How far will the Mexican clubs go in Libertadores ?? [R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by ElDivino, Jan 17, 2006.

1. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Seeing how Chivas reached the semi's (beating out Boca jr)...and Tigres made the quarter's (beating out Once Caldas)..how do u think the Mexican clubs will do this year ??? Obviously Tigres has the most diffuclt group this yr..but Chivas group is very accessible..same goes for Pumas...but i feel at least 2 teams will make the second round.

2. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Re: How far will the Mexican clubs go in Libertadores ??

I'm gonna ask the same question but in reverse. Which Mexican club will be the first to cry and scream foul play (read: get eliminated because they suck)?

Personally, I see Colo Colo advancing. If not, Pumas is the first to go. Tigres is the less sucky of the three in my opinion, round of 16 for them.

3. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

They won't make it to quarterfinals

4. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

LOL!!!!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing!!

5. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

oooh..harsh..:rolleyes:

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

tigres tiene buena banca para aguantar 2 torneos?

si les falla el portero o el negrito defensa o el argentino que hace goles que pueden hacer en copa?

7. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I was reading recently something someone else (other forum) posted about Mexican/South American Teams, and he was talking about how Mexican teams are buying players from South America left and right, and that yes it was a matter of time a Mexican team would win the cup. But he was also talking about how much south american teams in general have dropped their level, because they keep selling players to Mexico and Europe.

So its all relative, Mexican teams seem to be improving, while S.A. keep dropping their level because of the constant selling of their players, There are some exceptions, but most clubs aren't the same clubs from 2005.

When will this debate end? Who knows, a lot of emotions are involved here, Mexicans will say they are better, we will say they are not........One thing is for certain, globalization is certainly changing the fútbol scene.

8. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

Surely a poster as intelligent as you can discuss this topic without resorting to insults.

In other words, knock it off.

9. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil

Yeah, probably Mexican't clubs have better roster$$$ right now, but as a whole, which region has the better players? See how many naturalized guys they're calling to their "Tri" and you've got your answer.

Of course someone will come and talk how Chivas reached the semis with all Mexicans. Semi in which they were ass raped by Paranaense, who were ass raped as well by Sao Paulo in the final.

And please stop mentioning the Confederations Cup, if you want to blame someone, blame your own Federation and your national coach.

10. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil

This message was brought to you by Tecate.

11. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Please everyone knows that Chivas team had 4 or 5 starters missing for that game, because they were playing for El Tri. That team had what it takes to win it all. No excuses, but to mention the ass raping and not the call-up factor is a bit misleading.

12. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

I sense alot of hate towards the Mexican clubs..why is that i wonder ? Why can't u guys just recognize the fact the Mexcian clubs are starting to make a huge impact in this tourney? Many will say that it is because of all the S.A's we bring..but i tell u its not !!. The Mexican league has its own style of play...the foreigners are forced to adapt..not the other way around..just like it is with every other league. And its the Mexican style of play that wins these matches..not the extranjeros (although they do help.. just like in every other league ) that win it for us. I guess Mexican clubs will never be looked on as equals compared to the other South American clubs..which is to bad..because we are going to have to force u to respect us !!!!:D :D

13. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil

:rolleyes: Here we go again.

Chivas played with their starters in the second leg at home and still they couldn't win. That Paranaense was just a better futbol team.

14. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What do you mean Starting to make an impact? Mexicans are going on their 9th year in the Copa Liberatodores. Paraguay and Colombia have won the Tournament since than. I don't really care if a Mexican club wins it.. So what? Just the fact the ALL of our best talents play in Europe and mexico still has a tough time winning any tournament is telling you something. I mean seriously, mexico expects to come down and improve their futbol against us but the fact is that you are playing against alot of youth and players that are good but nothing special. Mexico have all their best players plus very good foreigners, some even are naturalized.. I'm shocked mexico hasn't won it yet.

15. El_Maestro

El_Maestro Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Planet Earth
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil

Yeah, foreigners adapt, thrive, become team leaders and get called to the Mexican national team.

Oh, and have you noticed that the only Mexican league veterans who succeed in Europe are Southamericans? Pizzi and Camoranesi anyone? Marquez is just an oddity, if you don't believe me ask Blanco, Torrado, Palencia, Borgetti, etc.

16. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

Shocked ?....u shocked?..wow !!! so i take it your rooting for a Mexican club huh ?? 9yrs is a long time already..your right..but nobody from South America seems to take notice...so yes ..starting to make an impact is correct !!! And i didnt kno that marcelo delgado,duck mamondanzieri,Rogeiro Ceni,Cata Dias,and other players i cant remember right now were in a youth squad....wow !!! i would have never guessed !!!!!!!!!!:D :D

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

viste el river de ayer?

fueron puros PIBES!

18. peruytu

peruytu Member

Jan 19, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Universitario de Deportes
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

Yeah, and some other colombian kid that made his debut with River. How many colombians does River have?

19. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

lol...the game was great!! Ahumada and Montenegro destroyed boca !! Not as bad as the Chivas did..but it was pretty bad.

20. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I didn't say I was rooting for a Mexican Club. Its just a fact that Mexican haven't won. What more do you need? Brazilian and Argentines great footballers don't even play in our leagues. All those player you mentioned are on their last gasp. Our players don't peak in our leagues. They peak in Europe. It's a straight fact. How many players do we have in Europe? Over 100? Enough to fill at least 7 full squad.. WOW is right!!

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

What are you doing watching our games? I personally can't stomach to watch Mexican futbol. I tried once for 5 minutes.. once.. My god!

22. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

LOL !!!...excruciating isnt ?..only to people who dont like football...i take it ur not to fond of our sport ?:cool:

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Its horrible.. You call that football? I'm dead serious.. I can't watch it. I can watch Colombian, Brazilian and the main league in Europe but I can't sit down and watch a 90 minute game between two mexican clubs. Toluca needs to pay Gallego another million because That clubs has nothing on Argentine clubs that gallego has coached.. No tactical or technical discipline what so ever..My god.. Why would anyone from Argentina, Brazil or Colombia watch mexican futbol? You have a better chance at a european sitting down and watching your futbol..

24. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

I respect ur opinion..but i cant help but think it isnt because of the quality..but because of ur hate..that u cant watch Mexican football. And i happen to kno Colombians from Colombia..and Argentinos that follow Mexican football passionatley..(dont have any Brasilian friends tho ) sometimes i cant stand watching Argie soccer either (i can name a few reasons why, but will choose not to in order to stay on topic ) but i respect it nonetheless.

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

do you mean that you donot look for chelito and peryra games with choronta Restrepo in +axul? I do! Now there is a kid in monterrey I will like to follow his development near Cholo Navia. Rodallega from la sub20.

peruytu: colombia has Juancarlos Toja and radamel Garcia from la sub20 with river, plus patiño (former dept cali)
    boca also had fredy guarin from la sub20, playing his second clasico de verano (preseason dude...preseason) next to el bogotano Vargas.