Houston Dynamo v. FC Dallas, Saturday, May 4

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, Apr 28, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 3, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dynamo tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No matter what, we still don't live in Dallas.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    There are several problems with BBVA, but the location is not one of them. I believe that if you consistently put a good product on the field, fans will come. Put a bad product and people will bitch about parking, concession lines and choices, the sun and the heat, etc.

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Celt: Oliver Luck himself told me that AEG had 100% design control and made all decisions. As did others in the organization.

3. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    More importantly than a winning team is a winning attitude from the FO. In other words, don't take customers for granted, nor treat them like crap.

4. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree completely! People will find things to bitch about.

Lets be honest here... NOTHING they did to that stadium would take away from the heat or humidity except for making a indoor stadium. It's hot and humid, if you are outside... you will be in it. If you are bitching about that... move out of this city. I love this stadium and yes there is things that can change, but overall I'm happy with it.

5. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct.
    Look at what AEG built for their L.A. MLS team. A solid, 27,000 seater with a moderate touch line roof structure.
    Then look at what AEG built for their Houston MLS team. A Budweiser Deck n Heineken Deck infused, 22,000 seater with some half assed roof concept for a stadium in a hot n humid part of our nation.
    One stadium is ideal for the city it was built in, the other is a SSS with baseball gimmicks and no thought for air flow or shade on day games. I will give anyone two guesses who thought this difference up but a Dynamo fan will only need one.