Houston Dynamo v. Portland Timbers, Wednesday, May 15

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, May 12, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 14, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get to the stadium early to claim a good section.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. Danwoods

Danwoods Member

Mar 20, 2000
    Bertram, TX, US
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last two games he's looked like he had something to prove. If not starting, at least bring him in at 60 minutes.

2. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, the last two games he tried to show he can win games on his own when the rest of the team is trying win together.

I am still annoyed by his attitude and how he plays. 9 other guys running around trying to get the win and here you are trying to take on 3 guys on the line and there are guys wide open.

Assist is way more impressive then some wonder goal or bs attempt

I do want to see him come on sooner than the 78th minute...

AcetheTigah repped this.
  3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How many stadiums can't figure out basic customer service and staff training after 7 years in existence? This stuff isn't like building a youth academy, it's basic blocking and tackling on an operational level. (although I guess Dallas should be like 10 years ahead of us). I can only assume the old Menchies frozen yogurt machine was an advance piece of equipment since it used to break down every game in 2016.

BTW, while i admire the FO for trying to slash ticket prices on a promo basis to get additional fans in, I think dropping the price of like $30 -$35 seats to $7 as a promo to sit in the same section like 204 is not a great idea. At some point you further tick STHs off.

4. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    One: while we did score a goal off a header, Portland seemed happy to go up for headers with us for 90 minutes. What they couldn't stop was the wings running right by people. Memo suits you to one, Quioto arguably both but definitely the latter. Kind of like someone was saying Hairston should have been on the bench. Adjust the team to the opponent.

Two, we didn't use 3 subs and Quioto played 8 minutes.

Three, RQ last season had 6G 12A. If he is wantaway a sane team tries to maximize his value like Elis's. A sane team also maximizes the Memo-Quioto pairing for its own benefit. He should play no less than 30 a game when healthy even if you feel like he is a lesser defensive player. If you want to keep Memo on the field he slots back to mid. His semi-technicality and hustle is probably useful there just the same.

Four, we have a long history of getting dumb and emotional with players who are headcases. We have traded away a future MVP and a future EPL player for stacks of wooden nickels. Even if we make a decision to move away from a headcase their value should be recovered in exchange and the replacement should make us forget them not remember them with nostalgia. Otherwise you're being just as emotional as the player being shipped out.

5. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Hairston was on the injury report, so presumably not an option to have on the bench.

6. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Struna made the mistake on the goal — not Figueroa. Left Fernandez onside.

7. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Figueroa learned of his father’s passing after the game. Actually — Boniek was recruited to tell him which he did on the field. Figueroa collapsed in grief.

Our thoughts are with you big man.

Dynam0 repped this.
  8. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Struna was Laggardly last in pulling up with the back line which kept him insides but there was blame to go around to more
    Coach for not subbing appropriate players earlier:
    Figueroa - Fuenmayor
    Martínez-Quioto (move Memo central)
    Elis not getting back on defense quicker ( maybe Elis should have been subbed by then - very tired in the last 30 min)
    Very late reaction by Figueroa and Beasley to a ball that stayed a long time in the air.

Prayers for Figueroa and his fam - I wonder if he will be out on Sat.? Fuenmayor and Struna Will have to step it up

9. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your opinion wouldn’t have anything to do with that same FO now posting Dash stories you wrote on the team website, would it?