Houston Dynamo v. LA Galaxy , Sunday, October 6

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Is it even disappointment at this point? I'm sure the team will come up with something.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Who: Houston Dynamo v. LA Galaxy
    When: Sunday, October 6 @ 3:00 pm CDT
    Where: BBVA Stadium; Houston, TX
    Records: LA Galaxy (16-14-3), 4th place WEST
    Houston Dynamo (11-18-4), 11th place WEST
    TV: KUBE-57
    Radio: HoustonDynamo.com/radio / 1010 AM Univision Radio (spanish)

This is the 34th league game for Houston and LA Galaxy in the 2019 MLS regular season.

The Dynamo lost, 2-1, at the Galaxy back in April of 2019. The last time LAG came to Houston was a 3-2 win for the Dynamo in May of 2018.

LA Galaxy is 3-2-0 in their last five league games scoring 15 goals and allowing 10. Their most recent league game was a home loss, 3-4, against Vancouver on Sunday, September 29. They are 5-9-2 in road league games so far this year. After the Dynamo game they next take part in the MLS playoffs on October 19 or 20.

The Dynamo are 2-3-0 in their last five MLS games scoring 7 goals and allowing 8. Houston is 9-3-4 in home league games this year.

This concludes the 2019 season for the Houston Dynamo.

7seven7 repped this.
  2. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    LA Galaxy @ Dynamo, all-time:

06/03/06 HOU 2-1 LAG
    08/09/06 HOU 0-1 LAG (@ Reliant Stadium)
    04/08/07 HOU 0-0 LAG
    10/07/07 HOU 1-2 LAG
    10/18/08 HOU 3-0 LAG
    10/18/09 HOU 0-0 LAG
    04/10/10 HOU 0-2 LAG
    10/23/11 HOU 3-1 LAG
    05/26/12 HOU 2-1 LAG
    05/17/14 HOU 1-0 LAG
    07/25/15 HOU 3-0 LAG
    04/15/16 HOU 1-4 LAG
    10/16/16 HOU 0-1 LAG
    9/27/17 HOU 3-3 LAG
    05/05/18 HOU 3-2 LAG

That's 7-5-3 overall with 22 goals scored and 18 allowed.

3. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Putting aside the chance to piss on Zlatan and Co.

The most important match of the season has actually become this weekend as we, as a soccer loving people, have the honor to send off a Mr. DaMarcus Beasley in his final professional match of his life!

Everyone must show to honor this man. His efforts over his career at the club level are second to none for American men both here in MLS and abroad. Then there is the fact that Beaz represented the United States in 4 World Cups! Torching the likes Luis Figo when he was only 20 years old!

Get out there on Sunday Dynamo fans!!!

VAMO' HOUSTON!!!

DonJuego repped this.
  4. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Thank him and apologize that he is retiring because we suck so bad it literally drained the passion from him.

TX Bill and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  5. 7seven7

7seven7 Member+

May 5, 2008
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "This concludes the 2019 season for the Houston Dynamo."

Eulogy Magna

6. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I'm sure there will be plenty there. Sadly most will be there for Ibra.

7. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    I dunno. I expect the Dynamo fans to have a depressed turnout and not enough Ibra fans will show to fill the stadium to any appreciable degree.

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great paragraph from an article in the Athletic today about teams eliminated from the playoffs:

“Here lies the 2019 Houston Dynamo, fallen, once again, from a great height. They’ve made the playoffs only once since 2013. What was once the most steadily successful franchise in MLS has been relegated to an also-ran; the only form of relegation the league offers.”

TX Bill, 7seven7, *rey* and 2 others repped this.
  9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martinez with hands on head.jpg

10. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

11. houhen

houhen Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Atascocita
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to be part of the Meet the President event. What, maybe 9 folk there? Nuf sed.
    Stick a fork in this organization.

12. houhen

houhen Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Atascocita
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK... I stand corrected. Beaz's celebration was worse. WTF was that?

13. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Well that was unexpected. Had a lot of fun at this one. Wonder why we couldn't play like that more this year. I continue to say that Elis simply does not get tired. That last goal was through one exhausted defense.

Stadium was not full but was packed fairly well, had a good energy and I hope to see it packed again next year.

CeltTexan and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  14. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    What was wrong with it?

15. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a generally fun game today and MLS needs more games like that with good action - though I think the 21,177 announced attendance was far too high, at one point I counted 26 people in the Texian Army section and folks were trying to avoid the sun at all costs.

The North End was not, uh, "packed". I'd say sparse (the 26 people in the TA sections notwithstanding). It's hard to see such a small supporters' turnout and think that the FO strategy to double, triple, and quadruple down on the supporters group membership thing is a good one.

Presuming the frontline is brought back next year (not sure about Elis but I bet Manotas and Ramirez are back) the entire key to next year is getting a real #10, not diet no-calorie no-flavor imitation knockoff DP Tomas Martinez and some defensive help. Put Pavon from LAG on the Dynamo and this team could compete for the West. Of course, that costs real money so the team wont spend it,. The forwards are good enough to win in MLS - Elis really brought it today.

But in many ways this was an out of sight/out of mind game today. Texans playing about the same time, Cowboys-Packers on TV, Astros sucking up attention, DMB a nice story but not a broad one.

CeltTexan and Ethos repped this.
  16. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On behalf of Minnesota fans everywhere, thank you for getting us a home playoff game! :)

DonJuego, 7seven7, ElNaranja and 2 others repped this.
  17. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Yeah I was disappointed in the SG turnout as well since there had been so much talk about the new one on social media. Plus with the Galaxy, Beasley's retirement, I figured it would be full. Hell, the Galaxy had almost as many in their section as we did. Not a good look and I too question the strategy. I just don't see where these people are going to come from. The Dynamo couldn't have had a better start, first two years and two championships. Hard to believe they pissed that all away.

Who knows about the investment, whether it will come or not. I'm not holding my breath but I wouldn't be surprised either. We are not that far, money wise, from competing. What really pissed me off were all the weird random jerseys that were there, I saw a Galatsaray(sp?) jersey for God's sake! It's like everyone wanted people to know that they weren't Dynamo fans. I guess I just don't get it.

7seven7 and Westside Cosmo repped this.
  18. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The amount of non-Dynamo non-Galaxy jerseys yesterday was befuddling. I did a double take on some - Boca Juniors and a Leicester one. The FO somehow thinks these soccer fans are going to be converted into Dynamo supporters.

The SG folks will just jump me on this but the turnout is not good compared to historical. It everyone is hiding somewhere in the concourse all game.

The Surge group appeared to be more of a urinal dribble than a tidal wave

Dynam0 repped this.
  19. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #19 CeltTexan, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    First and foremost what a way to comeback from being down TWICE to a long time rival and team loaded with talent! Finally! for an entire 90 MINUTES we witness some grit and some desire displayed as a unit by our guys just when it was needed! I mean once again, on the last day of the season we go tangle with LAEG and just find a way to put on one of our team's best displays of the entire season. Finding a way to win!
    VAMO' HOUSTON!!!

This Surge people have not showed at all since our FO announced that they are backing this new supporters group. Which is great on paper right! More the merrier I always say. But then to not show, even not showing on Beasley's send off match that is against LAEG! How shallow and baseless does this show off from this new effort.

Where are these new boys. One going as far as calling us out on BigSoccer.com and then not even showing to these last few home games.
    Talk is cheap, where ever you are Slappy.

There was a time that LAEG never sent a good number of their people. Now for several seasons in a row, they have travelled well to our city for this match of old foes.

Well, there are a tremendous amount of men and women out in our city that claim to love pro soccer. They just find excuse after excuse as to why they avoid attending Houston Dynamo home games. 14 seasons now. Where are they when the rubber meets the road. Marked absent apparently.

All the ingredients are here, downtown, kick ass stadium that has ion top of the action seating for all, proven success on the field by our players, standing tall in regional cup battles, tremendous youth talent, corporate money abounds and of course the most diverse city in the nation so the beautiful game can and should be the iconic vehicle that pulls everyone together under one banner. Which we did have going for us in the early years. Canetti and his draconian ways of dealing with people in town and inside the club's Front Office firing staff and running off fans, the toxic nature of this way of being just infested all areas of our club. Years on and it shows. The rot of a once banner club in MLS.

I think they get told that their investments are spot on and it is a sour ticket buying public that is gumming up the works.

Correct.
    And imagine if we had youth talent filling roster spots like our talent pool of youth boys can and should do!

20. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Damn it! You made me spill my coffee!!!

21. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    We are very far from competing at the current investment. Maybe if we were at the median we might have a chance. Let's see how these playoffs go. I doubt even that much would make us compete.

This all assumes we replace Jordan with someone who has 2 soccer brain cells to rubb together. Otherwise no amount of money will be enough.

22. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and by the way. It was a tad warm yesterday down at BBVA Stadium.

23. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are the highlights:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019...game-say-la-galaxy-after-decision-day-stumble

As for the other members of Galaxy, they aren’t too pleased about dropping their last two games.

“Yeah, guys are pissed. We just lost a game 4-2 that we had no business losing at all,” said goalkeeper David Bingham, who called his team’s consecutive losses to Vancouver and Houston embarrassing. “So guys are upset right now, and then we’ve got to get home and let it go and get everyone healthy and feeling good for two weeks.”

24. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna start calling them “The Dribble”.

25. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I did not see the entire game. When I did watch, the Galaxy (mostly Ibra) missed like 3-4 easy goals, so impression was the Dynamo were a bit lucky.

Anyway, that's all folks. On to next season. Not holding my breath for major improvement. I do think this team underperformed and being in the mix for the last couple of playoff spots was feasible. However, as others have said that just isn't good enough, especially in the new playoff system.