Pre-match: How Many Goals will England score against the USA in South Africa?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Lord_ofthe_TFC, Dec 17, 2009.

?

How many goals will England put past USA in WC 2010

Poll closed Jun 1, 2010.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Retribution begins the next time you meet, whether labeled friend or foe. It was satisfying to run Iran all over the field a year or so after the '98 debacle, it was satisfying to pummel Poland all over the field ever since 2002, and I'm sure that England found it satisfying to mercilessly clobber the USA, 6-3, in 1953, after the '50 WC debacle.
    If we aren't up for getting retribution against the Czechs, in a couple of weeks, then our RoboBobo really is a Sanchez of a motivator [RB may be a mediocrity, but at least he is no Sanchez].

2. lordantwarrior

lordantwarrior New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Pontefract, England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I must admit, it sure is satisfying to beat the Germans whether it is a friendly or not. And the Argies (the England 3-2 Argentina in 2005 was one of the most exciting matches I've seen as an England fan).

Still, you would have to give the Czechs some pasting to even up the score from 2006.

3. EruditeHobo

EruditeHobo Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was an innocuous statement, he's just looking forward to the match as I'm sure any player who was on the field in 2006 will be as well. Let's not miss the forest for the trees here boys.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Until you mentioned it now, I didn't even know those friendlies had been played. :eek:

5. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Bingo....as they were friendlies.....no-one much remembers those.

6. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    somehow, i doubt it. check this out:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article7119072.ece

plus, capello will not pick players who aint fit. Barry has not had a good season for Manchester City anyway but he is important for England in that he solved the lampard-gerrard problem for you guys. with him outta the picture now (admit it, he is, most of your media are sayin so), those problems will come back.

now people might say pick Carrick or Huddlestone - LOL, come on guys are you going to feel confident against Germany or Holland with these 2 playing in midfield? Even Manchester Utd fans don't rate Carrick and want him sold and Huddlestone looks too imobile.

Parker is another who has had a reasonable season but is not experienced. Milner is not suited to the role either. He plays in an attacking role and you are not getting the best out of him in this position.

So this leaves you guys the creek without a paddle.

with that, fabio capello has failed. He has not tried different player in the friendlies to see if there are alternatives. He played Upson against Egypt when he could have played Dawson. He didn't try Parker either and suddenly when when we have injuries he has nobody to turn to. He only played Baines because there was nobody else at left back.

Capello talks about playing players in form but he's just like all your previous England managers - all talk. and now he wants caragher and scholes out of retirement? LMFAO.

meanwhile, check out this article on the US roster:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/steve_davis/05/07/us.roster/index.html

we got key players coming back and if Buddle starts, you aint gotta hope in hell, man :D gooch is gettin healthy now, other players are comin back..hell, i even say OUR DEPTH IS BETTER THAN YOURS.

This, as well as havin been inspired by watching a youtube video on belo horizonte, i go as far to say i EXPECT us to beat you guys. yes, you heard it from me first - EXPECT. there is no way you can win now that barry will not make it to the world cup and your midfield mess with come back again. to beat england in their own game not once, but twice by a 'soccer ignorant' nation as Letterman puts it, will be hard for you guys to swallow, and i'm goin to love it :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYFl6oOad3E"]YouTube- USA vs England 1:0 (WM 1950 Brasilien)[/ame]

there is not one person on the US team or in the country that is afraid of playing you. We wanted you this year and we got you. England don't scare me as a soccer fan. can you imagine what it'd be like if you lose your first game, with all the overhyped players and manager you got? The pressure is all on England for this first match. If the US somehow pulls off a win or a tie, it will amount to an English national sports tragedy and there will be a subsequent meltdown after that game and the world will laugh at you louder than they already are. If the US loses, Americans here wont even notice. American soccer apathy has always played to their advantage in the World Cup. you will be under pressure, not us. you will not have played in south africa, we have. you have not got a strong winning mentality, we have. your players are not the same when they play for their country, unlike us who value country over club anyday of the week. with these in mind, i am confident of a US victory, and a national embarassment for your country. :D

7. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not even a good sock puppet.. Same wind-up... Fact is, the troll is an England supporter..

8. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Purple Ronnie?

9. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Very possible. Nobody would consistently rant off the same over the top crap. It's reverse-psychology..

10. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    i rather vote for obama than be one of your kind. i absolutely detest the english, their stupid accents and arrogance thinkin the world cup is practically theirs everytime when in fact they choke and get nowhere near it. and over the top crap? i don't think so, buddy. i like to read your version of events and what YOU think will happen on the day, pal, bearing in mind barry won't be playing and you have no real goalkeeper whereas we have one of the best in the WORLD.

11. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really? Best in the world? Lions has got you spot on mate.

12. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    whatever helps you limeys sleep at night.

13. Tony Dellbird

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it's more about helping you sleep at night.

14. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    england news

- barry out for a month and this means he will NOT make it to south africa because capelo wants fit dudes only and he is injured, therefore he will NOT go.

- rooney limped off injured in the last EPL game. a groin injury, and those are usually bad nomatter how much they deny it. he also failed to score again.

- hargraves gets ZERO gametime today means he will not be fit for selection.

- chelsea win by 8 meaning their players will be gettin tired.

- another sucky day for gerrard, clearly has no form that dude.

- there was no sign of glen johnson playing in the last EPL game

meanwhile, in the usa camp..

- another clean sheet for tim howard :D

- gooch gets his first start and finally some gametime so he'll be cool for the world cup game against england:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/05/08/onyewu.returns.ap/index.html

- landon donovan sets up goals in the galaxy's latest victory and buddle shows his continuing superior form by scoring again:
    http://sports.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mls/recap.asp?g=2010050825#

safe to say we're gettin better and better, at the right time and england the opposite :D

15. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Clueless sock puppet. First of all, Rooney took himself out of the game, precautionary. Has a full month of time to prepare.
    Laughable how you failed to mention :

Ashley Cole looked brilliant today, as did Ferdinand, Joe Cole.

Hargreaves was a long ahot to make the squad anyway, because of his injuries.

Lennon is back and playing well.

Barry should be ready to go as well..

Most importantly, all of these players have a full month to get prepared.

16. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Did you even watch Gerrard play today? Did you see how close he was to scoring today? Of course not, you must have missed his surging run and shot that hit the post or earlier shot that was just wide. Perhaps instead you were watching Dempsey get pwned 4-0 or Lampard score another?

Did you also miss another clean sheet for Terry, A Cole and Rio?

17. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Genuine question: Who is Gooch??? Which club does he play for?

18. three lions

three lions Member

Apr 2, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Fail....Gooch didn't even make the bench for the match from what I've read. of course you wouldn't know that being a closet England supporter on a wind up spree now would you.. I mean, seriously, at least post in the USA forum once and awhile. Odd that you have so much passion for the US team, and nary a post in their forum..

19. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    i post where i please, three kitties..and i hate england and i badly wanna beat them, i dont care about anythin after. the world sees your soccer nation as arrogant because you think you have a divine right to win the damn cup everytime when all you do is CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE..or fixing the tournament so that you win.

20. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    the USA should win the match against England. USA was the best team in the confederations cup which happened in Africa and even beat Spain, nearly Brasil.

England has a decent squad but they don't have near enough to be complacent against anyone. They haven't proven themselves against any strong teams. It's unbelievable to me that anyone would think they could waltz through the group. Capello at least has some common sense when the rest of England doesn't. You are not guaranteed advancement so you better play like it's your last game. Sorry, I like most England players but the team is way overrated in my honest opinion. Oh yeah, England can forget about hargreaves. don't forget WE paid for his rehab for 2yrs!

21. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    oguchi onyewu, ac milan

22. jcp97 redded

jcp97 redded Red Card

Apr 24, 2010
    the man who will stop the overrated little maggot rooney who has scored NOTHIN this month. meanwhile, terry and rio will not have heard of buddle and will get a shock come the world cup when this guy owns both of them on the pitch :D

23. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    He's an overrated center back who doesn't play for AC Milan...

24. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    That "best team" lost 3 games in the Confederations Cup....