How visitors and tourists can get tickets to Dutch league games

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by johan neeskens, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this new? 4 years ago, I was able to buy 2 matchday tickets at Willem II w/o a club card. Of course, I had been in contact with the ticket manager for the weeks leading up to the match, so maybe they let me slide.

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Ticketbox says you're wrong.

Thank you for backing me up. :D

3. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Aren't club cards only for the high risk or important big matches. If you were to see a match of less importance or not big risk, would you need one or would it just be more of a better safe than sorry type of deal?

4. afcajax73

afcajax73 Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i believe they are for more high risk, however from what i can tell, theyre getting more commonly required

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    If you arrange this in advance with the club, as non-Dutch resident, I'm sure you can buy a ticket without a club card. The rule in Holland though is that you can only buy tickets to a Dutch league game with a club card. You can only buy tickets to league games through the official supporter service units. And they will only sell tickets to club card holders. Unless you can talk yourself into guesting at a VIP box of course.

For cup games and European games, Dutch clubs typically give first rights to tickets to season ticket holders, then next club card holders, and then if there's any tickets left, non-club card holders. Generally when you don't live in the NL, your chances of of obtaining a ticket to a Dutch game are quite big in the cup, and quite small in the league.

6. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    They are not 'commonly' required. They are required, full stop.

7. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    It's funny that you think you know better when even the ticketbox site talks about the difference between high and low risk games. Even funnier when you use the term full stop even though Jamooky managed to get tickets without a club card. You're so stubborn/such a know-it-all lol. :p

8. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Can anybody help me with AZ and ADO Den Haag?

I emailed both clubs last wednesday and no response. I since faxed AZ and emailed the Primera shop that also sells ADO tickets.

Appreciate any help and happy to return the favour for games in Dublin.

9. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lord knows, they'll need help gettin' into a UCD match. :p

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Here's the AZ forum. Log in and ask if anyone with an AZ club card can help you out, I'm sure they will.

http://azfanpage.nl/forum/

11. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    A club can make exceptions to the rule. The rule however is that you cannot buy a ticket without a club card. Jamooky who is not Dutch bought a ticket without a club card five years ago. I am Dutch and a longtime season ticket holder. Who do you think is better versed in Dutch league ticket purchasing affairs? I know the answer to that but I'm sure deep down even you can see that that says more about what you think about me than about the actual subject under discussion here.

12. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    People have been buying tickets in shops and at the gate for ages without a clubcard including me personally.

The exceptions to the rule have to do with it being a high risk game or not, again, as told so on the ticketbox site. I will translate the exact section when I get home, you know what section I'm talking about. ;)

Don't be so defensive, lighten up a bit will ya lol. :p

13. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I'm just trying to help out a foreign visitor to the Dutch board and answer his question.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    And we appreciate your input, despite some sneer remarks. :p

15. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    I've put some effort in for you and think that you're good to go for the ADO game, see here

https://ado-denhaag.voetbalticket-shop.nl/web/show/id=314355

"Clubcard-verplichting: nee" means no clubcard necessary at both gate and Primera. Prices are also on that page.

When you look on "wedstrijdoverzicht" you will get an overview of their upcoming matches. When clicking on both the Ajax and Feyenoord games you will notice that for those games it says "ja" meaning yes for clubcard and that every clubcard holder can only buy 1 ticket, this is not the case for the other matches where a clubcard holder can buy up to 4 tickets.

Ajax and Feyenoord have rivalries with ADO so are considered high risk, the other games including Twente are not. Since AZ - RKC isn't considered a high risk either, I'm positive that you don't need a clubcard for that match and will have no problem getting tickets since I don't think the stadium will be sold out.

16. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks for the updates. Appreciate all the help. Looking good for ADO Den Haag then. Another issue with AZ is apparently the game is likely to be moved as they are in the cup semi final.

As I can only make a late saturday night game I had picked ADO ahead of Breda and Heracles anyway.

One more question if the AZ game is moved do I need a clubcard for any of the following 2nd division games. I'll be staying in Delft but don't mind travelling. I assume Willem II in Tilburg is the closest.

Fri23/03/12Emmen 19 : 00Fortuna Sittard
    More info

Cambuur 19 : 00Den Bosch
    More info

Zwolle 19 : 00AGOVV
    More info

Helmond Sport 19 : 00Go Ahead Eagles
    More info

Volendam 19 : 00Sparta Rotterdam
    More info Fri23/03/12Almere City 19 : 00Oss
    More info

Willem II 19 : 00Dordrecht

17. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Actually Volendam v Sparta makes a lot more sense than going to Tilburg if the AZ game is moved. Will I need a fancard for Volendam?

18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Not sure about the eerste divisie.

For the eredivisie, again, in principle you need a club card to buy a ticket to any Dutch professional game.

But you need to be a resident of the Netherlands (i.e. have a Dutch address) to buy a club card.

If you don't have a Dutch address you have two options:
    1. Get a fan of the home side to buy a ticket for you. On matchday just ask anyone stood around the stadium. They'll probably be happy to oblige, seeing that they can buy multiple tickets on one club card without a problem. Alternatively go to a fan forum of the club and ask if anyone can help you out in advance.
    2. Contact the club directly, in advance, and explain your situation. Most clubs are happy to help.

If you need contact details of a specific club just ask us on this forum.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Or just ask Scrumptiouz. Because he knows.

20. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Or if it's an Ajax game just ask a random season ticket holder on an Ajax forum. Judging on last weekend's game half of them no longer bother to show up for games themselves, they might as well give their seat to you.

21. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Still more fans than in any other Dutch stadium...

22. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't know if we were talking about this past weekend's match but I give credit to anyone that went to any football match in most of Europe as it looked freaking cold over there. :eek:

23. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Just to update AZ Alkmaar allowed me to purchase a ticket after contacting them.

FC Volendam and ADO Den Haag never replied to emails and faxes but I reckon both will be OK on the night.

24. echo201

echo201 Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    I will give you a suggestion.You'll need to show a passport and hand over two passport photos. Once you have a club card you can buy a ticket at a ticketbox outlet (online at www.ticketbox.nl, at a random stadium on match day, or at a Primera bookshop any day of the working week, outlets across the NL). hope everything is ok ,good luck

25. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thanks. I'm ok for AZ now and ADO. I'm pretty sure my other game (2nd division at Volendam) won't sellout.