How bad can this get?

Discussion in 'Minnesota United FC' started by Bluecat82, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Last Line of Defense

Jul 2, 2013
    Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Using a DP spot on a goalie would be such a bad move. That position can be marginalized much greater than certain field positions. I honestly didn't think Alvbage was terrible, and Shuttleworth is average enough. All of Atlanta's goals to me were breakaways and perfect placed shots. Tim Howard couldn't have stopped most of those. If we use a DP spot on the defense I think it would be better served as a Ciman like CB or a Yedlin like wingback.

Unak78 and Bluecat82 repped this.
  2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    I was probably a bit harsh on Alvbage. And yes, all of their goals were on counters, and that's not just a break down of of the CB's. Would like to actually see Demidov in his more natural DM position and get Kalliman in there.

Agreed on the DPs

3. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    It's two games. Minny United has a long runway and folks should keep the faith.

Long way to go, folks.

4. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    I think that with your personnel, you may need to be that team who plays a bit more compact than the league normal and looks to grind out victories. May not be the most attractive football, but it might win you a share of matches and engage the fanbase in a workmanlike squad until you can make some improvements.