.

11. Nope. People either warm up in the city centre or just come in with mostly public transportation.
    By the way, info on public transport is available, also in English, on the site www.9292.nl
    There you can plan whole your route from where you will be staying, or any other place you will be at the moment you need to go to the stadium, to your destination which is the Johan Cruijff Stadium.
    Just to get used to it I suggest to practice with it while you're still at home with different destinations.

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  12. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I went to the Ajax-Heracles game, I got there an hour early and the stadium was already absolutely packed... a lot going on around the stadium.... the stadium shop was impossible due to the crowds and there are a lot of stalls around selling stuff, so no harm in going early either way

RalleeMonkey repped this.
  13. RalleeMonkey

RalleeMonkey Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    here
    Thank you.

14. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hello Dutch fans. I'm making a work trip to Rotterdam in March, i'll be staying in Amsterdam for a weekend and Ajax plays on Sunday March 15. The tickets are sold out, I was wondering if you have suggestions on websites I can buy tickets on the secondary market for Ajax games. please advise. thank you in advance for your help

15. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone on here have any idea if/when the Netherlands will be allowing American visitors? The wife and I would like to spend a few weeks hunkering down there over the summer, but I'm becoming increasingly sure that that won't be possible. Although we'll both be fully vaccinated! :cool:

16. My impression is that vaccinated people will be given access to the Netherlands, given election quotes about giving vaccinated people more freedom.