How far will the Mexican clubs go in Libertadores ?? [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by ElDivino, Jan 17, 2006.

1. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: How far will the Mexican clubs go in Libertadores ??

Damn thats alot of players. These kids better thank O. Cordoba, Bermudez, Chicho Serna and Yepes for having Boca and River look their way to "snatch" them up from their very unhappy, i'm sure, colombian teams.

2. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You forgot to mention that they had just played germany for 120 minutes in the confederations cup, and caught a midnight flight back to guadalajara to play the second leg against a paranaense team that was already up cuz of missing players... Bopper is right, you say a lot of things but do not mention call up factors. Very misleading, your posts are more bitter than they are informative. If you hate mexican club teams so much i'm sure there is a thread in world rivalries where you can find others that feel the same way. Maybe MLS fans...

3. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Another word for factor is excuses.

There's no excuse for a mejicano team not winning shiat after 9 years playing South American competitions. In those 9 years Cienciano of Peru has won one of them, and lets not forget La Recopa against Boca. And with the millions of dollars that go through mejicano clubs and only a few thousand of dollars for Cienciano, there's just no excuse whatsoever.

Keep crying foul mejicanito...

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

yeap! the connection is terrific, and the money they make after the adaptation to european kind of futbol is Great! remember amaranto perea and Juan pablo angel (only colombian to get titulo de goleador en torneo argentino)..... that is one of the reasons why colombias get tick as new talent goes to mexico....is either citizenship or back to colombia, without the bridge to largest clubs in Euro ligas.

5. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Hell no.. Those argentine players are lost. Chelito delgado "WAS" good but hopefully he will not get called up for the NT. Mexico is not a springboard to europe.. Look at what happened to Luciano Figueroa!! What a waste of talent. Europeans don't look highly at buying players that play in the Mexican league.. The argentine league is much better quality.. What else can explain that a local player can play in any league in the world with only a couple games to get used to it? Plain and simple.. Players that are ready to retire, not good enough for Europe and the occasional "Chelito" go to Mexico. Did anyone see that Velez - America game and watched El Piojo? No way claudio Lopez would make in argentina.. No Way..

I think brazilian or colombian club will win the next copa Libertadores.

6. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

The whole team?

Naahhhhh, only 3 players. Sanchez and Salcido played 120 minutes and Medina came out of the bench against Germany.

I give you the long trip....

I love how Mexies twist the facts, and then call the others misleading....:rolleyes: .....

Besides if you have to blame somebody, blame Lavolpe and the FMF for calling players and threatening to ban them for life if they did not go to Germany...

On the actual topic of the thread I think that Mexican teams are OK and I guess that at least one of them will make it to the quarterfinals, maybe even semifinals, but do not expect a show like last year, the field look pretty strong this time...

7. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Indeed.

Once you go to mejico, you're fvcked. Camoranesi incidents are very rare.

The thinking in Peru is that once you go to mejico there's only coming back or try to stay in mejico as long as possible to make $$$. The only way you're going to succeed beyond the Peruvian league is to either go to argentina or brazil first, then to europe. But like recent players have done, Pizarro, Farfan and Guerrero, they have gone straight to europe and have made names of themselves. There's no springboard factor whatsoever in mejico. You will be seen by euro eyes only if you're playing in argentina or brazil, simple as that.

Chorri Palacio's case was one of them. A player that was bound for greatness and was headed there, only to be stagnated by the mejicano league where his level of play dropped severely. Alot had to do with bad luck also because at one point he was loaned out of Cruzeiro of Brazil after having played his first year in mejico, Cruzeiro were so happy with him that they offered to buy him outright. Dirty fvcking mejicanos (Cruz Azul at that time I think) priced him at $4.5 million dollars! Of course Cruzeiro couldn't pay that... so Chorri went back to mejico and that was the end of him. But even after all these years of bad futbol, he's somewhat come a back a bit, even for his age, he's playing alot better futbol at ecuador's LDU than he ever did in mejico. So much so that he's been voted best foreigner of the ecuadorian league for last year. But to think how great he could've been... just brings tears to my eyes... all wasted, in the land of the mejicanitos.

8. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

And Mexicans have the nerve to say they are par with Argentina and the Brazilian league... Mexico is a dead end for upcoming south american footballers. Remember Alex Aguinaga from Ecuador??? Ac Milan wanted him when he was just starting out.. Great player.. best foreigner Mexico has ever seen but what a waste of talent in that league.

9. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Wow, There is sure lots of resentment against Mexico! Maybe the FMF should just pull out of South America all together.

10. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

oh...the Humanity !!!

11. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

so much hate !!!!!

12. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

******** Europe and your springboard status.

who's riding stranger c0ck now argentine futbol?

The goal of the mexican league is to be a destination league not a springboard to europe.

Prediction: Guadalajara and UANL play either the final or one of the semifinals.

13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Who's riding? WTF are you talking about Idiot? The fact that Tevez and Mascherano alone are worth more than CHivas is pathetic.. Get over it..The goal of the Mexican league to be a destination league? Yeah For footballer who are not good enough for europe or are getting ready to retire. Face the music!!!

Prediction: No mexican clubs leave the first round.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Who he fvck would want to live in Mexico anyways? Even if the money was the same as in Europe you don't have to worry about carjackings, kidnapping and the rest of the bvll that comes with living in Mejico!!

15. Piedraias

Piedraias Member+

Feb 27, 2005
    Califas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

really? :D

chucle.

put your lana where your mouth is. i say all mexican teams pass the first round you say none do. bet a one year subscription to BS.

let's go crazy.

16. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

But they also have carjackings and kidnapping in Argentina! :confused:
    Well, I guess you would't know anything about that.

17. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Wow whats with all the hate?

Take it to World Rivalries, this is about how far a Mexican team can go.. ill say quarters

18. crazyman

crazyman Member

Jan 3, 2006
    WestCoast
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

and says who???
    th safest country in the world?????????:D

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I been to Buenos Aires

it used to be pretty safe, its not the case anymore.. but then again i havent been there for 5 years so i cant really say how it is now but i dont think it changed much in 5 years, and i never been to Mexico City so i cant judge the safety there either, from what i hear its somewhere in between, probably about the same as Buenos Aires.

But then again once you been to Rio, pretty much anywhere else in the world would be considered safe :D

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

omg... maraoverdose.. that was sooooo hilarious.. hahahahahha! :rolleyes:

21. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Is Rio that unsafe? I've heard stories, and in a big city they aren't uncommon, but, is it really that bad?

I want to go to Rio, experience it for a day or so.

22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Good point.

23. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

Thank you Latin Pride....cant we stay on topic fellas ??

24. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

may be you will bet your avatar to argentine futbol on the games colo-colo vs chivas?
    put your mouth where the avatar is!

25. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

Excellent suggestion efernandez9 !!!