Pre-match: How Many Goals will England score against the USA in South Africa?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Lord_ofthe_TFC, Dec 17, 2009.

?

How many goals will England put past USA in WC 2010

Poll closed Jun 1, 2010.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 10+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lord_ofthe_TFC

Lord_ofthe_TFC New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    1, 2,3...8,9,10? have a guess ..:D

2. A_Rob

A_Rob New Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    What about 0?

3. cool cat

cool cat New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Gillette Stadium
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    More than Canada will score in South Africa.

4. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    England will score one...an own goal by John "Cry Like a Virgin" Terry :D

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    much, much, much less than they would against Canada....

6. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  7. ghost101

ghost101 Member

Jul 5, 2009
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hmmmm. I'd guess 13.7

8. qwidgibo

qwidgibo New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Genève, Switzerland
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    At least 10

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think 3.......... it'll be a seven goal thriller ........ :D

10. DC Fan in Chatt

DC Fan in Chatt New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Chattanooga, TN
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i cant vote cause theres no zero option.

11. jetaman-redded

jetaman-redded Red Card

Dec 26, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    England will score only 1 goal.

12. SportsGuru

SportsGuru New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe they will score 2 goals.

13. Lord_ofthe_TFC

Lord_ofthe_TFC New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    England will have a field day and the match will be over by half time...reserves will play the 2nd half .

14. svetbg

svetbg New Member

May 25, 2006
    How can I re-vote. I miss understood the question :(

15. amkelly802

amkelly802 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    thats a joke.. it will be a good match, im looking forward to it. actually england was one of the top teams out of the 8 i wanted to play because i felt they and along with the likes of italy and south africa were the three weakest of the first 8 drawn. anyway, im hoping for a win for USA but more realistically a draw

16. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

You guys better prepare for the worst then.. because it could quite easily be all over at half time..

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks for your input, but I think we're all already pretty clear on the average Englishman's opinion of the England team before every world cup kicks-off.

18. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Really? I haven't met one Englishman that has said England are going to win the world cup this year, and I live in England. I also haven't seen any posts on here saying that either. Unless you read The Sun? because that is not the opinion of an average Englishman.

I was just saying that he shouldn't be too quick to put down the suggestion that the game will be over by half time, because it's a very realistic situation. I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but the difference in talent is huge.

19. amkelly802

amkelly802 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i dont think any games in the world cup are decided by half time.. unless youre talking about the germany v saudi arabia game... 8-0 in 02'

20. amkelly802

amkelly802 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You have no respect for anything, and people like you dont deserve respect either. youre just a bitter person who brings nothing good to this world. seriously consider your lack of knowledge and your pure ignorance of this situation before you speak again. soccer and stuff that happened where people have died is nothing to mix.

here we are again with being bitter. youre just an angry person who feels he needs to take it out on another country because his country underperforms every four years.. well every two if you count the euros. youll get over it some day.

as for taking the tournament seriously lets take a look...

Spain squad: Casillas, albiol, pique, puyol, villa, xavi, torres, fabregas, xabi alonso, ramos, silva to name a few.. doesnt look like many different players that will be playing in the world cup

Brazil squad: julio cesar, maicon, lucio, luis fabiano, kaka, robinho, dani alves, pato.. once again probably not much different of a squad we will see in the world cup

italy squad: buffon, santon, chiellini, gattuso, de rossi, gilardino, camoranesi, rossi, zambrotta, montolivo, pirlo... same as the other two teams

any team in any tournament is going to take the game seriously... do your research before you speak you amatuer. if youve ever played soccer, you know that friendly games arent even friendly sometimes.. as opposed to a tournament. so take your mickey mouse team and keep wishing on a star that you guys will one day win during your life time

21. Pyros

Pyros Member

Sep 6, 2009
    La Coruña
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You're going to get banned very soon, thankfully. BTW, who I am supposed to be a compatriot of?

22. amkelly802

amkelly802 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    "And we've already beaten your sorry arses twice this decade with half-arsed performances."

Thats exactly the problem with you pre-madonnas. You put in half asses performances which is why you never win anything, and you couldnt even qualify for the Euros. You must have sat in a bar for the whole month crying wishing you were there. Poor CHILD, but probably according to you the Euros mean nothing as well because you werent in the tournament hahaha. Also you beat us 2-0 at Wembley, big deal we fielded a team consisting of:
    Tim Howard- will be there
    Cherundolo- will be there
    Gooch- Should be there
    Bocanegra- Will be there
    Heath Pearce- who?
    Dempsey- should be there
    Clark- replaced by jermaine jones
    Bradley- will be there
    Beasley- dont even get me started... useless
    Johnson- Replaced by Altidore
    Wolff- ummm no

No donovan at all

As opposed to the england side which fielded
    James- all england gk suck
    Brown- weak
    Terry- be there
    Cole- be there
    Ferdinand- be there
    Beckham-be there
    Hargreaves- wont be there
    Lampard- be there
    Gerrard- be there
    Defoe- be there
    Rooney- be there

an american midfield and offense that has been totally changed as opposed to an england team who really wont be changed at all. excuse me.. glen johnson for wes brown.. what a joke

23. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Don't really think that you have much to laugh about.. Wes Brown is 10x better than any USA right back and is a 2xCL winner, something even your best players will never be.

Half of our team that played you last time will be on the bench, another fail, and that was only our 2nd home game after recovering from the Mcclaren era. Even if you have changed a few players in your team, it makes no difference. You really think that players like Altidore coming in is a big improvement? how many goals has he scored this season? Donovan would be lucky to make the England squad, so you can't really be laughing at any of our players.

24. amkelly802

amkelly802 New Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan

lets be honest wes brown is certainly not 10x better than any right back in the US squad. Hes not even quality and the champions league wins youre talking about.. the first one in 98/99 he made four appearances, including one as a sub. you can hardly count that.

Exactly what half of the team will be on the bench?

Altidore is 20 by the way so he has some maturing to do. Im not denying that england have a more skilled squad, but for you to say it could be over at half time i think is absurd..

and actually to be quite honest with you, your back line and keeper are something to laugh at and might be the main reason england will not win the cup. lets be honest, terry playing like shit.. rio, enough said.. your RB position.. whoever it may be, lets say glen johnson not quality.. the only one that seems consistent is Ashley Cole. And your GK is just a mess

25. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A CL medal is a CL medal. 10X was obviously an exaggeration, but Brown is still better than any US RB by quite a distance. Beckham will not start, Lennon will. Defoe does not start, Brown does not start, and it is unlikely that Hargreaves will start. Even Joe Hart might start over James.

And you think our back line is a joke? well that's funny seeing as it currently consists of the best LB in the world and 2 of the best CBs in the world. Ferdinand has been out for ages and playing with an injury, when he comes back and returns to form he is either #1 or #2 CB in the world. Terry playing like shit? Where the hell did you get that from? He is in fine form for both Chelsea and England.. Glen Johnson can be suspect, but is good enough, and offers a lot in attack. As I said earlier, our GK situation is not a mess, as we could field Joe Hart who is currently the best GK in current form in the PL.

I never said that it will be over at half time, but that it is not out of the realms of possibility. USA are not much better than Slovakia who we thumped last year, and are definately not better than Croatia who lost by 9-2 overall in our 2 games against them. I don't think that is being absurd..