How to determine Kappa Italy authentic or replica jersey?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by asprillialim, Feb 19, 2008.

1. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    I'm a fan of Italy national team and I collected more than 200 Italy national team jerseys. However, I just not quite sure how to determine between authentic (match issue) and the replica jersey that made by Kappa. I just knew that the World Cup 2002 qualification jersey can be determine by the material of the jersey.

The one with 13% Lycra is the authentic instead of 8% Lycra which is replica. What about the Kappa jersey that used after Nike jersey during 1999 and what about the World Cup 2002 jersey? How to determine it. Despite from that, some jerseys of Kappa came a long with a small "alphabet" tag in the inner jersey along with the "care instruction" tag, but some doesn't. Could anyone tell me why? Thanks.

And I would love to meet anyone that is trying to sell Italy national team jersey in excellent or mint or brand new condition either match issue or official replica. Please PM me.

Or if you are a Italy national team jersey collector like me and you have a blog or website for your jerseys display, please PM me too. Thanks.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The authentic Kappa jersey had a black line right inside the collar that said "Kappa" on it multiple times. Also, it had to have the "Gara" black tag on it somewhere.

3. asprillialim

asprillialim Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Really? Thanks. I'm going to check it out.

By the way, just one more question. The 1999 Kappa jersey long sleeves, there are two versions.

1. The three stars was located on top of the Italia badge.
    2. The three stars was located on the right sleeve.

Anyone know the differences?

I just know that the 2000 Kappa jersey has two versions too.

1. The Kappa logo at both sleeves are larger.
    2. The Kappa logo at both sleeves are smaller (used for Olympics).

If I was right, can anyone help me to make sure. I just can be sure that the Olympic version in 2004 by Puma is that there wasn't any Puma logo at the both sleeves.

4. gentdelbarcelona

gentdelbarcelona New Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Hey i have a similar question. I want to buy a feyenoord jersey but i noticed that some have big kappa logos on them but others have small ones. AS roma has it too. Is one of them fake? Why are they different?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Why are the kappa logos on the shoulder different sizes?

Thanks