Houston Dynamo v. DC United, Saturday, May 18

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by newtex, May 16, 2019.

?

Result?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Dynamo win

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Dynamo tie

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Dynamo lose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Rooney quote: "Nice to see your own fans booing you". Let's make him feel at home.

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did we witness our Dynamo come from behind to defeat the East leaders? Why yes! Yes we did!
    Struna did well in the matchup with Rooney, the man still got his goal however.
    Memo upped his game to find the equalizer and Tommy Mack finally scores for his new team! Just when we needed something different off the bench. When Wilmer pulls Quioto, I am sure most of y'all were like me wondering wtf Profe? More so as Elis had to exit following that early head clash.
    The red on Ariola was just. Ben Olsen played scrappy n tough in his days, but not chippy nor without class. Canouse and Ariola both crossed that line tonight. Which of course makes the victory even sweeter!
    On to Minnesota and their new ground.

DALE DYNAMO!!!

2. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    This Dynamo team is fun to watch

*rey* repped this.
  3. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked Boniek for MOTM. Did a damn good job in helping contain Luchi Acosta who is a dangerous little player. He had the assist on Memo's goal. While he did not get an assist on the second goal, he played the key pass setting Lundqvist in which was difficult and required him to dig in to get to the ball.

El Presidente is having an amazing season and none so much as last night.

AcetheTigah and *rey* repped this.
  4. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I can't fathom how Boniek found the fountain of youth in the offseason. It's unbelievable.

*rey* repped this.
  5. DynamoManiac

DynamoManiac Member+

Jan 27, 2014
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Boniek has generally been excellent this season. Some players just find a way to extend their careers in switching to positions where they can continue to excel as they age. Lothar Matthaus going from midfield to sweeper stands out as one of the best examples of that. Boniek has adapted really well to being more of a holding mf/deep lying playmaker.

Generally speaking, I've been interested to see how this team fares without Elis so last night afforded that opportunity. Thought they played very well. First goal was off a horrendous DC turnover out of the back. Good teams take advantage of that, the Dynamo did, and what an individual piece of brilliance by Memo. Good teams also kick a team when they are down, and Dynamo were cut-throat in going after DC immediately and getting the second goal. Overall a really quality win.

Think a lot of this really comes down to Struna settling the back line. Given past Jordan work in Europe, I was skeptical when they got Struna, but he has been maybe the key difference (along with Figeroa) from last year.

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First match I've bothered to take my camera to. Apparently Facebook in its effort to rule the world no longer allows sharing to anyone not a facebook member. So here's the google album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tdcxmdJAR5eDFR7L7

Geauxlden repped this.
  7. naranjableeder

naranjableeder Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 30, 2006
    In the Terraces
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heft said it.....

This team is fun to watch! Memo is cruuuuuuuushing it and making a formidable combo with Elis. Put Manotas into the fold and its three different looks coming at you! He lacks the speed of Quioto, but he is way more effective! All this bitching I did about giving him more time is finally showing. He still has some work to do, but what he brings has changed this team.