How far will the US advance in WC2006?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by BigSoccer, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Legia_az_do_smierci

Legia_az_do_smierci New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    ill just cut the discussion here and tell you - wait and see.

p.s. omg i hope we get drawn together. you need to be taught a lesson :)

2. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pfft...
    Let's do some anylyzing, shall we? I'll take care of the US, and you guys can do Poland, since I don't know who plays for them. Other people add, cause I'm just doing this from recent memory.

Attackers: Beasley- Fast break runner who can explode when you least expect it.
    Donovan- This is a great big DUH.
    McBride- He can head things in like nobodies business.
    Reyna- Another great big DUH.

Defenders: Mastroeni, Hejduk, Conrad- Other than Conrad, been to the WC often, very experienced, and Conrad is the young blood.
    I soooooo wish that Preki hadn't retired... it would have been awesome to have him play in one last World Cup.

3. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    whats a DUH? you really think the players you listed are extraoridnary?

4. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I suppose that I do, sir. Yes sirree, I do believe so.

Weeelllll, on a world scale, no. None of them would have a place on Engalnds national team. Or yours, probably. But like I said, I am anylyzing my team FOR you. Your turn. :eek:

5. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    ok, here we go...

GK -artur boruc (celtic) - great young keeper, first choice, just ask on the celtic board, jerzy dudek (liverpool) - remeber the last CL final?

D - definetly our weakest formation - arkadiusz bak (al- rayaan) experienced full back after a long career in france (lyon, lens) playing in quatar from this summer, tomasz klos (wisla krakow) also an experienced full back playing for the current national champions, watch for his headeres, michal zewlakow (anderlecht) decent right back, marcin baszczynski (wisla krakow) quite good right back, good in offensive play as well, tomasz rzasa (den haag) i dont know why our coach keeps picking him we have better left backs, mariusz lewandowski (shakhtar donetsk) solid central defender, dont know why they put him as a def. midfielder

M - hmmm who to start with - miroslaw szymkowiak (trabzonspor) currently injured but probably our best offensive midfielder, powerful and accurate shot, speed and hes a warrior, jacek krzynowek (bayer leverkusen) left wing, maybe he aint preety but thats another warrior. fast with a powerful shot. kamil kosowski (suothampton) probably first choice on right wing (after the last smolarek's performance as a striker) seeking form from the past but still a good winger, radoslaw sobolewski (wisla krakow but only until january) very good defensive midfielder. anticipation, powerful shot, another warrior, works well with szymkowiak

A - maciej zurawski (celtic) - fast, skilfull striker who can score from any position one of the best polish players currently. tomasz frankowski (elche) small but fast and with a good technique. works great with zurawski since they played together in poland for a few years. euzebiusz smolarek (borussia dortmund) - he played right midfield in the NT but plays a striker at his club and will for the NT after recent performances. another warrior. fast, very good technique, finds himself well in the penalty area, one of the best in the team. last but not least grzegorz rasiak (tottenham) people in poland make fun about him, about his ball control but somehow (i dont know how) he was one of the best players in the english championship and drew attention of the tottenham manager. didnt get his in the premier league yet. big guy, slow but somehow (i dont know how either) he scores in the NT. nice heading.

thats the core of the team with many good or promising players aspiring for the place in germany too like andrzej niedzielan (nec nijmigen) emmanuel olisadebe (panathinaikos) p.s. remeber him? he scored two goals against you in korea as far as i remember ;) etc

ask if you dont understand something and remember that english is not my first language. cheers

6. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your english is fine, and WHOA! was that nice.

Still, either way, it comes down to 11 men on a green field. I think we'd pull it off now, but, then again, like you said, Korea.

Good luck to you all! :D

7. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    yep, exactly, talking whos better isnt good. well see in germany :) good luck anyway :D

8. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I would say the highest they could go would be quarter finals.
    if they get semi finals it would be phenomanal for usa team.

9. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    People that say that Americans overrate the US team usually don't understand the American style of talking smack. In the US, you have to say that you are confident you can beat every team. If you really get down to talking with a football-knowledgeable American when you're not talking smack on a message board, I think you'd find most of us have a pretty reasonable idea of where the team stands. Honest-- we do know we can't beat European sides in Europe and we'll need a bit of luck to get out of the group stage.

Similarly, if you sit down with an Englishman, he'll tell you again and again how much his team sucks, how it's awful, how England can never do anything right. But start asking him questions about which teams are better than his team. Argentina? (No, we beat them in the last WC). Germany? (Well, it's really a young team, isn't it?) Italy? (Poor, aren't they?) Spain? (Well, what has Spain ever won?) the Netherlands? (Lovely footballers, but I'd still favour England), France? (They have fallen off, haven't they?) Brazil? (Oh, Ronaldinho's goal was even a shot, was it?) You'll end up with a truer picture of what they think of their team.

10. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    ok now i get it, still dont understand the americans though :)

11. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    sorry cant edit again: why do you HAVE to? what happens if your normal?

12. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure if you know this or not, but Chicago, Il. has the largest population of Poles in the World behind Warsaw. This is evident every Pulaski day here.

That match was pretty much an away game for the US in terms of fans.

13. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Ah I dunno. Why are the English modest? Why do Poles drink so much? In the US, talking smack is really part of the culture. I've noticed that, when I start saying the same sorts of things outside the US, people actually take it seriously. I think you have to view it as being mostly playful. If an American were as modest about your team as the English are, people would think that they didn't really care about it.

That said, there are a few idiots who absolutely do overrate the US.

14. eu sou mim-nada mais

Nov 13, 2005
    SB d'Oeste,Sao Paulo
    why do you Dutch go after the Portuguese so much...is it because you knwo they are better and you have to beat them some way...becuase that is what i think...anyway...realistically...USA to quarters...i hope they beat the Dutch and te Argentinians though, no one will miss them...

15. Legia_az_do_smierci

Jan 30, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland

hahahah chicago an away game for the us? stop joking :rolleyes: i know how many poles live there but it still is f**** chicago :rolleyes:

16. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shows how little you know. :rolleyes:

17. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    I love how every one says the US can't beat Brazil, Italy, England, etc. Well freakin a, you gotta start some time, don't ya?? What if 2002 was the turn of the tables for us? Why do we have to be written off all the time? Seriously. Maybe if Italy, France, and Argentina didn't have such cocky attitudes about how godly they are, maybe they would have done a tad bit better. Don't give me any of that South Korea rigged crap either. I rooted for my Italian heritage, and they deserved to lose after playing the way they did.

18. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Oh, and American smack talk? It's called pride. Maybe if these cocky teams had some and care a tad bit less about the money, maybe they'd win a few more WC games.

19. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    It's a little bit more than pride-- every fan has some pride. American smack talk is 1/2 happily saying you'll crush a team you know is ten times better than you and another 1/2 not being afraid of supporting your team even though they'll likely lose.

After spending most of my adult life outside the US, I promise you that not everyone finds those ideas rational or normal. And you see those same people here on BS confused because American fans are so high on their team and talking so much sh!t even though we haven't won anything yet.

20. t.z0n3

t.z0n3 New Member

Oct 14, 2005
    Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normal? That IS normal. Talking smack is... like... I dunno... having a beer maybe. I dont drink, so I don't know... :D

21. Metros Striker10

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Okay, you win. Because of that, I'm not going to watch the World Cup. Geez! What fun is there in watching it if your team "won't win it all." Seriously..what a loser mentality. You play to win the game. I don't care if it's T&T or Brazil, I expect I win every game and will be pissed at every loss. Sorry, but I have faith in my team. Maybe because of some faith, you'll get to actually watch a nice turnout like in 2002.

22. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Well Metros, I'm American, so I talk sh!t and expect that my team will win every game. All I'm trying to do is explain to someone who isn't from our culture why we are that way, even though we're hardly a lock to get out of the group stage.

Personally, I think you're a p***y if you're so afraid of being wrong that you won't talk up your team. But I have many English friends who just don't get that and wonder how I could be so arrogant.

23. Soccer_Not_Football

Soccer_Not_Football New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Why aint winners on this poll? we're won of the best teams in the world, better than everyone but Brazil (only a bit worse than Brazil mind you) in a few years we'll be the best team in the world and dominate soccer

US is gonna show you eurosnobs how great we really are :mad:

24. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    So, how's the weather in "San Diego"?

25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team: