How Far Will You Go?

Discussion in 'Referee' started by Sam_C, Oct 19, 2018.

1. DefRef

DefRef Member

Jul 3, 2017
    Storrs CT
    We are paid by each school, or by the state for the tech schools. Some are fast and some are slow. By this time of the season, there might be a check in the mail box as often as a couple times a week.

A few schools just adopted this RefPay/Arbiter system. I recently did a middle school game at one of those schools. The game started at 3:45. I checked the web site when I got home and noticed that I was paid at 3:48. That was probably kickoff time.

I dunno, but 3 minutes might be a record for fastest pay (not by cash, of course).

seattlebeach repped this.
  2. tomek75

tomek75 Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is one D1 college in my area that usually gets money deposited into our RefPay account on the way to the venue. It is usually a 2 hour drive.

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did a two day tournament. I received my check for the weekend before I got my whistle out for the first game. That makes it 24+ hours early payment for the last game.

4. Sam_C

Sam_C Member

Manchester City
    Brazil
    Jun 19, 2018
    This doesn't warrant its own thread and there wasn't an obvious place to post it so it's going here: I just finished the annual test 49/50 and the only thing keeping me from 100% was this bugger.
    49_50.JPG
    Am I being stupid, or is this question ridiculous? If it's outside the penalty area and it EMPHASIZES that point, how is it a penalty kick?

5. Geko

Geko Member

Sacremento Geckos
    United States
    May 25, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that makes sense to me is that they messed up the question, but they meant to ask as if it was off the field of play, so the closest part of the field would be the PA.

6. fairplayforlife

fairplayforlife Member+

Mar 23, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is so much irony in this question because a lot of refs have a bad habit of spotting fouls that are just INSIDE the area as being outside.

7. RespectTheGame

May 6, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Just another example of how anyone involved with writing soccer law or test questions has not passed them to an editor with any actual training in the English language... The answer they claim is correct is obviously wrong.

:mad:

8. socal lurker

socal lurker Member+

May 30, 2009
    I don't think this has anything to do with poor question writing. This is a very clear question. This looks like nothing more than a transcription error on the key.

Law5 repped this.
  9. RespectTheGame

May 6, 2013
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Even less acceptable.