How do you deal with poor results?

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by Roma_NY, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just throwing out a general question after another frustrating game today. How do you personally deal with poor results? Does it ruin the rest of your day? Week? Are you able to get over it quickly and look forward to the next game? Do you have any methods for cheering yourself up?

2. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Get over it quickly. I've learned how to not get mad over losses via the Redskins.

3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I try to realise that our season is already over. It does ease the pain. Scudetto and Coppa Italia are gone. We're out of the CL. And I really doubt we have what it takes to win EL. Just like last season, our objective is to secure 2nd place, which means we haven't made any progress at all. Another season without a trophy. Looking forward to july when we make a new, fresh start.

Yes.
    No.

Midfield General repped this.
  4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I sleep.

Iturbae and Midfield General repped this.
  5. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a drink or two and go about hating on other teams.

Wolfbeatseagle repped this.
  6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watch a comedy. And by comedy I mean highlights of Napoli's latest game.

7. GamE_Ove12

GamE_Ove12 Member+

Jul 7, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Since I don't know any Roma fans in real life I vent on internet forums (I am sure that's obvious by now). If it is a big loss I ran or play video games. Ruins my day for sure. Sometime my week depending on how big of a game it is. However it reaches a point that you are numb and don't care anymore. I am at this stage currently and already looking for next season.

romanista8910 repped this.
  8. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    I'm a bills fan so i'm used to it. I usually just squeeze one out after.

9. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It usuall takes me few hours or until the end of the day to get over it. If someone annoys me with his oppions about the match it make take longer. I don't mean annoy me by sporting me for a loss, that doesn't bother me, but if I think the referees ********ed us and the other person says nothing like that happened - then sometimes I get pissed by it. But nothing special.

I am working from home on different business of mine, so I have pretty flexible work schedule. I can always read a book, listen to some music, play a video game or watch tv series/movie to relax myself, or pour myself a drink( whiskey, beer, whine, coffee, tea - depends on the hour and my mood) and do some work. I am usually too busy doing things or relaxing and entertaining myself in order to be angry about a single result for too long. And when some friend tries to mock me after a bad match, I usually have enough things to say about his team to make him shut up and back up, so there's that.

But most importantly - I think not having a girlfriend at the moment really helps me a lot in dealing with dissapointing results. There is only as much annoyance a man can take in a day, and being annoyed by your girl and Roma in the same day was something I really hated back in the days.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Can't beat a good anger wank.

romanista8910, Haakon24, Andreas and 2 others repped this.
  11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I checked out after the Bayern game. I knew what was coming.

Generic Roma Supporter repped this.
  12. Big Bad Wolf

Big Bad Wolf Member+

Dec 17, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I usually let it go quickly and look forward to the next game with renewed optimism.

What annoys me more than the results is the fact that we are not very watchable at the moment (and haven't been for quite some time now). For a neutral observer who is struggling to get some sleep I would prescribe some viewing of a Roma match. We dont create enough good scoring opportunities in games to be considered even remotely entertaining.

Perhaps the upcoming EL tie will be more entertaining.

13. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i normally do things like throw the remote control through the tv. then i get really pissed that my tv's broke which takes my mind off roma losing, then i go spend a lot of money on a new tv, and spending money on awesome things makes me feel better... so it kinda works!

14. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Terrible visuals.

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

La Magica repped this.
  15. Iturbae

Iturbae Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    All my teams suck so Ive become numb to it. I used to get mad and id go workout or run though

16. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    You must spend $50,000 a year on tvs.

17. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    which is why roma needs to turn this shite around post haste

Sal, La Magica, Huwaidee and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Like all die hard Romanistas I go to Internet forums and try to find more news or something positive to take from the match. Supporting Roma is a disease that is easy to catch, but difficult to heal from.

19. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    kinda checked out after the Juve game. felt the same way.

20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch other sports. Preferably ones that don't have teams. It's probably why I like MMA and tennis to a much lesser degree. It's a nice break from having to root for any of my crappy teams I'm locked in for.

21. Barilla

Barilla Member

May 17, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I play Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, and slay as many archers as I can. Because archers are cowards.

22. Iturbae

Iturbae Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I love boxing and tennis, for the same reasons. I can just enjoy the sport without rooting for anyone (but thats only because I actually compete in both of them and can appreciate what it takes to be good). Although when Rafa and Floyd play/fight I always am emotionally invested. The good thing is im very rarely/never let down when watching them.

23. Iturbae

Iturbae Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Tbh I have had a more enjoyable experience rooting for Palermo (where my parents were born) over the years than rooting for Roma. You can just be happy with a good performance or a win over a rival or big club. You never get pissed off at not winning trophies.

Not gonna stop rooting for Roma, just saying its kinda cool to watch the game without expectations and have fun doing it instead of getting mad when the best possible results isnt always achieved.

24. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    For me the annoyance from Roma's fails was never about the trophies. It's more like you know the team can do better and your opponent ( for the Scudetto or for the CL 1/4 or 1/2 final) isn't better than you or at least - it's beatable if you do the right things. But somehow we always manage to fail doing so, sometimes even with epic fail.

It's the difference between potential and actual results that annoys me, because we always fail to convert the first into something meaningful. About the trophies... I have became Roma fan exactly 2000th year after the EURO 2000 and Totti's perfect performance there. But back then I wasn't following the sport or the team especially hard, I started to do it few years later.

So for the time I am really following Roma we've won few Coppa Italia and one Super Coppa Italia. Nothing that would get you used to winning and be pissed off when you aren't Scudetto holder at the end of the season. But the potential which we waste every season - that's the part I get angry about.

Roma never goes the extra mile. I mean - it's impossible to fail by so little margin every single time, but we somehow manage it.

Most of the seasons I have followed Roma we were playing great but our results were shit or not good enough.

And then comes Ranieri and the team starts playing like shit, but fights for the Scudetto.

Moral of the story - with Roma you just can't have everything. Or at least this was the tradition so far.

25. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this point, what's another year without any silverware?

Giallorossi_10, shiboboo and Salmeen10 repped this.