How did the media respond to the RSL season opener?

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by yellowbismark, Apr 6, 2005.

1. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The buildup from the local media has been fantastic, but I haven't heard much talk after the game vs the Metros. It's unfortunate that the people of Utah treated to a televised 0-0 tie at an empty stadium--of course, the weather was very nasty and no doubt it is mostly to blame...but, has there been any negativity from the media in response to their first tastes of MLS?

[​IMG]

I certainly hope the next game vs LA will be on TV, because a beautiful, mostly packed soccer stadium will look good and hopefully the game is good too (I missed the first one, so I don't know how good or bad it was) and would help greatly to restore positive impressions of MLS. It would also make sense for RSL to find a way to get this game on TV in SL if they are gunning for a soccer stadium of their own..

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the local coverage was good. They complained about the weather, but they were hopeful for better games in the future.

3. marsz-marsz

marsz-marsz New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Tristan da Cunha
    There was some of the ususal lame "I'm still waiting for someone to score" banter on one radio morning show (1280 the zone for those interested), but it was light and brief. About an hour later they interviewed coach Ellinger which I see as a good sign. I saw a nice interview with D. J. Countess, (who had the most interesting highlights) on KSL TV Sunday night.

I think it's been mostly good, but they certainly aren't still talking about it on sports radio.

4. Czar Pazzo

Czar Pazzo Member

Jul 25, 2003
    The Darjeeling Ltd
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    This Saturday's game at LA Galaxy will also be televised on local KSL tv. Let's hope it gets as good ratings as the last one did, because this will be a much more attractive game to watch (full house, nice weather).

5. cooldude32

cooldude32 Member

Sep 13, 2004
    SLC
    With it being a home game I'm wondering if it will be about the same because most of the people might go to the game.

6. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uhh this game is in cali my friend.

7. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Loyalists (RSL supporters club) just got a request for an appearance on a local sports show, so thats encouraging.

8. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We did? Which one? And when? That's really cool!

9. cooldude32

cooldude32 Member

Sep 13, 2004
    SLC
    Duh! I didn't know what I was thinking when I read it. I thought he was talking about the home game on the 16th. Sorry.

10. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some show from Park City. I don't know cause I have never seen it.
    Maybe they do ski reports usually.

11. Aero

Aero Member

Feb 7, 2005
    SLC, Ut
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Park City Television?

12. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KSL RATINGS: KSL's broadcast of Real Salt Lake's game at Los Angeles last Saturday earned a 3.2 rating and a six share across Utah.
    The ratings breakdown means that 3.2 percent of all homes in Utah were watching RSL's opening game, while 6 percent of homes with the TV turned on were watching.
    RSL's 3.2 rating peaked at 4.7 with an eight share in the second half, outdistancing a 3.0 rating and a six share the Utah Jazz earned during a crossover time period.