How To Resell World Cup Tickets

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by DeMpSeYfan6, Sep 19, 2017.

1. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    bad trade, brazil semifinal would have been even more fun for you :D

Federico Insua and Stuckin1au repped this.
  2. DeMpSeYfan6

DeMpSeYfan6 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    fullerton
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I decided not to buy with The Nats failing to qualify. :( Thanks for all the advice though!

3. lirio navarrete

lirio navarrete New Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Dec 2, 2017
    I have venue tickets for Kaliningrad stadium 4 matches and will not be able to attend so if please someone interested please let me know.

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I’d be interested in some of the games are you a face value seller ?

5. Mzucal

Mzucal New Member

River Plate
    Argentina
    Nov 21, 2017
    I have this tickets to sell at face value:

x6 Croatia vs. Nigeria
    x6 Croatia vs. Iceland

I know it is difficult to sell this tickets, but I lose anything on trying.

Thanks in advance!

6. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    I m sorry to repeat myself but I don't think it will be very wise to swap tickets.
    I m sure there are some very reinforced security measures to check nominal tickets

7. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think you’ll find it will be done in the 1000s. The biggest threat here will be many people will not complete the trades by simply not arriving to meet the person to trade it if they find an easier/quicker trade or sale beforehand. Build your networks over tournaments with quality contacts and over time you will have more success

Forzabarca repped this.
  8. I'm sorry to repeat ourselves but we believe otherwise.
    Thanks!

themanlarry and Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    I still wish you all luck. I don't deny that quality contacts won't be a problem , I just dont feel confident with doing this.
    I will sell at 90% of the value through the platform :)

10. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw a video of someone going in with another persons ticket during confed cup. Seems like when they scanned the FANID the picture came up. and when they scanned the ticket it just lit up green. So I doubt that they will change their system that much were they will look up the name on the ticket and compare it to the FANID

11. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    They will not , but the confed cups had 0 potential security issues . World Cup is another story.

12. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The Fan ID is their security check. I'd strongly advise not trying to use somebody else's Fan ID. However name son tickets have never been an issue before.

13. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. The main issue would be making sure everyone has their own FANID. Cause I doubt they will assign a FANID to a "person of interest". Cause why would they let them near the stadium. Its not like they will let them in and track where they are seated.

popularside repped this.
  14. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    this makes more sense , I agree with you

popularside repped this.
  15. Andres_ARG

Andres_ARG Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Oct 26, 2017
    Baton Rouge, La
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y...inary-injunction-against-viagogo-2926697.html

Fifa sued viagogo over Tix resell.

“During the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, FIFA and local authorities will conduct strict admission checks.”

I wonder what do they mean by strict checks. I’m worried since I have a couple extra applications with slight name variations. Surely they won’t turn people at the gate and have half-empty stadiums right?

16. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well they are still selling them on most their viagogo websites.
    And i doubt they will check the names. they just say this to deter people from doing it.

17. ChristianRevolution

Oct 27, 2017
    I still believe that some people will be rejected , if they happen to be checked by a very meticulous guy. I ll sell through the official platform and I am happy so

18. BMfutbol16

BMfutbol16 Member+

Real Madrid
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just change the name of the guest you are planning to sell. Try to have the buyer lined up before they start sending out tickets

19. Murphalot

Murphalot Member

Mar 31, 2006
    I've been stuck with tickets for some awful fixtures in previous tournaments.

10 tickets - for Greece vs. Ivory Coast (Brazil) - Actually a great game
    8 tickets - Portugal vs Iceland (France '16)

Worst case make a sign and hang it around your neck. You can generally find people to take them off you for face.

If that fails, head to a nightclub and you've got yourself some great first date collateral.

20. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    Do they remain your tickets until they are sold on the portal and does fifa refund you the full amount?

Also, if you were looking to get rid of tickets to a poster on here you could tell them the exact moment you will release them online and they could be ready to snap them up on the portal provided fifa put them up pretty quickly.

21. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    There is no way to determine when they will be put on the portal although it is normally pretty quick.

FIFA keeps 10% as an admin fee. It should be possible to get them back if unsold but I couldn't do that in South Africa. It probably would have required a visit to a specific office can't recall for sure but when picking up my other tickets I couldn't cancel those available for sale that never sold.

22. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Or as in Korea and South Africa they will donate Cat1 tickets to the local junior school.

popularside repped this.
  23. Donal

Donal Member

Arsenal
    Republic of Ireland
    Jan 13, 2018
    . So they'd rather give away the tickets for free to locals rather then just offer football fans a fair price in the first place.

I remember in the euros there was a match with very low demand, it might have been Ukraine vs Northern Ireland or another like that and on the last few days of the portal they were selling the tickets for a very low price just to clear them. This was on the resellers portal BTW.

24. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In Korea the locals were only interested in Korea and the big four supported nations England, Mexico, Argentina & Ireland were all in Japan so they filled empty seats opposite the cameras to make grounds look full. In SA people who like Football did not have the money and those with the money had no interest in Football.

25. top.scorer

top.scorer Member

Mar 13, 2014
    In South Africa, at the game Mexico vs Uruguay they had two entire sections full of local school kids and their teachers. They even brought in sandwiches and chips for them. All for free to them.