How Technology and Media can help young kids

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by globekick, Sep 9, 2011.

1. globekick

globekick New Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Club:
    UD Las Palmas
    Back in the day a player had to be really lucky and had to be at the right place at the right time to be discovered by a scout. Nowadays the internet can really help a kid achieve something in soccer. They can be seen if they post game footage on youtube and so on. now theres a social network called Globekick.com
    where the concept is just like facebook, but with soccer. you upload a your footage there and create your personal player profile. now the catch is that globekick.com is supervised by a really good soccer management agency that represent players like Aaron Lennon, Aaron Ramsey and more, so if the player is good enough then they can contact the player. we think its a really good alternative for a player that really wants to achieve their dream.

i hope this helped and dont forget to check it out!

2. GVIS

GVIS New Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Technology also helps to young players to improve. My son uses you tube to learn about all the latest moves and dribbling skills. He also uses an app called Guruvi Soccer to track his own stats and to help him improve. He uses the same app to capture the stats of his favorite player (Ozil) and that gives him a clear benchmark to reach for.

3. maxman111

maxman111 New Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Oh really ..? Good idea men ..

4. blueger

blueger New Member

Feb 4, 2014
    There is a social network website for soccer players www.hasplayers.com (and a bunch of other sports) that lets helps you organize your games, record stats, and log workouts/practices. Connect with teammates and see their activities feed like facebook news feed.

5. K Bishop

K Bishop New Member

Jun 2, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think even just having a parent or coach video a kid can do wonders. I coach various sports and I try to film them when possible for not only my own coaching but to show them what's good and what needs improving. Some people just know what they need to work on, but most of us just need to see it to understand. I hate watching clips of myself playing sport (it's like when your teachers would read a paragraph of your essay out the the class...it's just embarassing). But after watching myself do a stupid move and it's caught on film, I never do it again.

I haven't heard of those links that you guys mentioned. I'll have to give them a look.

6. John Hall

John Hall New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Club:
    Wellington Phoenix
  7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Lindsey Nicole

Lindsey Nicole New Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Abha
    Media helps a lot in providing the useful knowledge about football to encourage kids.

9. Lindsey Nicole

Lindsey Nicole New Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Club:
    Abha
    Football is a very interesting sports and full of energy and encourage the kids to participate in it.

10. sarahgpw

sarahgpw New Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I completely agree that tech can really help kids these days. I've been working with some soccer players that use an app called GPW Training (made by a company called Go Pro Workouts). Basically the app customizes a soccer training program based on gender, age, skill level, etc. They work with USA players Christie Rampone and Jozy Altidore to develop the programs. They LOVE it!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gpw-training-custom-sport/id1018119934?ls=1&mt=8

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goproworkouts.gpwtraining&hl=en

11. ntoumert

ntoumert New Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Actually I think modern technology can help support the game much more. I read this article, which talks about how the MLS can get and keep millennials interested in soccer. While I don't know how that would work, I think a lot of the ideas mentioned are amazing and should be implemented across the board. I'm interested to see all the different ways that technology can impact the game, especially off the field!

12. opiklm yuimjh

opiklm yuimjh New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
  13. nayaki payaki

nayaki payaki New Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
  14. Jaha Wilder

Jaha Wilder New Member

Oct 22, 2016
    I have a non profit youth organization based in New York and Texas, USA. We use media art and technology which is an excellent tool for growing young people. One of the things we are doing to introduce soccer and other sports is making television shows allowing the youth to produce.

One of our fundraisers is a free sports app coming out soon. Be the first to get the app by supporting us by getting this exciting app. It will be all sports including soccer.

The app is called FireFan. https://www.firefan.com/?code=YJFIREFAN

Play along with celebs, athletes and friends around the world. Register at https://www.firefan.com/?code=YJFIREFAN

Watch the trailer at the link. Share the link and code with your friends.

Thanks for supporting youth through technology and sports! Be well everyone!

15. Susan D. Palmer

Susan D. Palmer New Member

Nov 4, 2016
    768 Kennedy Court Hyannis, MA 02601
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Technology and media can help young kids to find for their related interests. Such examples are in sports, education, and dreams in the future. Only if being guided by the parents well, then they could understand the use of the media and technology in their lives. Of course, there is still negative effects in the media and technology, but if the people are all concerns about their children, then they should do the discipline and guidance. Otherwise, if we will erase the technology and media in our lives, what do you think will happen to us? That's the though that we have many answers and mostly we don't want it to happen.